1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only Gay or Only Straight, Why not more Bi

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chrisyboy, Sep 13, 2014.

1. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe i'm over thinking this way too much, but why is sexuality often so clear cut. OBVIOUSLY there are the various different orientations that people tend to ID themselves with, but the vast majority of us probably identify as Straight, Gay or Bi.

But why. Why for most people are we not Bi, because a human is a human.

For me as fully fledged gay guy, what is it that men have (apart from the obvious) that attracts gay guys like me. Why don't women do it emotionally and sexually that a feminine man does. Why doesn't a masculine female sporty type turn me on. I like guys feminine, average, manly, that doesn't bother me. Yet why is sexuality so clear cut for most of us.

Does that make sense?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not following you on this dude

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel the very same way.

At times, I feel guilty for harboring a preference for men. There is nothing wrong with women. They are beautiful and sweet. I just can't seem to be attracted to them as strongly as I am to men.

But, with things like these, I'm sure it's similar to how some people like apples. Others like oranges. Some like apples AND oranges. Some don't like either. And yet others don't care - everything tastes good to them.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't get why a gay person would feel guilty for not being bi, heck straight people don't feel guilty for being straight so why should we feel guilty for who we are . Some people say I'm closed minded for only liking women I honestly don't care and don't feel bad I like what I like and that's all that matters why the hell should I feel bad .
    And what the hell is wrong with being monosexual ?:confused:

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's nothing wrong with being monosexual - sorry if I implied otherwise.

For another analogy, it's like this. My mother bakes me a cake. I don't like cake. I feel guilty for not liking cake because she worked so hard on it.

I rarely feel guilty anymore, but yeah.

There's nothing close-minded about monosexuals. We're all human.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I didn't think you were saying anything wrong about monosexuals ,but I was listing things people have told me about being monosexual. Or rather lesbian that I was close minded . Your cake analogy makes sense ,I'm glad you don't feel guilty anymore and people shouldn't . I just think the lgbt should just embraced all sexuality gay , lesbian , bisexual , asexual pansexual and others .
    I don't get why and maybe I'm reading the thread wrong ,but why does everyone all of a sudden want everyone in the lgbt group to be bisexual it puzzels me :confused:. It's like either there's a thread telling us to practice bisexuality, or that all of us are bi and in denial or we should feel bad about not being bisexual . threads like this irk me to be honest but then again I could be reading this wrong .:shrug:

7. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, yeah, I definitely agree.

I don't think the OP meant that he wanted everyone to be bisexual. He's just asking why monosexuals are only attracted to one gender when, basically, we're all just human.

I think the answer lies in cultural aspects and physical appearance, but hey, I don't know. You can't exactly explain why you like one food over another, either, except that it tastes better. Haha.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah that's a good question , I can't say why myself , I always asked myself when I was a little girl why can't I like men like other women I guess that's what makes humans special we like what we like . It's like how someone likes the color red or pink and don't like other colors . When there all colors

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It's an interesting question. I feel like I'm not attracted to men because I hate sexual acts that are associated with straight people.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is an interesting question. Before continuing, I want to over my usual disclaimer over this kind of thing. When I talk about a group, I mean "most" not all. I can note some specific exceptions just to show you all I'm not being reductive. A good friend of mine in college was in a lesbian relationship. Later, he came out as trans and is now quite far along in the process of transition. He and his wife are still married. It's a straight marriage, but still queer.

Ultimately, I think people who are sexual have a particular schema that revolves around specific physical characteristics certain body types. Sure, personalities are included in the constellation of characteristics people find attractive. However, most lesbians like female breasts and vulvae. Gay men like penises.

While it's possible that people with a gendered personality match what a person finds attractive, for many people, it's ultimately about the body. It's different for everyone, but it's not often at all that you'll find a gay man who wants to have a sexual relationship with a woman so manly that her very gaze strangles kittens.

11. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :lol:

(in seriousness, I agree with Pret's post up there. +1.)

edit: sometimes emoticons are better than gifs

#11 Nychthemeron, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me too that's funny, I'm with pret on this

13. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, the way I look at it, *some* people find us sexually desirable. So the limitation lies within *you*. Since you have more insight into you than we do, please introspect and let us know when you have the answer.

14. C P

C P

Eh, I don't personally see anything wrong with/can see why there'd be a feeling of guilt here and there, when it comes to that. I feel it all the time when a girl shows interest and/or is having problems when it comes to guys and we get seem to get along well otherwise; it is a little saddening not having a opportunity to return to feelings and does bring up a few thinking moments.

Nothing, but it does come with the annoyance like the above, especially when you have less to work with as is.

#14 C P, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014