1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If your a black woman that dates outside your race , your a traitor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Sep 21, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I was at work and there are like , 4 black guys that I work with and as you may or may not know I'm black myself . One of them came up to me ,and asked if I'm fine dating people the same race as me and I said yes . He then said
    " stay in your color "
    " If any white man ask you out refuse them "
    " It's a betrayal to date outside of your race ,and you are betraying us if you do so "
    So I pretended to agree and left it at that .

Then a few days later I met another guy on a train ,who was also black and told me that something very similar he said that now days black women are starting to date outside of their race ,and ignoring black guys then he told me whatever you do as a black woman ,you should not date outside of your race and if you do that means you can't accept yourself as black person ,and your not being a black person and you are betraying your race .

Now the funny thing is when I saw the first guy again, he was talking about dating a white and Spanish girl , which made me wonder why am I seen as a traitor if I date outside my race as a black female but it's fine for him, a black man because he's male . And what is it that black men feel that they hate black women dating outside of their race . I mean I've seen women get shunned ,by their own family or their family look at them with hatred .
    Even my mom doesn't want me to date outside of my, race and neither does my step dad . My dad said he thinks interracial dating for Lesbians is fine so I guess he will not be mad .

2. Ryujin

I'm confused. Those people. They seem like...... Idiots...
    Congratulations idiots, you are now promoting race barriers you fucking geniuses.

Seriously though, ignore the crap out of them, what they're saying is quite racist and plain stupid.

3. Hexagon

The fuck?

4. AsheTheHuman

. It's almost like a high school rivalry. It's pointless, silly, and only exists because people want it to. All the people at my (Christian!) high school are totally fine with it though. I just found out the other day that a black girl has a crush on me, actually. It's one of those ways of thinking that I think will naturally disappear as younger generations become older and we start focusing on actual problems.

5. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In some situations, people and their logic are something I don't want to waste my time on.

6. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a white woman, but I am totally aware that this double standard exists. I was shocked as a teen when two of my friends, black, had a conversation on the matter. The girl was dating a white guy, and the guy expressed opposition. He said she should be dating black men. The girl said, "well you only date white women" and he replied "that's different. Black women need to date black men." And how are these black men expecting black women to date black men when they don't want to date them, but wanna date white women? That's what I see at least. It's fucked up. People should be able to date whomever they want and not get heat for it.

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with bicomplicated. There's nothing wrong with dating someone "outside your race". You should be able to date anyone you want to date.

8. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, what a bunch of crap. It's not about "betraying your race", it's about them seeing black women with white guys and getting jealous that they're not getting any.

Now, if someone doesn't want to date outside their race, fair enough, but talk of "betrayal" is just ridiculous.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's what upsets me I'm not heterosexual ,but I have heard some black men a lot in fact say disgusting things about black women . I heard a group of black men once saying I wouldn't date black women they are the bottom of the list and then they would turn around and tell black women who they can and can't date .

I wish they would just leave it up to the woman .

---------- Post added 21st Sep 2014 at 12:05 PM ----------

I think it's that MintberryCrunch .

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That is the most bullshit thing I ever heard...

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard white, Asian, and Hispanic men say the same thing, regarding "their women". The funny thing is, they're "allowed" to date outside their own race.

12. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all (*hug*)

I'm sorry you've had to endure that kind of crap! :icon_sad: (*hug*)
    I don't really have words of wisdom to offer though.. just hugs. (*hug*)

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That hypocritical mindset reeks of those men treating black women as property to do as they're told.

Sleep with, kiss, love, and marry whomever you wish. Your race is not a limit, and if people don't want you to date outside of your race, then don't listen to them.

I'd say it's more of a betrayal to try to limit a black woman's right to chose what she wants.

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd done the same, no use in talking to them...
    Funny thing is that you'd get called a racist right away if you say same things when being (born) white. It pisses me off that a black man is more free to call a white man a racist, and not the other way around. Being racist is independent of your skin color, and those words were racist words, period.

15. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met this guy in college who said that he'd never date a girl outside of his race and he felt that black women should only date within their race. I'm not sure why though...

I wasn't surprised because he wasn't accepting of his female cousin who was gay. And when I asked him to introduce me to her, he basically told me no, and that I'd have to approach her myself. I mean, he was such a cool guy, but I didn't like him very much after getting to know the real him.

Also, to say that black women are at the bottom of the dating list is horrible! I mean, everyone has the right to date whoever they want. I'm black and I'm all for interracial relationships.

I'm so glad that I've never had to deal with black men with that type of mind set :confused:

#15 pinklov3ly, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The guy I'm was talking to is also homophobic they don't know I'm lesbian ,but I never saw such ignorance . Personally I don't care if a black man dates non black women but this was such ignorance .

---------- Post added 21st Sep 2014 at 02:47 PM ----------

I hate this the most it's not right .:dry:

17. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

I'm guessing old tradition, and being closed minded has something to do with their thinking.

I've had older people say to me it's best to be with a chinese girl.. I asked why, and they said something like its best to be with you're own people and other races aren't reliable. Of course I disagreed.

18. WallWeed

What utter bullvomit! Knowing that people with those mindsets even exist makes my blood boil.

Of all the evil filth that has infiltrated this earth, race prejudiced mentalities are among the most absurd. I'll never understand it.

19. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:

This is a joke right?

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation: