1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skwidge, Sep 20, 2008.

1. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always wanted to be a train driver :icon_bigg I just loved Thomas the Tank Engine, and also Bananas in Pyjamas. But I couldn't grow up to be a banana... so a train driver was the next best thing :lol: I used to get all excited when we were driving alongside a train, and he tooted, highlight of my life!

Then, when I started school I really liked maths (crazy I know lol) and I decided that I would be a checkout guy, cos you get to add things up all day! AND you get to swipe things across the scanner and it beeps. Now THAT would be a cool job :rolleyes:

Later I wanted to be a cartoonist, cos then you get to draw cartoons all day! But then I thought that was a silly idea, and I could never draw well enough to make enough money... so I decided I would be a Rally Car Driver! Colin McCrae was my idol, and he had his own playstation game too lol so I could practice heaps, and then get my driver's licence asap. My fifteenth birthday fell on a long weekend, so I had to wait till tuesday to get it. shockhorror.

Then I wanted to be an architect, cos that's like being a cartoonist, but supposedly more respectable... but then I thought that drawing houses all day would drive me nuts. Houses are so 'square' compared to cartoons. (btw The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are amazing :icon_bigg)

I was thinking of just winning the lottery? That'd be a pretty sweet 'job' ae? Hahaha

I still don't know, and I'm nearing the end of my final year at school. But I'm kinda smart so I'm expected to go on to university :dry: So I'll probably be doing a degree in Civil & Environmental Engineering. And I'll see where that takes me!

And what about you? What do you want to be when you grow up?

2. EmperorNero

As a child, I wanted to be a knight, fighting dragons and rescuing beautiful girls. When that proved quite impossible, I thought of being a farmer. Nowadays I'm aiming at teaching music.

3. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's kinda the stage I'm at, except ever since I can remember I've wanted to do something under the environmental sciences umbrella, currently, it's just being one of those fire watch tower people who live at the watch tower on top of a mountain for months on end, I'd get to be all alone for months! I also love sailing so I'm thinking crew as a job as well... I do like music as well, but I can't play anyhting well enough to do anything like that professionally... I'll get my degree first, then figure out what I want to do with it.

4. When I grow up I wanna be famous I wanna be a star I wanna be in movies. Just kidding. I want to do something medical/sciency but I'm not too sure yet.

5. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow, everyone is musical or science-y so far... Cool

6. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahaha no no, anything is possible! But I don't want to be a farmer, my parents are dairy farmers! You have to get up too early in the cold and dark hahaha.

Yup! That's my thinking too lol. But I could never be alone for such long periods of time... and I get sea sick somthing chronic so that's out the window too :lol:

7. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the past, I wanted to be a lawyer, and then an engineer. Now I'm leaning towards being a math and/or science teacher.

8. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh yeah? I am also currently looking at studying engineering and law conjointly lol which combines your two past thoughts.

I would love to be a teacher, but when I look at how much crap some of my teachers get, I'd just get sick of it. But it would be great if you could earn that initial respect with the students, then being a teacher would be great :slight_smile:

9. EmperorNero

Yeah, that's kind of why I abandoned the whole idea xD

10. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to be Indiana Jones when I was younger (I suppose archaeologist is the closest thing to that) but since the end of high school I've wanted to be a teacher, and now that I'm almost grown up, I'm well on my way to becoming one

11. biisme

When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher. Then I wanted to be a lawyer. Then an architect.

I want to be a pastry chef. This is the only career out of all the ones that I've wanted that I'm actually willing to fight for.

12. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahaha, well teaching music is a much cleaner and warmer occupation ^^

Looking at some of the other posts... there are a few possible teachers and lawyers. It's kinda interesting how these are coming up more than anything else.

#12 skwidge, Sep 20, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  13. pwnorton

When people ask me what i want to be, i used to tell them that i want to be an insurance claim officer for statefarm.

but what i really REALLY want to be is a graphic designer for a large advertising firm, but eventually work my way toward freelance.

14. When other little boys wanted to be policemen or firefighters, I wanted to be a vampire. The moment I learned that you couldn't get a college degree in that because it wasn't an actual paid position, I was devastated.

Nowadays, I'm looking into being a physician or something along those lines.

15. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Woah, lol that was one that I forgot! Graphic designer was a more recent idea of mine too... As you can see I changed my mind a LOT :lol:

A professional vampire... now THAT would be a cool job! A physician, unlimited supply of blood eh? hehehe mwuhuhahahahahaha...

16. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm aiming for "alive" first, the details can come later.

When I was younger, I looked at all sorts of sports positions, but now I have zero interest in them. I have a passing interest in culinary, but I'm just not certain enough. Gaming and technology are two of my biggest passions, maybe something in that field. I would write if I felt comfortable letting other people read my work, and I would be a teacher if I didn't think I would snap and kill all the students within the first week.

17. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

Well, right now I'm a geographer. I would love to further myself in the Earth Sciences. Ultimately I would want to do something for the good of mankind. Am I thinking too big? Oh well, that's my ultimate achievement.

18. Emile

Emile Guest

When I grow up, I want to be happy. That's all I want, really.

If I'm happy, that means I have a great job, a nice home, and, I hope, an amazing boyfriend. And also, I want to be in good health.
    :slight_smile:

19. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was little I wanted to be a doctor, but I'm not really good enough at science. Realistically, I'm probably going to be a primary school teacher, and someday I'd love to be a children's author.

20. lap531

ok so when i was younger i wanted to be a scientist then in middle school i wanted to be a car mechanic. Starting freshman year of high school i wanted to be a graphic designer/video game designer and now i want to do something with network security or like something with computers.