1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

falling for a straight girl/guy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ashestopheonix, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Ashestopheonix

I feel like we've all been there, but I'm more curious to hear if anyone has any stories.

There's always that one girl or guy that just seems to reel you in and once they've got you you're heart is pretty much theirs. And then the dreaded moment comes when you find out ...they're straight.

2. Ryujin

Story. Of. My. Life.
    I even made a comic about it.

3. rmds

It is indeed very common and something that everyone goes through at one point or another. When you're gay, it's kind of a right of passage to get your heart broken buy a straight guy/girl.

My story is actually going on currently... which sucks. I sort of realllyyy slowly fell for my best friend. We started off as nothing but friends. I've known her for about a year and we got close really fast. We just clicked. And for the majority of the time we've been friends, I liked someone else... which was a huge distraction. But recently I had this big falling out with my best friend and in all the time we spent apart, I kind of started to realize I had feelings for her. I finally saw her recently and was halfway tempted to tell her how I feel, or ask her if she's ever felt that way.... because at times there were some blurry points where I wondered if maybe she did. But when she started talking about her boyfriend and how great things are going with them, I realized that I couldn't tell her. At least not now. So yeah, it's been really hurtful...and I'm still going through it. It's definitely hard.

My ex dated a straight girl who was legitimately straight and it took them a YEAR of dating, to the point she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with that girl, before the girl was finally like, "Yeah, I'm straight, I can't do this," and left her for a guy. She was devastated.

Beware of those straight girls, man.

4. Cherylmac1962

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I am the one that is the straight one...at least that's what everyone thought! I m in love BFF And I just came out to my husband Of 19 years! I really don't know how he will handle this but me, I feel like a million dollars! We will have to mourn this marriage because I only want to be with her!

5. ShyTotodile

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's the story of my life, as well. Most of my crushes have been on girls I know are straight, and it's just blah, because you know they won't date you because they're straight. And if they were bisexual or lesbian, they still probably wouldn't date me. So... Blah.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

it keeps happening no matter how hard i fight it

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I've had this happen to me.. I fell MADLY inlove with a canadian backpacker when I was 15.. She was 24 herself.. I loved her to bits I swear. She went home to Canada though and got in a relationship with a guy I knew.. I hated him so much.. I was seriously jelous and in denial. I couldn't see what she saw in him.. He was hairy and didn't have the best hygeine plus his voice put me off altogether.. I was like.. I don't understand why she chose him over me!

I never told her how I felt though.. But I remember how badly I wanted to hold her in my arms everytime I saw her. I had it bad that's for sure. :tears:

8. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep for sure. Fell hard for another guy at my high school. He's the most amazing guy, and every time he talked about his gf or flirted with her at track, it drove a needle through my heart. It sucks big time

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've had a few straight girl crushes but once I find out the girl is straight I lose interest and don't purse . I don't waste my time with straight chicks , ya it hurts but I can't make them bi or gay and I really don't care to I just look for girls that are bisexual or gay .

#9 stocking, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  10. rmds

I think sometimes part of falling for someone who's straight is the chase... the challenge. Most of the time subconscious, I'm sure. But it's exciting when a "straight girl" has a crush on me. Idk why, it just is.

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

like statistically the chances of falling for an unstraight girl are low anyway

but it still sucks

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Never have crushes on straight girls. Straight girls turn me off to the highest degree, especially since most of what I find attractive is never found in them to begin with.

I can only remember this happening once in my life, and I was pretty young when it happened. Since then I only developed crushes on gay/bi girls

13. Ashestopheonix

My first love was straight. We met in second grade and were best friends by sixth. When I came out in eighth grade I told her I loved her. Things got weird between us but we stayed friends. Then one day she told me she thought she was bi and we decided to kiss to find out. So we did and we dated for two weeks. I thought I was on top of the world until she told me over a note that she wanted to break up cause she was straight but wanted to go back to being friends. I was so heartbroken I babbled about suicide. In all honesty I didn't mean it I was just upset.

Annnd I never fell for a straight girl again.

---------- Post added 15th Sep 2014 at 08:00 PM ----------

Sounds like everyone has their own history in some way.

14. littlemonster11

Back in high school, from my freshman to sophomore year, I had the biggest crush on my female friend who was 2 grades above me.

She was smart (really smart), nice, and pretty. It didn't help that she would pretend flirt with me sometimes. I have no clue how my little heart took all the fake flirting. I knew nothing was ever gonna happen, since she had a boyfriend. They've been together for as long as I can remember. They're married now.

I eventually forgot about her after she graduated high school. I haven't seen her in person since. I know I'm over her, since I'm genuinely happy for her and her husband.

That's my story in a nutshell.

#14 littlemonster11, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  15. Fruit Topping

Its the straight girls that always get you. Im stuck in that situation right now. Kinda waiting for my heart to be cruahed into a million pieces. I have accepted it.

16. Randomcloud

Story of my life :S Even if I know they're straight I can't help it sometimes and there will be this tiny part of my mind in denial and whispering "maybe she's bisexual..." lol

17. Fruit Topping

We can always remain hopeful

18. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

19. awesomeness

I think people tend to overanalyze things. I mean just imagine if it was the other way around.

Lets say a person of the opposite sex was attracted to you. No matter how close you become with them or how much they flirt with you, you're not gonna get true feelings for them. Even if for some reason you end up having sex with them, it's not gonna mean anything to you at the end of the day.

20. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

This

Which is exactly the reason I don't fall for straight girls. They're not going to like you either way so It's pointless