1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The things that "bug" you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wolf of The Baltic, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm curious of things people are scared of. Mine is bugs

2. Randomcloud

The ocean and any creature that dwells in the ocean that isn't a sea turtle

3. Fruit Topping

I cant do bees. I dont know why

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact that I've found 6 wasps in my house and I have no idea how they got in.

5. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nothing come to mind really. Most things don't bother me. Probably getting hit on the head is a biggest fear of mine. :confused:

6. Acm

Acm Guest

Bugs and spiders

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

for bugs? ticks and tapes and roundworms and ringworms used to bother me a lot but not anymore, definitely desensitized to those.
    i can not do wasps or hornets because they remind me of needles and i absolutely can NOT do needles at all, like i will probably die because of this phobia and it sucks a lot and i cry for it

for scares? being sniped. stuck in crossfire. rape. i love stingrays but im scared to walk into the beach because of them.

eh dat it

8. June Cleaver

Snakes, bugs of any kind but roaches make me historically crazy and I vacuum bugs in my Electrolux and wrap the bag in plastic many times when I feel safe enough to turn it off and then smoke bomb the house with raid smoking bombs and throw at least 20box worth of mothballs under the house and spray the lawn with Malathian with a hose sprayer which I spray the yard monthly anyway. I in 9 years have only found 3 roaches in my house. Keep the home spotless and poison the yard bugs won't be a problem. June

9. Psijic

Height, drowning (deep water in general) and I get startled super easily when I hear loud noises.

A friend of mine is also super scared of insects, for instance, even butterflies scare her.

10. Blossom85

I get really creeped out by cockroaches, I dunno why, I just don't like them at all.

11. Emmanuella

hearing people chew..... especially in a quiet room. THAT really gets to me.

12. CornerSign

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    centipedes. I'm absolutely terrified of centipedes. I can deal with spiders, snakes, whatever. I don't scare easy. but those little freaks make me scream like nothing else. once one ran over my bare foot and I threw up.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm not really scared of bugs. I don't much like spiders, because they can be poisonous. But fear? Eh, not really.

My ultimate fear is:

Being swallowed alive, especially underwater, and being unable to escape. Panicked, thrown around, all the while not knowing, if I will die by being crushed, torn by teeth, drowning, or being digested. Not being able to do anything, but being able to die any way, is probably my greatest fear.

My general fear is:

On a more personal level, collapsing into a numbing rage. I'd be set back, a few years, in terms of personal progress. Just losing control of myself, and losing everything I've struggled to maintain, would make it easier to stay like that. I don't want to become a problem again.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Irrational:

- Being under water while an engine is running nearby. I have a horribly crippling fear of hearing engines through water. The thought of it's actually making me feel uncomfortable. There's something so overwhelming and suffocating about constant, loud noises in water.

- Spiders.

Rational:

-Not getting good grades. The idea of averaging or coming below average can make me feel dreadful, even though it almost never happens. I tend to get nightmares about failing/handing in work late when exam weeks start/during essay rushes.

15. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Ok, in print, I'll admit it I guess , absolute only thing : rats and mice . Ye, bye

16. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Scared of wasps, bees, and afraid of heights.. Getting me in a traditional Ferris Wheel is very unlikely to happen (although I liked the London Eye, but yeah - safety) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ghosts, darkness, demons.

18. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The sound of people brushing their teeth as well as the noise of rubbing skin.

19. PurpleGrey

Bugs, man. Basically any bug that is not a bee, a fly, or a small spider. Everything else is terrifying. Things that sting more than once scare me, but not bees, which is weird. Maybe because I've been stung by a bee in the chest, no big deal. Crawly things with too many legs are worse. They give me the heebiejeebies. Beetles and June bugs are worse than that! They're like giant flies, and they won't piss off! I see one, and I'm like, nope.

Worst is (I don't even want to type it) cockroaches. And waterbugs. Even little ones. I will invariably have a fukking panic attack if I see one! They're nasty, filthy things with diseases and microorganisms. I used to live in a cheap apartment, constantly infested with the bastards. They would jump out of cupboards and run over my feet. It was the worst! We had mice once, and I'd rather have those in the place.

Now that it's a million degrees here, they sometimes make their way in the house, always a big one. It's bad enough having a swarm of flies living in the kitchen sink, but keep those fukkers away from me!

20. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't like pigs. Pigs scare the shit out of me. I really get annoyed with people who use metal utensils (forks, spoon,etc) on plates or bowls that are not plastic. If I'm in a room with someone eating like that, I'll leave. I really can't stand it when two pieces of polystyrene foam rub against each other.