1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Author needing asistanse

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Colorful13, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Colorful13

So I am transgender and have decided to write a story going through the life of an ftm but to put on my website but there is a problem. Even when i identified as a girl I was NEVER feminine, but the main character is, like blond cheer leader poplular girl type, and I know nothing about feminine girls so I wondered if I could get input from any one who identifies or used to Identify as a girl to get a little perspective.

Oh idk if Im posting this in the right place so sorry If im not.

2. Gen

Gen

The best advice I could give would be similar to writing from a female or male perspective. Gender and expression is much more about how we interact and present ourselves in society, rather than the actual way that we actually think or personally view ourselves. A well written and complex character would appear very ambiguous to readers until we are giving things such as pronoun usage, appearance, social parallels, etc.

Especially if he originally fits into this stereotypical feminine mold, it doesn't mean that he view herself in a highly feminine light or though in a "feminine way". What is feminine or masculine, womanly or manly, is all based on how society views it, so without all of the bells and whistles it is highly likely that he wouldn't think much differently about things than you do.

3. PurpleGrey

Do you mean the character is just feminine because he wants to be or thinks he wants to be, or because he's trying to hide his gender identity or ignore it by appearing as female as he can? That is to say, is it a conscious decision, or does he just want to be feminine?

I can give you better input if I understand it better, is what I mean.

4. Colorful13

he is like sort of denying his identity and has been feminine all his life and now is going to explode and just change everything

5. PurpleGrey

Okay, I kind of get it.

One of the things I had trouble with trying to be feminine when it just wasn't me, was makeup. I just didn't get it. Mom would try to get me to be all excited about makeovers, and I just couldn't understand. When I tried to do it myself, I looked like Robert Smith.

Another thing is tights. They never felt like they fit properly, and always felt like they were falling down. And they kept rolling down at the waist. And they kept sticking to the skirt or dress. Skirts always feel too short, anyway, so I could never wear them without tights. Urgh.

Heels hurt like a bitch. I didn't know I was supposed to change how I walk with them. Shaving my legs sucks, so I only do that when I'm going to wear shorts, so never. Nail polish is such a pain. Mom can make it dry in two minutes, but when I do it, it takes two days. Dress shoes squeeze my toes, and that hurts. Why can't they make wide shoes?

I could go on about everything that sucks about trying to be girly, but we would be here forever.