1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legit dating advice: Mark Manson

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by swimgood, Sep 26, 2014.

1. swimgood

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you guys heard of Mark Manson?

DISCLAIMER: I took this summary off reddit but i wanted to share it here:
    • The world is what it is, it’s our job to simply present ourselves as boldly and clearly to it as possible, accept the reactions and move on the opportunities. Anything else is a fool’s errand.
    • Make yourself vulnerable! It shows strength.
    • Being vulnerable forces you to accept and prioritize your own perception over those of others.
    • A man who does not act on his sexual urges is a man who is needy and therefore unattractive.
    • You have to either make the decision to accept being controversial and confrontational or you need to accept that you will go through life with everyone being Neutral towards you.
    • There are never wrong moves, assuming that they are HONEST expressions of yourself and you are showing your vulnerability.
    • Whether we get any specific woman or not depends on our level of neediness relative to hers. We kill our own neediness by showing our vulnerability freely. We express our vulnerability by sharing our truth.
    • These anxieties (AA and others) are manifestations of an unwillingness to be vulnerable. Anxiety, almost by its very definition, represents a high-level of investment of your identity in the opinion of others.
    • The more bold the action, the more vulnerability you show, and the more you polarize responses.
    • Whenever you’re in doubt of what you should do, err on the side of aggression. Choose the more bold action.
    • What is your intention? Are you trying to impress her (needy) and therefore bragging? Or are you sharing yourself (vulnerability) and therefore attracting her?
    • “give yourself permission to be creepy.” There’s no other way.
    • When a man shows he’s willing to break rapport with a girl, he’s demonstrating vulnerability, and therefore a lack of neediness and investment.
    • As always, a lack of fear and attractive social behaviors are rooted in a comfort with making yourself vulnerable, an honest expression of your desires, and ultimately, comes from a non-needy identity that is not invested in what others think.
    • When in doubt on how to approach a woman, simply walk up and introduce yourself and explain to her that you wanted to meet her. I know this sounds drab and boring. But remember, it’s not about entertaining her, it’s about exuding non-neediness and genuine interest in her.
    • Questioning should be limited to a minimum. Use Statements cold-reading is just a way of creating interesting statements rather than asking questions for information
    • If you think you can kiss her, you probably could have ten minutes ago.
    • The first few times you kiss a girl, try to always be the first one to pull away.
    • No one is going to live my life for me, and every second I spend sitting around feeling distant from my true desires, avoiding the world and being afraid to engage it, is a second that I’m forfeiting the biggest gift of all: my time here in this life.

Has anyone tried putting this in action?

This is written for men's dating but I felt it quite relevant to lesbians also :slight_smile:

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

"A man who does not act on his sexual urges is a man who is needy and therefore unattractive.:

.................WTF?

Other than that one...yeah, some of them I guess could work.

3. swimgood

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    haha this is a summary so some of it doesn't make too much sense but I think theres a point behind this seemingly absurd statement

I think the dating scene is quite interesting but intimidating... the advice he gives in his presentation and books is quite an interesting way of approaching the dating scene :slight_smile:

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I dunno, this list is setting my Bullshit Detector to RED ALERT. Dude selling something?

If it works for you, or inspires you, then that's great. :slight_smile: But it makes *my* skin crawl.

5. swimgood

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No fair enough, it seems quite technical and assumes a lot of stereotypes.

I'm still checking it out - watching his presentations on youtube. He has some good tips on general social interaction not just dating advice :slight_smile: