1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kenny9210, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Kenny9210

Kenny9210 Guest

Why did your last relationship fail?

His mom hated the fact that he is bi and chose a guy. She blamed me for converting him to the gay side. So she pulled him out of our school and banned him from ever leaving the house. We managed to deal with her for a year, but eventually things got out of control, whenever we'd sneak to be together, she'd somehow find out and make his life hell. She kept records of phone calls, and locked the computer.
    I think it really sucks that my first true loving relationship, was forcibly ended, and not by our choice. Thats a major disadvantage of being gay, first of all, theres far less people to fall for or get with, and the situation is always so much more dificult when you do find somebody, so in the end, its really rare to find love and keep it. :dry:

2. Matty

My first relationship was earlier this year, and has been over for about 2 and 1/2 months. He ended the relationship because he wanted to be friends instead. It was a good break up, and we both came to an agreement to remain good friends. The first week and a half after were hard, but then I was ready to try being friends, making efforts to keep in touch. I just sent e-mails, texts, and voice mails every 3-4 days (because that was what I'd been encouraged to do)...simply to say hello. But I rarely ever heard/hear replies, and on the occasion I do they are short and not particularly friendly. I am moving on, but hurt because I was mislead to believing we'd be able to stay friends (since we have a lot in common and are very much in the same social circles). The relationship was good...no fights or anything too "far", but I am glad to no longer be in it....I like defining myself by my single life...

I focused on the relationship, but now that it is over, I am happily back to being myself 100%...going about my day in a spontaneous yet structured way, and making plans to kick off a life full of travel and artistic experiences. I know that whoever I find must share my passion for travel and theatre...he will be my life partner who lets me lead my life, and I his...not tied down to be together at all times, rather friends with a deep attraction and bond.

#2 Matty, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only one. It failed simply because we were too incompatible. We stayed friends for some time, but he just got too annoying. He has this habit of completely cutting contact for up to six months at a time - no returned phone calls, unanswered e-mails. Then, just when I had given up and stopped contacting him, he'd contact me with a "we never talk anymore". This happened over and over again, and it got too annoying.

I still have contact info for him, and we still exchange some vague pleasantries, but that's about it.

Lex

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No relationships yet, and thus no breakups or exes.

5. Jonathan

I'll 2nd that.

6. shakerdancee

I have no time for relationships... that's what ruined the last one...

oh marching band.

7. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My previous relationship was with a girl :confused: I was just beginning to realise that I was in fact gay, not bi. I just really wasn't in to the relationship, it was like a chore. I felt obligated. But she was really in to me, I ended it about 6 weeks ago. I didn't say my reason was cos I was gay, cos that would've hurt her too much and she would've thought that she 'converted me'. But another big reason was that she was totally unreasonable and mean. I told her months ago that I thought I was bi btw.

And just this afternoon my new boyfriend (also my best friend :slight_smile: ) told her that we were now together, face to face. We wanted to tell her so she didn't have to find out from someone else. We thought this was the better thing to do... And my boyf wanted to tell face to face, I just wanted to warn her by txt cos I have lost patience for her.

Anyway, I've been getting abused by her best friend all avo through txts :confused: I have stopped replying, and she too gave up.

So in summary: she was being a massive hoe bag, and I was finally coming to terms with my gayness, that is why we broke up :slight_smile:

And I'm much happier now with my boyf, I am VERY in to this relationship (!)

8. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I probably shouldn't be answering this thread but well here we go.

My last ex was a curious sort of guy. He was kind and sweet at first. He cared about me and made things easy to keep it going. Then as time passed I realized that I was doing much more work to keep us together than he was. I gave him gifts and did little things for him because I cared about him. While he mostly whined about his problems. Then he used me the same night he dumped me.

So in essence the reason my last relationship failed was because my ex was a piece of :***: who only ever thought about himself. :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

9. chrisb

Basically i had nothing in common with him, and we talked on the phone and at first he was saying oh maybe we should take a break, and then i'm like well i think we should end it. then we talked awhile and i think i really broke his heart, because he never talked to me again after...

10. Helen

Helen Guest

Well my last boyfriend was 2 years older than me, and more importantly, I live in Dubai, he lives in England. We started the relationship when I was in England for the summer, but I don't think he realised how hard it would be to keep up a long distance relationship like this one. He was very big on the physical side of things (I never actually met up with him, but I was going to ((but I DID know him personally))). Also, as I found out during and after the relationship, he had a habit of falling in love with every girl he meets >.<. So he found someone who he thought he had a better chance with, rang me up crying, then called me again a bit later once he could actually talk coherently.

That was the end of that, but he kept stringing me on for about a year, telling me he still had feelings and drawing me in, then being horrible and pushing me away again. Since then I have discovered lots of dreadful things about him from mutual friends of hours, and frankly, I'm glad I got away when I did. I decided never to speak to him ever again about a month ago, and that's how it's staying.

11. davo-man

Well, the only date I've been on was nice enough...We went to a movie, had coffee, and had a walk on a beach. It was all very nice, but after the date, I had a think about it, and I realised that I simply wasn't attracted to him. He was a year or two older than I was, working full time (didnt do uni), very flaming, very Christian, and very....um, dunno what the word is, but overly optomistic. Like there is never a trouble and everything is airy fairy awesome.

