1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single girls/guys No one in your area?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ashestopheonix, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Ashestopheonix

I don't know about anyone else but where I live its not exactly LGBT central. When it comes to being single and gay and trying to find potential mates its like trying to find a needle in a haystack for me. I mean besides work and school it's not like there are any organizations around to help LGBT people meet, and even when you do meet someone throughout your daily life you like you have to play the does she/he like women/men? and then when you find out they're straight you think, okay well maybe I won't find somebody in person. Why don't I try online dating? And everyone you meet in your area is either a couple or looking for sex (Which is fine for others, don't get me wrong) but for people who are looking for a relationship? -sigh-

Am I the only one?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're not the only one. Lots of people here on EC say things like, "Oh, I saw a hot gay guy today," or "I met a lesbian earlier," etc. For me, I only meet LGBT people once in a blue moon, it feels like. Really reminds me that we are a minority; I get used to talking to all LGBT people when I'm here, then I go to the offline world, and BAM. Straight cis people everywhere.

3. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. You're not alone. It's hard when you're a teen too; there's even less options. Online dating is out of the question, and sometimes a lot of people don't take your sexuality that seriously. A lot of the time, people just gossip about it and giggle among themselves.

Heck, it even freaks me out when dealing with other people! I'm so out at my school, that I don't compliment a lot of girls unless I'm close friends with them. I don't want girls who don't know me to think I'm automatically hitting on them and being creepy. I'm always looking at people in the hall like "Okay how can I tell you I love your skirt without making it seem like I was checking out dat booty."

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. Ashestopheonix

Yeah when I'm on campus or in class its the same. there's that occassional "you just know she's a lesbian" girl, or that one effeminate guy, but everyone else seems pretty straight and cis.

Yeah I remember when I was in highschool not everyone took me being lesbian seriously. and online dating really isn't an option, is it... hmm...

Thanks I'll check them out.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I feel you. Last time I tried online dating, I got someone who was already dating someone else. I'm just choosing to love the single life, and if someone comes out...well, I won't rule them out.

7. Ashestopheonix

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel on the topic. If someone comes out of the woodwork then yay, if not, guess I'll stay single because actively looking is exhausting.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't find any lesbians in my town it's frustrating .

9. Ashestopheonix

Hah... I can't even find bi girls. Lol I feel your pain

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I found one bi girl but she's such a bisexual stereotype .

11. dreamcatcher

Well, I moved to another country where most LGBT people are in the closet, plus I live in a relatively small city and don't speak the language very well... so yup, no lgbt people. But it's all good. I got out of a relationship over a month ago so I don't really wanna date right now.

12. thekillingmoon

Yeah it's the same for me. I gave up on dating sites already. It's like lesbians don't exist where I live. And if there are any online, they just look at your profile and say nothing. What's up with that? You'd think being such a small community people would try to talk to each other more, even just to chat and make a friend.

13. PurpleGrey

Ugh! I feel your pain! I'm stuck in the south bay, and it's a very weird situation. I feel like surely girls don't talk to me because nobody can tell I'm gay, except for douchebag guys hollering from their fratboy cars. (Totally nothing to do with how I have the countenance of a murderer...) And back in high school, it seemed like all the girls were bicurious, but now that I'm out of both high school and the closet, they're gone, somehow, and I can't even get one of those. Boo. I should have accepted myself earlier! Oh well, guess all I can do is stalk the pizza parlor and dollar store, where folks hang out. T_T

14. Ashestopheonix

That's unfortunate. :confused:

15. JustJJx

I live in a little town called Thirsk which is mainly inhabited by very old people, young chavs and people who want to leave!
    No known gay scene at all, but i am moving to York soon and that has some kind of a scene there, so ^_^

16. Ashestopheonix

I don't know how you do it, I think I'd go nuts if I lived in a small town like that. Glad you're moving to a more LGBT friendly area though.