1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some childhood misconceptions you had about the world?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MintberryCrunch, Sep 24, 2014.

1. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For example:

I used to think eating a black watermelon seed would cause a watermelon plant to grow inside me -_-

I used to think England was a magical fantasy kingdom with dragons and castles and princesses :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I used to think the world really was black and white in the early 20th century :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

it may take a lot of digging to get to regular thinking but i remember

. thinking people were good at and enjoyed their jobs (like a cashier was happy and very trustable, about cashier things, and knew everything about cashiering and understood it all and never flustered and enjoyed it a lot and knew what they were doing all the time)

. okra was called oprah

uh i will come back with more

3. AsheTheHuman

Remember Rugrats? That was basically my source of education as a kid. Dog food turns you into dogs? A watermelon will grow in your stomachs if you eat the seed? SEEMS LEGIT.

4. Tokumei

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to think that I could create some weird "potion" to be able to transform into an animal. I was really serious about that. I wanted to study science with one friend to learn how to create that "potion" lol

5. Ticklish Fish

dogs are male cats are female

6. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thought that if you got Dorothy's red shoes for The Wizard of Oz then you could go how with just three clicks.

If you ate a strawberry without peeling it the seeds would grow in your lungs.

That everyone was shipped of to a cubical as as in as you turned 18.

I was a strange kid.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i knew you couldnt go down a drain but my god i was pretty scared of them for a long while

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

you could be anything u wanted to be

8. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Oh em gee I had the SAME ONE AND COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT UNTIL YOU SAID IT :eek::eek::eek:

You know what? I blame Homeward Bound

#8 Miles16, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  9. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I seemed to think cats were female and teddy bears were male. All my stuffed cats were female and the stuffed bears were male :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Yes.

[youtube]8i0_y9W1bwk[/youtube]

I remember. ._.

The one where cynthia goes down the drain? That episode always freaked me out. I still kind of hate toilets and the thought of septics and sewers and shit

11. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought that all the teachers lived at school.
    Before I went into first grade, I didn't thing you were allowed weekends and summers.
    I also thought babies were pooped out (because how on Earth would they be able to come out the other way?)

I nicknamed some of the songs my mom had sang me to bed when I was little. Amazing Grace was the Thunder Song, Silent Night was the Pickle Song, and What a Wonderful World was the Whale Song.

Little kind minds are weird

12. Xochipilli

I thought the car knew what direction we were going and didn't realize it was my parents switching the turn signal on.

Also believed that haircuts could result in longer hair.

And I was convinced that simply warming a regular egg in my hands would get it to hatch.
    :lol:

13. Friendly Lion

I thought that all the hills in the world had been created by a giant eyeball that had rolled over the globe (in all fairness though, my older brother said so as a mean joke). Also that you typed a location into your car and it drove itself there and that you got pregnant by kissing. I was freaking out the first time a boy kissed me without protection XD

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was really little, I thought girls had penises.

When I played outside with my friend in his corn field near this lake, I thought aliens were watching us because there were these devices that stuck out in the middle of the lake. We ran to escape them, convinced they would surround us.

You could dig your way to China, but you had to get through hell first.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought everyone in Russia queued to get a loaf if bread because they were so poor. I thought New York was a frigid arctic city with snow all the time.

16. Perseus

I used to think that babies were made by kissing...
    Later on, I thought babies were made by (how gay men would normally have sex...)

I thought all dogs were male and all cats were female.

17. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I used to think magic was real, and that one day I would get to go to some magic school.

I thought that if I dug deep enough, that I could dig my way to hell. Lol, I actually got a group of friends together for that one, and we all started ruining the daycare's ground.

I was very gullible as a kid so pretty much I believed anything anyone told me. This kid once told me that the devil was coming to get me and I actually believed him and started crying, lol.

18. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

That my grandparents would always be here .
    Also, the black and white thing for me too regrading the early 20th c.

---------- Post added 25th Sep 2014 at 01:21 AM ----------

Oh ye true . I was defo gullible . Kids would always tell me to do stuff and sure enough I'd do it or repeat it as the truth .
    In preK or kinder we had to all go to the bathroom at the same time like a class or whatever and this kid told me that I should take all my clothes off for wtf knows what. So , I did , and we all marched back into the line thing . Ye, that didn't go so well.....

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've got some weird and funny ones.

1. That boys and girls had different plumbing but the way they mentally processed things were pretty much the same. Did that belief ever change.
    2. That boys and girls liked sex equally and for the same reasons and motivations. Did that belief ever change.
    3. That sperm, always shown in books as if through a microscope, was emitted from the penis in the air. That meant that sperm was released simply by putting a penis in a "certain place" and it just flew around and did its thing. No bodily fluids were involved. And no one told me one way or the other. That's something I sort of thought through. Did that belief ever change.
    4. That people who went to church regularly, appeared to be pious, and said their prayers were better people than those who didn't. Did that belief ever change.
    5. That there were way more altruistic and kind people in the world than not. Did that belief ever change.

And that's just the beginning, but that's fine for now.

20. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I thought the tongue map was real (like sweetness here, bitterness here). It's not real at all! :lol:

2. I thought that the "Ostrich Hand in Sand" was real too, but once again it's not.

3. I honestly believed that you had no internal organs, just emptiness. :lol: (Yeah I was very little here haha)

4. I thought that looking cross-eyed at 24:00 would make you cross-eyed forever.

5. I thought that people who were "less smart" were just not trying hard enough (I was 6 I think). Boy I was so wrong!!