1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thought of dating a guy makes me anxious/uneasy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emmanuella, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Emmanuella

As it says on the left, I'm a bi-woman...though my preference leans toward women more than men. I recently started talking to a guy online. He seems great...almost ideal in many ways. But the thought if meeting/eventually becoming serious with a guy makes me mildly anxious/nervous. Part of me just wants to ignore/avoid his messages. (Of course, I won't be that thoughtless). This guy is open minded and family oriented and easy to talk to. We share similar values...

I don't know why that is. I never feel this way when dating women?!

Could it be related to the fact that I'm still in the process of coming out and don't want to hinder that?

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it the first time? If so, I can imagine you are nervous, as you are "out of the comfort zone", so to say. You dated women before and you never felt this way. The whole situation is new and could cause some anxiety.

3. Emmanuella

It is....so I guess that makes sense....

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does sound pretty familiar as it's the other way round for me. :lol: I only dated girls in the past. What I feel is also new, excitement yet also some anxiety like you described. I think it's because the situation is new.

Anyway, I wish you good luck! :icon_bigg

5. Blossom85

I have felt the same when speaking to guys on online dating sites.. It just doesn't feel natural to me like it does for a girl.. There has only been a few occasions when I have felt a natural development of friendship between myself and a guy and I think that is cause he is gay and I don't feel I need to impress him as he is not into girls, so I can be myself and not have to worry.. I do get a bit anxious as well, I think if you have common interests, just keep going and see where it goes.. You might find yourself becoming more comfortable as time goes on.