1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went on a trip through Europe. Probably the best 1 and a half week of my life.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DeviantAttitude, Sep 18, 2014.

1. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    On the 1st of September me, my mother and her partner all went on a business/vacation trip across Europe. Not all of Europe unfortunately, just the "west side", but it was very cool.
    We rented a caravan. A bright yellow caravan. It was actually re purposed to be a caravan. The conversion was actually nice, the guy did a good job.
    We started the trip here in Portugal and our first destination was Paris. It was my first time in all of these wonderful places BTW.
    Before Paris we stopped to sleep in a place called Arcachon. The sunset there was amazing.
    Saw the Eiffel tower for the first time and it's base is actually smaller than I thought it would be. It's also really big.
    From Paris we went to Lille, another amazing place, then Luxembourg to visit family members and we headed to Worms in Germany, stopped there for the night before going up to the Netherlands.
    It was amazing. Best place I've ever been to. The whole country is very beautiful. In Amsterdam we walked around for hours just looking at things and let me tell you something... these people love weed and sex like nothing I've seen before.
    After Amsterdam, we set course to Belgium. In Brussels we saw a kid piss into a fountain. Explain to me what is the interest of that? The statue also looks smaller IRL... I'm talking about Manneken Pis.
    After the business meetings in Belgium ended it was time to return home. But before that my mother wanted to go to Mont Saint-Michel.
    It looks amazing from afar and its even better inside. Japanese love that. I mean, I saw more Japanese there than on the whole trip. What is so amazing about that castle to them?

Conclusion: Loved it. Would do again... just not with the same people. The bathroom in the van sucked. Costed way too much. That's about it. Everyone should visit all of these places at least one in their lifetime.

2. Ryujin

That sounds incredible!

3. DMark69

Some of my favorite memories were being stationed in Germany in the military. I had the time to travel and see europe and not have to cram it into a week or two. I don't think you could even experience the city of Munich in 2 weeks, let alone all of Germany, or all of Europe.

4. Candace

Good for you! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time :slight_smile:

5. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that's an amazing trip! :icon_bigg

Amsterdam.. Haha, there are literally coffee shops everywhere there! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. White Knight

Ha ha ha. We were talking about that statue, of course we are not in Brussels but we had smaller one in house when I was little. I was telling my friend today on phone how I loved to put my mouth around its... hmmm faucet? and drank whatever coming out...

Very strange coincidence as I was totaly forgot about that thing till today's phone convo.

Anyway, nice trip you had.

7. timo

Sounds like a great trip. Cool to see you enjoyed it! :slight_smile:

:lol: Yeah that about sums it up

I was very disappointed with this as well.

Haha. "Coffee" :grin:
    For those who aren't Dutch: "Coffee shops" are the places where marijuana is sold. It's a very misleading name.

8. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoops I totally forgot to explain that! You are very right. And in Amsterdam you can certainly smell the "coffee". :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. thekillingmoon

Yes I liked Paris and Brussels. It was a long time ago, but I remember they had a light show in Brussels square, not sure what it's called. It was amazing. Heard a lot of good things about Amsterdam, so maybe someday I'll visit it.

Have you been to Italy? I went there recently and it was great. The food was outstanding and they have these little drinking water fountains in the streets where you can fill your water bottle. It's good clean water. And the architecture, oh my god. Can't look the same at my town anymore, it's so boring. I didn't want to go back.

10. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not only that but I forgot to mention that I visited Reims in France (with the big cathedral and stuff) and Baden-Baden in Germany.
    The latter is a resort... I described it to my friends as being a town with a lot of rich 70 yo. retired business men/women.

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2014 at 02:38 PM ----------

No, I've never been to Italy. Do you recommend any places in particular? (excluding Rome and Venice of course)

11. Zodavva

Sounds great! Paris is a lovely city. Personally, I didn't like Amsterdam when I was there. I just found the drugs scene everywhere disconcerting, there was litter everywhere and it just felt trashy. Also the restaurants all seemed to be closed when I wanted to eat.
    Haha. I think some visitors take the Manneken Pis as a precedent for acceptable behaviour...
    Glad to hear that Mont Saint-Michel is nice, it's somewhere I'd like to go.
    Where would you recommend in Portugal that's good to visit?