1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election 2014 thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Sep 27, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The election is in 37 days and I am more than excited than anything because of my love for politics and my love elections. I know what exactly I am gonna be on election day voting and watching the polls till two in the morning most likely. So I intend to make this thread for discussions about candidates, polls, predictions and probably election day coverage if this thread shall last or I'll make another one.

Senate Predictions
    Alaska- Dem. Mark Begich vs. Rep. Dan Sullivan-Toss up
    I do think Dan Sullivan has the edge here as Mark Begich personally is a weak campaigner and Alaska is typically a republican state. Begich i think sadly just got lucky in 2008.

Colorado- Dem. Mark Udall vs. Rep. Cory Gardner- Toss up
    Colorado races always seem to be very close so it is pretty much a toss up to me.

Arkansas-Dem. Mark Pryor-Rep. Tom Cotton-Toss up
    Arkansas has been turning red for awhile and I think Mark Pryor even though he is more moderate is gonna lose his seat and it is very hard for me to see him winning.

Kentucky- Rep. Mitch Mcconnell vs. Dem. Alison Lundergan Grimes.-toss up
    Mitch Mcconnell has been leadinig in this state for weeks but I still consider this race competitve because Mitch is not very likable I think.

Georgia-Open Seat.-Toss up There have been predictions that this seat will remain republican but i think the voter registration movement down there will prove to be successful and Nunn has a chance of making the seat a democratic gain.

Michigan-Open Seat-Toss up- I think Peters has a strong lead in this state and he will be able to defeat Terri Lynn Land.

Kansas-Open Seat-Toss up-Pat Roberts ran a horrible campaign and now because of that and his residency issues I think he is in great danger more danger than Mitch Mcconnell. Kansas is angry at the establishment so I think them bringing the establishment and Palin to defend Roberts will blow up in their faces.

Iowa-Open Seat-Toss up- I think Bruce Braley has a change of defeating Joni Ernst but he is also a poor campaigner and has has a lot of problems with saying stupid stuff so that might hurt his chances for winning the race. Although it is still very tight in most polls.

New Hampshire- Toss up-Dem. Jeanne Shaheen vs. Rep. Scott Brown-toss ups This state has turn the tide so many times and the polls always should someone else leading so this state is hard to predict. It seems like it is going to be close.

North Carolina-Tossup- Dem. Kay Hagan vs. Rep. Thom Tills-I used to think Hagan was in serious danger but now I think she is the least vulnerable as she is leading in most polls nows and Tillis just seems personally unlikable and that may help Hagan. I predict that if she keeps leading she will probably win.

Oklahoma-Rep. Jim Inhofe vs. Dem. Matt Silverstein-Safe Rep
    Oklahama-Open Seat-Safe Rep
    Nebraska- Open Seat-Safe Rep
    Montana-Open Seat-Safe Rep
    Mississippi-Rep. Thad Cochran vs. Dem. Traves Childers-Safe Rep
    Alabama- Rep. Jeff Sessions is safe as his seat is not contested.
    Idaho- Rep. Jim Risch vs. Dem. Nels Mitchell-Safe Rep
    Maine- Rep. Susan Collins vs. Dem. Shenna Bellows- Safe Rep
    South Carolina- Rep. Lindsey Graham vs. Dem. Brad Hutto-Safe Rep
    South Carolina-Open Seat-Safe Rep
    South Dakota-Open Seat-Rep Gain
    Tennessee- Rep. Lamar Alexander Vs. Dem. Gordon Ball-Safe Rep
    Texas-Rep. john Cornyn vs. David Alameel
    West Virgina-Open Seat- Repubican Gain
    Wyoming- Rep. Mike Enzi vs. Rep. charlie Hardy

Massachusetts-Dem. Ed Markey vs. Rep. Brian Herr-Safe Dem
    Delaware- Dem. Chris Coons vs. Rep.Kevin Wade-Safe Dem
    Oregan- Dem. Jeff Merkley vs. Rep. Monica Weby- Safe Dem
    New Jersey- Dem. Cory Booker vs. Rep. Jeff Bell-Safe Dem
    New Mexico- Dem. Tom Udall vs. Rep. Allan Weh- Safe Dem
    Rhode Island- Dem. Jack Reed vs. Rep. Mark Zaccaria-Safe Dem
    Minnesota- Dem. Al Franken vs. Rep. Mike Mffadden- Safe Dem
    Illinios-Dem. Dick Durbin Vs. Rep. Jim Oberweis- Safe Dem
    Hawaii-Dem. Brian Schatz vs. Rep.Campbell Cavasso-Safe Dem

I think the Republicans will keep the house and the Senate is purely a tight contest. It could go either way. Along with governor races I still don't know what is gonna happen in most races. It is gonna be a interesting night but we will also see what the polls do in the last few weeks of the contests.

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 08:23 AM ----------

I forgot to mention Lousiana. Dem. Landrieu vs. Reps. Cassidy and Maness. I think this race is still a toss up but Cassidy has a edge in a deep red state and that Landrieu is in real danger. I could be wrong but it is gonna be a tight race I think.

2. Ryujin

I'm voting UKIP

Because a UKIP has to be made in every discussion of voting

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I apoliogize in advance for not describing this thread as United States Election Day 2014. I am sorry to anyone offended.

4. RAdam

Is Sarah Palin still in the picture? Best. Politician. Ever.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is in the picture support candidates and saying outrageous things which is every thing that comes out of her mouth. I don't want to turn this thread into a partisan debate but she was never a politician to begin with and if she tries to run for president she will be crushed. The republicans want to claim the democrats are radical but if the Republicans take the senate it will be one of the most partisan times in the history of America.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm voting straight-ticket Democratic (Mark Schauer for Governor, Gary Peters for Senate, and Democrats for State House and State Senate, city and county commissioners). I'm voting No on wolf hunting and No on allowing the DNR to decide what species can be hunted instead of the Legislature. I'm voting yes on making my city's mayor directly elected. Presently, the city councillor who wins the most votes at the election becomes the mayor, and whoever gets the second-most votes becomes the vice mayor. This proposition makes the mayor a separate, direct election.

7. SomeLeviathan

I'm voting against most of the incumbents federally, state/locally it is a bit different.

8. lukeluvznicki13

As a politician (but from another country) I do support the democrats rather than the republicans.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is also a huge libertarian/Independent movement going on with senate elections and all other elections. That will also possibly split up the vote and I support that kind of movement. I would support one if there was a option for senate or house on my ballot. People are frustrated with both parties and the gridlock so I think those kinds of candidates are attractive.