1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healthy thoughts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by arkangel, Sep 21, 2014.

1. arkangel

Ive been a bit curious as of late, and its not really an lgbt question, but more so just for anyone. Is it really healthy to be attracted to people you cant have? Allowing yourself to develop sexual and emotional attatchments to people you cant have, in my case, certain celebrities. What would be the best course of action for breaking feelings for someone that doesnt even know you? Looking for a little bit of help as I try and tell my heart no.

2. Yosia

Pretty much everyone i know has these feelings lol.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The intensity of those feelings is more important than their existence alone. To be moderately enamoured with and in awe of a celebrity is perfectly normal and healthy. To expect to be sexually/romantically involved with them, to stalk them, and, as sometimes happens subsequently in an obsession, to feel resent and anger at their lack of interest/total ignorance of your existence, is a big problem.

But it doesn't sound like that, so don't worry.

4. Blossom85

I have lots of crushes on a lot of celebs, but I guess what you need to do is just be happy with the crush as it is and know it is only ever something in your fantasizes or dreams.. I know someone who loved a celeb that much that she began to hate his wife and couldn't stand her even though she is a lovely woman and a celeb in her own right.. I think when you have those kinds of feelings and it comes off as being negative thoughts towards their other half, that is when you need to start reining it in and think that person is married or with someone else, or for other reasons is out of reach and can only be something you could ever be with in your own mind. You also don't know who that person really is, you see their public persona and for some people.. That is realistic, like Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins.. I think they are all their true selves whilst in public, but others might not, so you are possibly only falling for their public persona, not whom they really are.. So that is something else to think of as well if you wish to break free of a celeb crush.

5. arkangel

Well. Hopes and fantasies of romantic involvement, but nothing like stalking or anger

6. Blossom85

I think as long as you don't only live within your hop and your fantasizes and you realize that it's a crush and not to I guess compare a potential partner to the celeb you are crushing on, then I don't see it as being an issue.. I often have different fantasizes of romance etc involved with Celebs, but it is a place for me to visit occasionally, not live there in that fantasy world the whole time.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just make sure you don't waste months or even years longing after people you might never meet. It could take away your interest in actual potential partners if you spend too long and take too seriously fantasising.

8. arkangel

Wellllll... I am majoring in college to become a film director so its not TOTALLY out of my realm of possinilities... But its still a longshot lol. Thanks for the replies though.

9. Michael84

Michael84 Guest

The whole concept or idea that you can 'have' someone is totally preposterous. Take it from someone who has been in love many times.

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I have tons of crushes on fictional characters. The only real actor crush I have is Nathan Fillion, probably because he's been wonderful in every role I've seen him in.

11. arkangel

Not to divulge all my crushes, but the one that led me to ask this question was definitely Thomas Sangster. I gotta see maze runner again because i was drooling over him half the time... Jesus are all british boys cute what the hell...

12. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's normal! Everyone does it but you have to keep your feet on the ground. There are people who are only good to look at and fantasize about but there are also those who are worth your time and your love like people who are actually around. People who know you exist. They could be around but you don't notice them because you're too preoccupied with your fantasizing.

Sometimes, you don't need to look too far. And sometimes, it's better not to look for it at all. It'll come.

13. arkangel

Yeah well, i will have to stick with fantasy for now since i dont have many friends, let alone guy friends. And at that, im still closeted so... Yeah...