1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what aged person would you date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by happydavid, Sep 19, 2014.

?

younger or older

Poll closed Sep 29, 2014.
  1. younger

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. older

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. same age

34 vote(s)
    52.3%
  4. age is unimportant

19 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Explain why

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't care about age honestly.

But I tend to be attracted to guys in their 30's and 40's haha...

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Either the same age or only slightly younger (20-23)/slightly older (25-27)

4. Xochipilli

I chose older, but I'd also date someone the same age. Never younger though. I don't want to be the old one in the relationship.

5. Hexagon

I'd date a couple of years younger, and maybe five or six years older. I'd be willing to make exceptions for the latter, though. Generally speaking, I would prefer to be in a relationship with someone at the same stage of life as me, someone I have things in common with. And that is likely to be around my age.

6. Yosia

Age isnt a factor for me unless its too large of a gap.

7. Hel

Hel

Same age. But I look younger than I really am so it's probably going to look like my partner is older anyways...

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Same age though I recently met this guy I'm pretty sure is over 20 and somehow is completely my type....

Maybe a few years older. No more than 3 or 4 though.

9. Ruthven

i mean i don't think about age i'm just attracted to whoever i'm attracted to and if they're 20, 30, 40, 50, etc doesn't bother me a bit

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Age isn't important as long as I don't feel like the kid/parent of the relationship with an age difference (if there is one).

11. TheStormInside

Preferably someone in a 5 year difference from me, plus or minus... so I suppose 26-36 would be a general range. But if I really connected with someone and our age gap was larger I would still be fine with that. I just feel like someone in my own age range is going to be at around the same point in their life, so we'll likely have more in common as far as perspective and lifestyle.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Articles I've read show roughly the same age is the norm. I'll go with that. You've experienced the same things at roughly the same point in time and have way more in common.

I'd be uncomfortable with much younger or much older. I just would.

I don't know exactly how many years makes up a generation (is it 20, or 25?) but, even with people HALF a generation apart, there are topics and issues where you think very differently from each other.

13. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've selected "same age" but I would be open to a relationships with someone a few years older and also younger.

There's been debate on this forum a few times that over whether a guy in his late teens/early twenties dating a 16-17 year old is morally correct. I really think it's circumstantial, I can see both sides to it. In an ideal world though, the same age as me would be ideal.

14. June Cleaver

age is important! I think being in my decade we can relate better. now the strange thing is younger men really catch hard ons for me. Married 20's and so catch it the worst! just once I would like to have a normal relationship and be kept for more than sex! June

15. timo

Given my current crush on an 18-19yo guy you would expect me to vote 'younger', but I also wouldn't mind dating a 28-29yo.

So anywhere around my own age really, +/- 5 years.

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not important to me. I don't relate to a lot of the people who are the same age, and have friends all over the board. There are some generational things that people have in common that tighten the bond, so to speak, but really, it doesn't matter to me.

That said, my partner of (almost) 25 years is 6 months older than me, and it's worked pretty well. :slight_smile:

What is odd, though, is that I don't really 'feel' like my age, or very much relate to 90% of people in my age range all that well...they seem too set in their ways, boring and resigned, afraid to try new things, take risks, and be adventurous. I have a very youthful spirit, and like that energy better, out of which change, flux, innovation and even, to an extent, chaos, flow.

#16 HuskyPup, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't set a number, I treat it on a case by case basis and trust my gut. I'm a little emotionally immature, but I've got more life experience than most people around my age. My boyfriend is several months younger and we're able to relate to each other very well. I've never had a relationship with more than 3 years age difference. Don't get me wrong. I've had some weird thoughts before, even by my standards. When I was 13/14/15/16, I liked independent women nearly twice my age. Thankfully, I read about relationships and found that was called infatuation. That helped me to understand why it wasn't healthy.

For example, I crushed on a 30 year old teaching assistant when I was 14/15. She looked several years younger than her real age, she had a sports car and she didn't giggle when she talked about men. I was still dependent on my parents, didn't really know what I wanted, couldn't drive, these power dynamics are dangerous and that would've been illegal. Maybe age differences don't matter so much when you're older. I can imagine a 30 year old dating a 40 year old and that working fine. It doesn't seem wise to go either way more than a year or two in the teen years. I believe life stages do matter and impact relationships, especially when people are younger than 25.

18. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I'd prefer someone a few months younger than me. I don't know why, I guess I'm a few months older than most of my friends, so that's kinda what I'm used to. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility of dating someone a few months older than me either. But still, I'd prefer our age gap to be no more than a year.

19. Kabuki

I chose same age but, I would be open to be with someone younger than me (if legal of age) or a bit older, like by 2 years. I just think it's best to have someone around the same point of maturity and stage on life.

20. SomeLeviathan

prefer older or same age but if I met someone who was younger than me with whom I got along I would make an exception.