1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WW3 is not inevitable: what we can do to prevent it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Damien, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone,

there are plenty of sensationalist and silly videos around this topic, but this one just gives a simple and verifiable explanation as to why we are headed for a large scale global conflict, but most importantly, ALSO tells us what we can do to prevent it from happening.

https://archive.org/details/WorldWarIiiIsComingSoonHeresWhy-TheRealStoryBehindTheWorlds

Curious to hear of what others think of this. I'm very impressed by this guy, I think he's right on the money - if you'll pardon the pun.

2. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

me: eh naw its fine heh

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2014 at 08:56 PM ----------

me: we can all, eh heh..... eh i dunno chill haha? yea chill haha it will be fine

3. SomeLeviathan

interesting to see conspiracy mongers go the otherway than on a collision course for mass desturction.

this is just one of the more egrigous gish gallops I've seen.

Read Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations or some Marx, it isn't Gold that generates wealth, it's division of labor.

like the people who make these videos who think they've stumbled upon something interesting because of cursory readings of history don't really have experience with the basis of econ, specifically philosophically.

stuff about Iraq being motivated by Oil interest is more or less accurate but not nuanced enough.

aaaaand it went back to tin hattery: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve#What.27s_wrong_with_the_anti-Fed_crankery.3F

christ if you're going to be a Marxist, be a Marxist, don't half ass it with "civil disobiedence".

also lol so hard at the Godwin at the end.

#3 SomeLeviathan, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a clue; rich people want to start wars to promote some business interest they have elsewhere in the world, and use poor people to fight for them. Tax away their money and spread it around, and they won't be so cocky, or able to buy politicians to start the war for them.

5. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fundamental problem with this conspiracy is that the us dollar is not under threat. Many countries have debts in US dollars hence they need us dollars to pay them off. These debts will take decades to pay off. Also commodities don't control currencies that strongly and a bigger factory is monetary decisions especially by the IMF.

He pulled a few things out of his ass. The dollar won't collapse even if it loses it's place as the world reserve. If the US invades Syria the Russians and Chinese won't start a world war. Now with IS I don't think they would care.

I'm afraid that the world is just complex. There are no world wide conspiracies. It's just stuff happening. And increasing the stuff that is happening is good.

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My theory is that there will be no WWIII, but the arrival of the martians will cause intergalactic war 1. It might sound crazy now, but if I make a video on the internet people will believe it.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

You left out the part where the Syndicated League of Lizard People comes out and reveals the extent of their control over the world's people, only to demand sacrifice in the form of the morbidly obese, before tag teaming with the Martians against the Krull.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, yet another kooky conspiracy theory. This sounds crazy enough to have come from Glenn Beck.

9. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    World War *3*?? Aren't we on at least 4 by now?

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh. I don't even believe WWIII is imminent. It's just a lot of smaller conflicts that will continue to kill people in a steady stream.