My dad and girls...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NintendoEmoLover, May 1, 2007.

1. NintendoEmoLover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dad keeps on saying 'have you got a girlfriend' (every week) because he doesnt know im gay, and i stand there face like a strawberry and say 'Nope!' and run upstairs...

And he comes up everyyyytime, and says 'once you get one, keep her' and winks! i'm like whoa! in my head and he goes down those stairs!..

Once i heard him speaking to my mum from upstairs 'When do you think hes gunna get a girlfriend' and my mum says 'when hes out and about' i was thinking does she know i'm gay! and they was speaking again (well dad) and he said 'do they teach sex in school because if they don't i will' mum went 'Proable' and sighs... I'm like i'm not having dad teaching me about oppsite sex! I don't even like it!!

Please help x x

2. Jim1454

Hey there. Can I put a different spin on this for you? Its great that your parents are interested and concerned about you, and willing to have that discussion - cuz believe me - they don't want to have it any more than you do!

At the same time, if you're not ready to 'come out' to them, then you may have to go along with it. I'm a little surprised that at 13 your dad would be concerned about whether or not you've had sex education - in an almost encouraging way... I would think that most parents would be fine with their 13 yo son not having a girl friend yet, and certainly not having sex yet. You could just suggest that you're probably too young, and not looking to have a girlfriend yet...

Do you think that you dad might have his suspicions as well as you mom?

Again - it's your decision as to when you come out - so don't let anyone rush you into that.

3. dhutchid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel your pain! My Dad does exactly the same thing every time he is on the phone. I threaten to hang up every time he does this. On some levels i think he realises i'm gay and has the stupid belieif that nagging will help hetroalise me . Or he believes i'm lonely and sad - so a mixture of the three then ::icon_sad: .

I know my parents married late and that they were probs each others near if not first real relationship and proabably want me to be more adventurous than they were in their youth.

I'm sure its because they care - its me being gay that creates the problem.

4. Kimi

That's exactly what I thought. My parents ever interested or concerned about it.

I think you can just say you are not interested. Or you could tell you are too busy with school(and sports club if you are in).
    And you know what? Even you are not interested in straight sex, I'm sure it's gonna expand your knowledge and that's a good thing.

Maybe you can ask about gay sex when he teaches. It might give you some idea of what he thinks about gay. If it seems he is cool with it then it's gonna make you much easier to come out to him(Even if you do not want to come out to him...maybe in the future). Though this is very up to you whether you gonna ask or not.