1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite & Least Favorite Month & Why

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Incognito10, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Incognito10

Mine is September because it's a combination of my two favorite seasons, summer and fall. The summer foliage is present, with a hint of the transition to fall colors. Also, it has a less rushed feeling and I feel I can relax.

Least favorite is probably February because at that point, I am usually ready for the winter to be over and look forward to warmer temps and color.

2. Ryujin

I love November because the weather is perfect for me and my birthday is in November.

My least favourite is July because it's so hot

#2 Ryujin, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Favorite: May or June, because It's the start of warm weather (without being blazing July hot) where I live and I absolutely adore the weather in this month and going outside all the time!

Least favorite: September or January; Couldn't decide. Hate September because It's the start of allergy season for me (Generally I'm very cranky and depressed during this time) and autumn months are also the start of school and depressing memories from my past for me and my family.
    And I just hate January because I hate winter and the cold, and it drags on a lot. February is short so I try to tolerate it, and December has Christmas, so It's something to look forward to. But January can die in a fire.

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no least favourite month, nor do I have a favourite month. Every month has its pros and cons.

Personally, I really like December, but it's winter then and I really dislike winter (because it's so cold here). I also like the summer months.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

December is my favorite month. I like cold weather, the Christmas season, and all the decorative pieces and lights. It's close to the end of the year, and I am usually at my most reflective. Bonus points if it snows, and I can hear the sound of it crunching, underneath me, as I walk and think.

February is [probably] my least favorite month. Just the attitudes of people in relationships around that time, because it is near Valentine's Day, is ridiculous. The weather is only semi-cold, nothing spectacular tends to happen, and really, you're just waiting for winter to either get colder, or for spring to begin.

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Favorite might be December because I love the Christmas season so much, but I also really like June because it's summer and warm but not as hot as July and August and it also means the end of school :grin:

Least favorite, not so sure. Maybe January because it tends to be the coldest, it means Christmas is over, and we don't get many days off in it...

7. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Usually the spring months...err probably the late spring month, is it May? Not too hot or too cold, just right. As for least, the dreadful winter months. I despise the cold. The cold bothers me in every way.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    December is my least favorite. It's generally not really cold here yet, just grey, dreary, with bone-chilling rain. And then there's Christmas, which always makes me get really, really depressed, because I have not had any $ to either give or get presents in about 5 years, and even if it's materialistic, I miss it, and get sad when I hear about how others are able to celebrate with gifts, food and a sense of abundance. Plus, all my friends generally leave town, and I feel very much alone. When I watch The Grinch, I always think is as such a sad ending, because the dumb 'ol holiday comes after all. That, and I've not seen my family in 4 years, also because I can never afford to visit, and they don't seem inclined to.

Favorite month(s): April. I love to see things unfold. There are so many trees that flower, compared to Michigan, that it feels a bit surreal, all the colors and scents. I have no real allergies, so bring on the pollen! Plus, baseball season starts, and it's not too hot, though perfect weather for enjoying white wine. Because it doesn't snow much here, but just turns grey and ugly, I've adopted this as my favorite month; in Michigan, it used to be January, because I loved the snow and cold.

9. lukeluvznicki13

December is my favourite - Christmas.

August is my least favourite - project month.

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This varies dependent upon region for me.

To use the two I'm in most:

Seattle area: Favorite is the dead of Winter - December or January. Perfect weather for me - dark and rainy constantly! Least favorite is most definitely August - which is everyone else's favorite in Seattle :lol:. It's always 80 (26.5C) degrees and sunny in that month.

Western Montana (specifically Bozeman, usually): My favorite is usually May. It's generally dark and dreary at that point - much like Seattle's December or January. Also the (usual) abundance of rain makes everything bloom, which makes for absolutely beautiful hikes. Least favorite would again be August, carrying in to the first half of September. Typically 85 (29.5C) and sunny every day, ugh. I hope this week is our last run of it.

#10 Browncoat, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Favorite: October - foliage (northern hemisphere), comfortable
    Least Favorite: February - too far into winter and full-fledged spring is still a ways off

12. Yosia

Favorite: November
    Least favorite(S): May, June, July, August (except for my birthday)

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Favorite: September. Football season begins, baseball is heating up, weather is cooling down(lots of nights with windows open), weekends get a little slower as people adjust to getting their kiddies to school(more free time), bisexual day(which is today!),and employers look for people more often as kids go back to school. Only downside is the allergies.

Honorable mention: October: Baseball playoffs, college football conference games are in full swing, cider, and pumpkin pie.

Least favorite: February. I hate snow(driving in it) and Valentine's day as I am almost always alone. I have seasonal affective disorder, and the dark long days usually catch up to me by then.

Dishonorable mention: January. Your nuts freeze after 30 seconds. You end up gaining weight from the holidays. Resolutions broken in 1-2 weeks. Inventory time if working retail. Broke after paying credit card bills from December. Little money available if not paid for holidays. Hmm...let's call this a tie between January and February.

14. ChameleonSoul

Favorite Month: January
    I've always been a fan of cold weather and snow. Not to mention that where I live, there's lots of things to do at higher elevations, so that's always a good thing.

Least Favorite Month: April
    I've never really liked April, it's constantly damp, my allergies act up, and frankly that's when my depression is at its worst.

15. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love: December
    Because it is winter, snow, cold, tea, etc.. Christmas, New Year. I was born in December.

Hate: Uhhmm. August.
    In where I live, wasps are the most active in August. And all bugs crawling around... anyway, I don't like hot weather.

16. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Favorite is October because Halloween. But some years it is too hot, then my favourite changes to December (cold weather + people buy things for me)

Least favourite is August, or basically any summer month.

17. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Favorite is either November or December. I love autumn/winter.

Least favorite is July/August. The first is hot as fuck and the latter is when school starts. It's also hot as fuck. Plus, flies.

18. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Favorite: January. Middle of winter, hockey's in full swing, a fresh start with the new year. My birthday:grin:
    Least favorite: July-August. Humid as anything here in Minnesota. This time of year, you should just sit around in front of a fan and tan

19. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Favorite month is January, because that seems to be the only time that it actually gets cold in Florida.

Least favorite is August, it's too hot to do anything.

20. PICollins91

Favorite: October - Halloween is my favorite Holiday, the weather is usually fair here in Florida, have an annual book sale, cheap horror DVDs at Walmart.

Least Favorite: February - This has been the coldest month for the past couple years where I am at in Florida, my sinuses are at their worst this month, hardly any good DVD/Blu-ray releases.