1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other tea lovers out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wuggums47, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Hello, my name is Wuggums and I'm a tea addict.

My favorite tea will always be Gyokurō, but I love any Japanese green. For black teas I'm a big fan of the Makaibari estate darjeelings. I think the greatest thing about tea is that other than aged pu erh teas, almost anything will be cheaper than a soda per cup, but will taste so much better and be so much healthier. It's pretty much the only thing I could afford to be a connoisseur of. I always take my tea with no sugar or milk, not sure why but it's always tasted better to me that way. What kind of teas do you all like? How do you like to prepare it?

2. Blossom85

My grandmother got me addicted to tea at a very young age.. I don't like lots of different ones, just the Lipton ones, but i like mine quite strong. I usually have two sugars and a little bit of milk, but not much cause I don't like it weak and milky tasting.

3. CornerSign

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I'm more of a coffee man myself. But my mother is british, so I kinda grew up on tea. I love pg tips black tea, mint teas, and rose teas. I take coffee black as night but I always heap sugar/honey and milk in my tea, which is strange.

4. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I make up iced tea(with a combination of black and green tea bags, whatever brand's on sale) and keep it in my fridge. I like it dead plain-no sugar, no lemon. Go through about a quart a day. I keep some Twinings Irish Breakfast in an airtight jar, for the rare occasion I crave hot tea. I usually prefer coffee and drink it a lot.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more of a coffee person, but I have come to like Green Tea, which I brew with a bit of ginger, and then add just the smallest dab of honey, and I prefer to have this iced.

I also make some herbal teas: Last night, I made a tea with ginseng roots, while licorice bark, jujube dated, and ginger...which I simmered at a low heat for about 6 hours, strained, chilled and am having over ice. A rather energizing yet calming tea.

Oddly, black teas make my tummy upset, not sure why, even just a little, and I'm close to losing my lunch!

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Wuggums and other tea-lovers,

my favourite tea is Chai; as well as the black tea leaves I add fresh ginger, cloves, and cardamon pods (to speed up the process I pound up the cloves and cardomon pods in my mortar and pestle, as well as the ginger of course). When brewed, just add honey and milk to taste. I find Chai to be both stimulating and mood-enhancing.

7. AlamoCity

I make iced tea for myself and my family (when we are too lazy to go buy it at a local BBQ shop).

I use Luzianne or Lipton tea bags and then add a good helping of sugar. I'm trying to be healthier, so now we use decaf tea and cut our simple syrup's sugar content in half.

Chill. Serve with a heapin' helping of ice. Squeeze a lemon wedge. Enjoy.

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like tea, and since my family is from India, we normally have "chaia", with milk, cardamom (note: it's best to remove the pod shells before grinding), and sugar. My dad's family lives in a hilly area near some tea estates. I think my grandfather used to work as a bookkeeper in one of them. We often get tea leaves from that area.

I also like green tea, white tea, and some herbal teas. Fennel seed tea is very nice. I got hooked on barley tea at a martial arts dojo, and that tastes great without any additives.

9. Sorceress of Az

I love buying tea from Teavana, and some times when I am not to lazy I make it.

But most of the time I use my tea bags, cause it's less of a mess.

I mostly buy a brand called Tazo.
    Chai's are some of my favorite teas.

I love Green Teas that have a very bold green taste with almost no floral taste.

And Earl Grey is almost amazing.

10. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Pass the tea please!

11. Kat 5

TEA ROCKS. But only with a metric ass-ton of sugar.

12. Ryujin

I like PG tips...

This is probably for more complex conversation thans such that I would understand

13. White Knight

I love tea as well.

I like earl grey black, several types of green (with rose petals, yasmine flowers, mint or lemon) and raiboss/vanilla. I am not very fond of fruit teas but have them from time to time. Apple/cinnamon one is good for your digestive system you know.

Other than me, in general Turkish people use linden (I think some europeans call it lime also) tea, salvia tea or my mom's favorite lemon/mint tea on winter days, especially if one has flu or catch a cold. Lemon/mint is my mom's sick stomach tea. As I forced to drink it many times, its taste brings back bad memories.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Nice to see love for the Tea Party.

Sorry, I saw an opening that screamed, "Joke!".

I keep it simple. I like basic tea. Never really prepared anything exotic or fancy, when it comes to tea.

15. Hexagon

I love green tea, which I usually take with mango, but sometimes alone, and fruit infusions. I hate normal tea though.

16. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately I am not a tea lover.. :\ I happen to dislike all tea including iced tea. Don't like the 'typical' tea flavour.

17. Hexagon

Have you tried green?

18. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I did, I didn't like it either.. :\ It's better then grey tea though, but still not something I'd drink.

19. Hexagon

I used to hate it too. It grows on you.

20. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooh I love tea! I love Earl Grey, breakfast tea, green tea, Chinese tea (Jasmine, Oolong, Pu-Er), Chai tea, teh tarik, and well just about anything (except fruit teas, I'm not a huge fan of those).