1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sarah Palin's email was hacked.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zūn Jìng, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Sarah Palin's email was hacked.

[YOUTUBE]7X8NJL3W2U8[/YOUTUBE]

Discuss.

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Three cheers for Anon and Wikileaks.

3. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

Personally, I think McCain's party leaked it. I think it was all for media attention, same with choosing Sarah Palin as the VP nominee.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    As much as I despise Sarah Palin and as much as I'd love something really nasty to come out about her, this is a violation of privacy and the people who did it should be arrested.

5. Amy

Amy

HIP-HIP HORRAY!!!!!!
    HIP-HIP HORRAY!!!!!!
    HIP-HIP HORRAY!!!!!!

i do have to agree with becky. she may be a war-mongring, anti-feministic bitch, but shes a war-mongring, anti-feministic bitch who needs the same privacy as the rest of us.

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Hehe, definitely done by McCain's party ;o

7. Noah

Anonymous, first scientology and now Palin. What fun

8. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

I say unto thee it wasn't Anonymous! It was either McCain or Ebums(I spelled it wrong for meaning)

#8 Zūn Jìng, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
  9. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, when your password is 'popcorn', it's not that hard to guess. Nothing politically damaging was published, and no one in the Palin family or McCain camp has suffered any losses from a picture of Palin's daughter or a message to her Washinton friends. It's little more than a scare.

And Becky, it simply isn't possible to find the person who did this because there is no one person behind it. Anonymous is a group of thousands working together. No one individual takes responsibility or credit. I doubt any legal action at all will take place, certainly not arrest.

10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican Party is behind all this.

11. Jerr

Don't care who it happened to...

IT WAS WRONG.

Jesus effen Christ... why... just why?

I wish they were able to be punished... I mean I don't have anything on my emails that are secret, really... but pictures... and a phone number... why would they want this and how do you have the BALLS to put up someone's number?

*sigh* Some people just need to... wait never mind...

All in all... I agree with Becky. Even though it won't happen they should be arrested.

Question: Why would McCain do it? I mean who is going to change their vote based purely on someone's email getting hacked? It doesn't change my feelings on the election one bit. It is a completely separate thing.

I've been having to watch myself. My sarcastic-heartless-bastard self is going to make me say things I completely and totally mean but will get me in trouble.

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For amusement, for disruption of order, and the same way one has the courage to send thousands of free condoms to the houses of every major journalist in a city, use a person's email to infect the computers of all their friends, convince depressed teens to kill themselves and then make mock MySpaces for them, plot to shoot up a high school on 9/11, and post directions on where to find the buried body of a dead hooker.

It happens. As much of a legal warzone as it is, it happens.

13. Malchik89

While i don't know at all if Mccain was behind this, but yes it is VERY possible that Palin's people are behind this. Why would someone change their vote? maybe they wouldn't, however they are gaining sympathy for Palin, especially by involving her family in this, total pulling of the heart strings. Cuz seriously people, these are not normal human beings, these are politicians. If i was a firm believer in conspiracy theories, i would totally say this could just be a shot at gaining sympathy and someone rising the palin mccain team to somewhat higher than the rock bottom they are at now.

14. Jerr

Oh, heart strings. Damn, sorry, lacking a heart here so didn't catch that.

Thank you. (For once, not sarcasm. Internet makes it so difficult to distinguish.)

15. Nitro

Brilliant move anonymous (!)

In the short term she has gained sympathy support of less than technologically literate people, and this event can be used to further monger fears and help support bills that reduce privacy and the republican party that traditionally supports them (think "demagoguery").

As for the conspiracy ...

I assume she has had this account for some time. If she recently reduced the strength of her password, then this was an open invitation to attack and thus the resulting media benefits. The conspiracy theorists would be right and this could all blow up in her face. If, however, it has not been changed for a long time, then this is just a case of spending too much time with a gun, and not enough learning how to protect herself online.

I think we all deserve to know what happened.

16. sdc91

While this is an invasion of privacy...

She used that Yahoo account to conduct GOVERNMENT business! There's a reason why there are .gov emails, namely encryption and security. This is her fault, too.

17. EpsilonEridani

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anonymous is a brilliant group. Though their tactics may be slightly illegal and their morality is questionable, they certainly get the job done.

As for all of this: Your E-Mail doesn't just get hacked. You do something to leave yourself vulnerable. As sdc91 said above, she used a Yahoo account - therein lies the problem.

In my opinion, though, she probably set this up. Palin is looking for a pity party because her "crucial information" was "hacked". At the very least, this gets her quite a bit of exposure.

18. Urman

Urman Guest

anon does very little hacking that dosent mean there isn't any there main focus is based on Scientology

19. pirateninja

As much as it is illegal and yadayada, as people have said, your e-mail DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT "just get hacked". Especially if you are in as high a position as Sarah Palin. She would have people hired simply to combat that problem, so either she's incredibly stupid to have a separate e-mail account that is unprotected, or her people did this just to rally sympathy. I am far from a conspiracy theorist, but the republican party seem to realise that Obama MAY actually beat them, and they are pulling out all the stops to get what they want.

20. EmperorNero

Wow. That actually happened to me yesterday.