1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some feedback.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aldrick, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Aldrick

This isn't really related to the types of things discussed here, but I'd like some feedback.

I'm writing a piece about a young boy struggling with ADHD. I've spoken to experts on how to interview him, things to watch for in my observations, and all of that. I have some knowledge on the subject as a result. However, my goal in writing this is to tell things from his perspective. I want the reader to empathize with him, and learn to care about the subject and his personal struggles. I want the reader to walk away with a greater understanding of the subject after having learned from his story.

What I really need is to know what would interest and hook a reader. So, that's why I'm posting here. I need unbiased and unfiltered thoughts. So, please answer the following questions:

1. Let's say you were to read an article in a magazine about a young boy struggling with ADHD, what would you like to read about? What questions would you immediately have about the subject?

2. Prior to reading the article, what would be your first impressions and thoughts about the topic?

3. If you struggle with ADHD, think back to your childhood (around ages 6-9), and think about what you would have wanted someone to tell other people who just didn't understand what you were going through. If you could convey one important message to an audience, what would it be?

Answering these questions would be insanely helpful to me. I thank everyone who replies in advance.

2. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

1. I'd like to read how he feels about it and how has ADHD affected his life.

2. I think ADHD is a serious problem for the person who has to struggle with it because it can affect his grades in high school and the boy may feel frustrated. Additionally, the boy could regret acting impulsively in some occasions.

3. I suffer from ADHD. I have a lot of difficulties to pay attention in class and when I'm studying. I sometimes make wrong decisions impulsively. I would like to be like anyone else, but I just can't. Please, don't think I'm a lazy person or I'm an irresponsible person. It's just a disorder and I didn't choose to have to struggle with it.