To be honest, that's just not what I want in a guy. I want someone who is in a similar position to what I'm in, ie at uni, just out of highschool, cos it's a lot easier to relate to. Someone who isn't flaming. That said, I don't want a straight guy; I like being able to talk about musicals, fashion and the latest ANTM episode, but not the total sterotypical gay guy...Im just not into it. And I'm aetheist, and while I respect Christianity as much as I do every other religion, I find it much easier to relate to someone who isnt defined by their religion, if that makes sense. And I want someone who can be in bad moods...Because I certainly get in bad moods (and people around me know about them)

Basically, he was too extreme in all the wrong places.

Anyway, after that, he asked me to go somewhere with him, and I basically said I would, but just as friends because I didnt see us working as a couple (or words to that effect). He kept msgin me asking me why, and I tried to be as gentle as I could.

He continued to msg me, asking me to go places (just as friends) and (un)fortunately I actually couldnt go. After a while his weekly msges got annoying and so I started saying no, even though I could go. Then I just started ignoring them altogether.

The msges continued, although they soon became less frequent, and I continued to ignore them. This started 9 months ago and last week we happened to go to a party together, and he pulled my best friend to his side and asked if there was still any chance for me and him being together. Being my best friend, she told the truth; that there wasn't. I think the msgs have stopped for good now

So, yeah, that was my first...well, not boyfriend, but person that I went on a date with. So if anyone wants to date me, seriously it can't go any worse than that, so feel free to ask me out :grin:

12. Janvier

We broke up because he started hanging out in the gay area of Paris... alone... to meet 'friends' from the internet...
    HE then broke up with because 'something' came up. I was about to break up with him at that very same moment because I was sick of him going to paris without me, he had a car but never drove to my place, he prefered the Nintendo to me and he never returned my texts or calls. He had great qualitys too but I think we would have been better off as friends in the first place. Now he keeps texting me at random times asking me if we can meet up and stuff, if I reply, I do it the next day, it's always a short text and I refuse.

13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

He just randomly broke up with me one day after many years. No warning, no reason.

We have no contact now at all; I don't see how we can.

So why did it fail? Beats me.

14. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He was a Fundamentalist Christian and he couldn't decide between me (which is what made him happy) or being "straight" which made his family and friends happy. So in the end he picked the "straight" lifestyle and now he's off at a religious university where he'll grow even further away from his true feelings. Sad, isn't it?

15. Beth

She was straight...
    hmm it was a bit odd.i'd seen her before,i met her when i was on what some ppl might call a date...with a guy she happened to be friends with.so i was there with him & was kinda chattin her up on the next table ha.gutted for him!!
    within 2 weeks we were goin out.it was all a bit quick & i thought she was cool & funny but then i started to find out things about her that i think are awful. but then she kinda ended it saying,ahem "i like cock!!!" & seeing as i dont have one,well...thats a bit of an issue lol.
    we stayed mates, like really good mates,hangin out together all the time.but then the things that i'd found out about her that i didnt like got worse & we had a huge fight over it.
    then she randomly txt me & when we met up she had a really good time but i wanted to leave as soon as i'd gotten into the car!
    then i was out at the club at home that has gay night & because obviously she is still friends with some of my friends she happened to be there.
    it was a bit quiet & i was like "ahhhh its cuz these three straights are here,look at u all!"lol & she turns round "i'm not straight" yehh whatever ive got better people to chat to darlin. then i played the whole offended thing (i wasnt really i was just joking) like how dare she say shes not straight when she ended our relationship cuz she was straight.then i went to the toilet & the crazed cow is tryna get into the cubicle haha no chance love.then on the dance floor she turns round I STILL FANCY U BETH! hmm walk on then i got txts like "wana snog?" errrrrm not particularly so i got her mate to take her home

good stuff.

my other relationship.hmm.now thats a story & a half.
    see now she's straight too but she loves me ha so i must be pretty special to get a straight girl to love me, 2 1/2 yrs & shes still into me.aww.nah i'm not that great really.

16. disenchanted

She was the first person I came out to, mostly because I really really really liked her.
    We were together for about eleven months, and I loved her. She loved me too.. or at least she said she did, I'm starting to doubt it now.

Anways, she broke up with me at school at lunch (when I still had to go to two classes afterwards). She thought I "wouldn't react so badly".
    Uh, yeah. I loved you, you broke my heart, and you expected me to just skip off happily to English?
    Turns out she didn't know me that well after all.

We're friends though.
    She's always going on about her boyfriend who she loves sooo much.
    I have a feeling I was just her lesbian experiment.

17. byeee

Well, if you don't count my only girlfriend- that I only ever kissed - I guess I can't really say I had a relationship. There was this guy that kept saying he didn't know what he wanted... but hell with him. I never called that a relationship. I don't talk to him anymore, and I probably won't until graduation when I'll finally get out of Germany for good.

18. EmperorNero

The girl moved away, and we simply didn't have the time to see each other.