1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does getting wasted make someone feel better?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosepetal, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like 4 yrs I've wasted nd I could've gotten my college bachelor degree and license to drive by now . I'm waiting for a bar to open at 5 . I don't care I'm 21 I really don't

2. thekillingmoon

For a couple of hours, followed by a bad headache. Alcohol is overrated.

3. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a big fan of alcohol. I have had my problems with it at times, but overall I think I have taken more from alcohol than alcohol has taken from me. That being said, drinking because you are depressed is a bad idea. Your issues don't get better due to drinking and may get worse. I know this from experience. Alcohol is, after all, a depressant drug. Stop worrying about where you have been, and start looking at where you want to go. Then start getting there, with small steps at first, maybe. Don't waste time with regrets and 'what-ifs'. What's done is done. Time to move on. And getting hammered won't help.

4. June Cleaver

I'm starting over from the bottom at 42, at 21 you can start today and not be far behind your start of life! don't delay, and stay away from bars as barfly people are generally going nowhere, unhappy, and gateway into drugs to escape the lonely lifestyle they live never getting that good home life and loving partner they want,instead just sex from what they pick up before closing. I have seen this repeatedly in my early days 24+ years ago and saw what happened. all dead now of aids, wrecks, hepatitis C, among other things also some spent time behind bars! think about where you want to be at 25 and make a game plan, than go for it! June

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experience, it's a bad idea to drink to feel better when you're feeling bad. I only drink when I'm already in a good mood.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not the best member to advice you over this, because I don't care anymore too and I hit the bottle on a regular basis, probably for the same reasons... The difference between you and me : I'm not 21 anymore.

There is nothing wrong with alcohol but two things - Hangovers and bars.

Hangovers, real hangovers, are living nightmares. You won't be able to function. Your problems will get worse, and it'll be your own fault. You'll end up with a gigantic headache, hating yourself and the world around you, and you'll be stuck there until your body cleans itself.
    By then you'll have created more problems for yourself due to your own incompetence when suffering the hangover, so you'll hit the bottle again because you don't want to face another self-made fuck up...

Bars - Generally speaking you can get for free anyone of these or a combination of them if you have the stupid idea of going to a bar with the intention of getting mashed...
    -Broken nose/ribs/legs/arms/head... (got into a fight)
    -Get raped
    -AIDS
    -Naked pictures of yourself posted on the internet
    ... And the list goes on and on, including getting killed (no coffin included, your family will have to pay for it).

Again, I'm not preaching here what I do, but be careful, specially with bars. Getting mashed at home is cheaper and you have your own bed to go and cry about everything past, present and future, until you pass out. Next morning all you have to do is cleaning up the mess of broken glass, clean the floor, eventually apologize to the neighbours and etc... While you enjoy a gigantic hangover, of course.

7. Blossom85

I don't think it's a good idea to drink when your feeling down already, I am going to have a few drinks tonight, possibly even getting a bit drunk, but it is for a happy occasion. The girls of my family are having a girls night whilst the guys are camping so it's gonna be a good night, but it wouldn't drink alone whilst being upset and depressed.. It is not going to solve anything or make you feel better the next day..

8. June Cleaver

I'm at rock bottom and these pictures will show drunk driving does and I am blessed not to have hit a van of children! The DUI is going to cost a fortune, I totally distorted my new Volvo I was going to run away in the next day, well I'm not leaving Florida now for at least one year! PROBATION!I survived an my dog too as I passed out driving excess of 70 mph not belted in, I am glad I am smart enough to drive a Volvo. Guess what Jesse is with her,not June so getting drunk did nothing but make matters worse! this was just a week ago Wednesday! June

Attached Files:

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me a cocktail helps come unwind after a long day, but I do not drink when I'm depressed. That's a good way to begin to develop a drinking problem. I have recurring depression, meaning it comes and goes, and I'm still learning to deal with it as a day can start out great and all of a sudden I get triggered and the whole day goes to hell. Alcohol won't make that any better, and it would probably make it worse.

10. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't go to the bar because my boyfriend said i love you and I don't want you doing stupid things. He was against it entirely

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Yes.

Yes, it will.

It will make you feel lovely.

Then you'll pass out, wake up, and feel like total shit in the morning.

While you deal with the hang over, you won't have much else on your mind.

Then, when you get over the hang over, reality kicks in.

Shit, what do I do about these feelings? These situations? Just, everything?

Gulp, gulp!

Repeat as necessary; which can become too often.

At best, alcohol can calm you down. Give you a little bit of that 'liquid courage', you know, that stuff that allows you to become, in your buzzed little world, irresistible to that guy/girl over there. It can make dealing with something, a little bit easier. It provides a 'less with the stress' kind of vibe.

But, like with most anything, too much, and you'll become too dependent upon it. Every little trigger you feel, you'll gulp down a few bottles or cans, and, pretty soon, you'll keep drinking, just so you can avoid/delay the reason you are drinking.

At worst, alcohol can turn you into a stuttering, bumbling, asinine pinhead. You'll start planning, any free time, around preparing to drink. You'll start getting snappy, when you go somewhere that you cannot drink, or if somebody wants to hang out, you try to get rid of them, so you can resume the liquor affair. It will numb you.

You complain about "wasting 4 years", and you say that, as if it is a terrible fate to befall anybody...

[​IMG]

You turn to alcohol as the fix-all remedy, you'll be grateful for those 4 years, that you weren't before.

12. black-cat

"Alcohol isn't the answer, but it does make you forget the question."
    (For a few hours, and then you will feel like death warmed up, nauseous, dizzy, etc *and* you will remember the question- and again, without an answer.)

13. RAdam

Yup all kinds of intoxicating make me feel better :grin:

14. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told u people I didn't go

15. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

You won't be feeling better the next day.

16. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Feel bad -> drink -> feels good -> feel worse after. Story of my life.

17. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes the bartender feel better, if you are a big tipper.

18. Wild Poodle

Yeah..
    Get wasted, wake up from someone's kitchen floor and then let other people tell you how much fun you had.. And then you start to remember things that you shouldn't rememer.

So much fun.

And I'm having a great time with my tequila hangover atm. Yay...

19. Hexagon

For a bit. Then less so.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For a short while then you feel worse when it wears off .