1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing a little confidence..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by piratealisonnn, Sep 24, 2014.

1. piratealisonnn

Soo, I need just a little boost in confidence I guess. I've just started college again this year (after being away for about 4 years). It's tough. And I work full time. I've decided on a bio major and then becoming a HS bio teacher.

Anyone have experience with this route? Advice?

2. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No experience with HS teaching - but I did major in biology for a year and it was wonderful! (You're probably glancing at my age - I graduated early) I also work - school is expensive, but I think it's important to manage your time. Do your homework the day you get it if you can, so that way it doesn't pile on. But also have fun. It will be hell if you don't make the most of it.

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i am working and a student this semester and i managed it okay last semester but this one is killing me, i feel like im ruining my life and my sanity and my life is flying by and it scares me

..... sorry haha, i wi be lurking this topic for advice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

mine, which you have prob already done, is talk to your advisor about any clear "get me teaching in a high school!" routes they may have, def do student teaching when possible. otherwise..... idk. if any classes are REALLY hard, kicking your ass, but are just a mandatory credit you need that you wont use, get it out of the way at community college and make sure it can transfer to your program.

um im stupid dont listen to me...... good luck though!!