1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you rather die before or after your lover?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by the haunted, Sep 14, 2014.

1. the haunted

Apparently today's theme is death... haha.

Would you rather die before or after your lover? Let's say dying at the same time isn't an option. You don't have to say why, but it would be nice.

I would like to die after my future wife. For a couple reasons.
    1) I would want to make sure she gets the funeral she deserves. I want to make sure she gets recognized properly. I want people to remember her for the great person she was. I want to be there to make sure it happens.
    2) I wouldn't want her to deal with the hurt of losing me first. I think I'm a strong person who could handle it better. I would want her to die with me by her side. Peacefully and unafraid.

What about you guys?

2. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After to ensure they received the burial they deserved

3. Kabuki

I agree completely with your second point. I would prefer to die after my boyfriend/husband. I think I could handle the pain and I definitely would feel bad if he goes through it because of me.

I think that's the only reason I have right now.

4. Hexagon

After, I guess. Some partner I'd be if I wished the pain of losing me onto them. But I don't currently have a partner, and I have no fixed plans to get one. Maybe I never will.

5. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

After.

But I agree with Hexagon, not sure if "lifelong partner" is what I want, ever

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It depends on the circumstances, for me.

If my partner is somebody, I have been with, for quite some time, bonded with, and we were faced with a devastating situation... I'd probably risk my own life, to make sure they had a chance, to get away. If we were both being executed, I would volunteer insist upon going first. I would want to demonstrate to my partner, to be strong, and to not show fear. If I were stricken with a deadly illness, I would want to go first, so that my partner would have time to grieve, but eventually move on, to experience new tomorrows.

But outside of those kinds of situations, I would probably want to die after. For the same reasons that have been mentioned here, but also, if they were indeed a lengthy and significant part of my life, they would become another reason to continue onward. To live life, and to incorporate them into my actions and ambitions. I know that sounds right out of a comic book, but... anyone who is involved in my life, and in such a manner as what this thread implies, will definitely have influenced me. But more importantly, they will have shown me, even someone like myself, can be capable of receiving love. That, alone, is worth carrying on for.

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I the only one who doesn't care at all..?

8. Yosia

After, i dont want them to have the pain of it. ^.^

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    After. They'd most likely have more hardships in their life than me, so that's one less thing they'd have to deal with.

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Before. I don't recover from trauma as well as most people, and while I wouldn't want them to have the pain of losing me, I just couldn't bare to lose someone I loved that much.

11. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After. I want to give them everything they deserve. With a tombstone like those huge obelisks in cemeteries. Then just pray my death follows soon.

12. littlemonster11

Before reading this, I was thinking I'd rather die before them because I couldn't bear the thought of living on with the pain of loss. I realize it's selfish because that just means I'd rather have my future partner carry that pain instead of me.

So, after reading your reasons, I'm steering towards after.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

This is an impossible question for me to answer. If possible, I'd like us both to die together after having lived a full life.

14. Candace

It doesn't matter to me, to be honest.

15. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I was with my soulmate, I would want to die with them. Honestly, even if they passed away before me and I was still alive, I would be dead as well. Any amount of time that I am alive afterwards, would be like my soul being trapped on this earth alone like a ghost that is extremely miserable and suffering and hasn't passed on. So in that sense, I would be dead as well and there would be nothing left and nothing to convince me to stay. :/ I don't really think I will ever find my soulmate or such everlasting happiness, so perhaps this question doesn't apply to me, but if it did, no matter what, that will always be my answer and that will always be the end result of that. So a dark answer for a dark question. How fun! :grin:

#15 ShadowSpirit26, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  16. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i would like to not die, ever, so after

17. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Together.. forever.. and ever... and ever..

18. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before. Honestly, my answer is a bit selfish in a sense because the death of a lover is not something I could handle. I wouldn't die, but I would most likely never recover. I'm not much of a crier but I love hard. I hate to think that way but... I just do. I know there's a possibility they'll hurt when I die, but I want them to live happily. I know for a fact I'd never be the same.

I would much rather my future lover hate my guts than die because I'll be ok as long as I know they're still in this world.

19. the haunted

Don't worry about it. I don't think it's selfish. Each person knows what they can and cannot handle. There are also plenty of selfless reasons to want to die before your lover. My reasons just happen to coincide with those who prefer to die after their lover. :slight_smile:

20. ChameleonSoul

I don't really think it'd matter at that point...