1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woop angst time

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gregarity, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Gregarity

I'm so done with the US.

I really want to do something that would actually help the numerous minorities that are regularly abused and dehumanized and killed but there isn't.

Is it bad that l've come to terms with my uselessness? That rather than having the drive to pull a miracle from nowhere and actually be helpful it's easier and more emotionally constructive for me to just shut off my feelings towards these issues? After all, why stress over why you can't control?

Nothing seems to be changing fast enough to keep innocent people from dying.

I just want it to stop

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have a kind heart. Don't shut off your feelings, and I'm happy to see somebody who sees the struggle for equality as beyond just GLBT rights, but something more. Rock on, and Go!

One group I joined, and support has a funny name, but they support rights, gay, black, whoever...but look up the SPLC. Nice folks, there, and, they get stuff done. Down there in Alabama. I love their Hate-watch and also, shutting down US hate groups, like KKK chapters.

No. I don't work for 'em, but do not give up.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of us needs to get rich enough to buy a majority of our own politicians, like the Koch brothers buy theirs. That's how it is done here, like it or not.