1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let Us Now Praise Effeminate Men

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, Sep 27, 2014.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. kem

kem

3. Candace

I like this :grin:. Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

4. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with the general point of the article but it was one of the most poorly written articles that I've read, it just jumped all over the place and went off on random tangents and just threw in a bunch or random viedos

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah thats not good writing. Also why just effeminate men? Personally I find more masculine gay guys more attractive

6. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    masculine guys are being praised everywhere long time ago for million years cant we have something for us we are always the looked down at just because we are unattractive for too many people also it talks about straight and gay men not only gay and not who is more attractive :dry:
    yeah its not perfect writing but good points that i liked about the article

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: everyone else can keep their boring traditional, masculine, burly, jockish, rugged, and "straight-acting" men. Give me all the twinks, "real life yaoi characters", cross dressers, femmes, and submissive bottoms. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

PS kem, that pic is totes hot.

8. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with praising effeminate gay guys and I'm glad someone's doing it. Masculine-looking guys are praised all the time. I even once heard my friend say to a gay guy "Thank God you're not one of those effeminate gay guys!" Let's face it, no one would ever say that about a masculine-looking gay guy. So it's kinda nice to hear something positive for once.

9. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ikr?
    at last someone has said it right :kiss:

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Okay, even if I'm not really into guys, I do get really sick and tired of fem-guy bashing. It's very hurtful and also very heteronormative; I think some of it comes from the fact that some gay men are sick of people saying gay men are girly so they want to act macho and look down on 'stereotypical' gay guys. It's wrong. There's nothing wrong with being a feminine guy.

11. Pluie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, some of Autostraddle's earlier stuff is like that (I know this because I read AS religiously). I'm quite scatterbrained myself so I don't notice it as much, but I guess it is not-so-good-writing. Also, the article is from before Kurt and Blaine was a thing omg I forget sometimes that that time existed. Chris Colfer makes up 25% of the list of men I'd go straight for.

Anyway, on the actual topic, I don't know if this is really my place to speak but I agree with Fallingdown7. Effeminate men are constantly put down and that's a horrible thing. When will femininity stop being a negative trait?!

12. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

About time!!! Haha I love the effeminacy of men cx I honestly kind of find it more attractive I like guys with a personality that is their own :slight_smile: also I think people think I'm effeminate but I'm very flamboyant haha so yea cx