1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other guys think like this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryujin, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Ryujin

OK, confused about whether to put this here or in the orientation sub forum, but this should be fine.
    Anyway, this is more a topic out of curiosity then anything.
    Did any other guys who happen to be attracted to other guys, think like this.
    In changing rooms I used to try and hide myself from everyone else, as if it were wrong and yet not many others really did that and in my head I seem to find a connection between like thinking it's wrong for a guy to be naked in front of another guy in the same way that most think it isn't right for a girl to be naked in front of a guy, and being attracted to guys and thinking that other guys would be the same and would want to look at you.

It's the most bizarre thought and is most likely closer related to just a fear of being naked in front of other people, but it interested me so I'm asking.

This was put together really badly. Sorry about that.

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Strange you should say this, I was always shy in the locker room and stuff as a kid. I never thought about it like this before.

3. ChameleonSoul

Don't worry you're not the only one that feels this way. Changing in a locker room is always awkward for me.

4. Gregarity

I really don't care for seeing wet, floppy, sometimes-old locker room dong, nor do l like anyone seeing mine in general unless, say, sex was about to happen. Sure, l'll take pause in the presence of a wild penis in its natural habitat but eventually the sensation of mild-to-moderate disgust wins. But yeah l don't use urinals for similar reasons

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh I dont use urinals either. Ive got this going on too.

6. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    actually i can change in front of people and its not a problem at all males or females i dont care but i cant be fully naked in front of anyone unless its my mother or future partner or a close friend maybe idk

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 04:37 PM ----------

im just not shy about those stuff its ok its just my own flesh showing for a little while changing

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Changing in front of people is awkward for me too. Back when I had to change in front of people for gym, it got to be no big deal. But that was several years ago, now it's awkward again :lol:

I don't mind urinals though.

8. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Ummm I am not a shy person but when it comes to this I often hide , freshman year I left Physical education because I had to Chang in the changing rooms or smell gross /.\

9. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't use communal showers or change in the locker rooms because I think it's awkward as hell. I didn't think that it was about liking guys. I just don't like the idea of getting naked in front of people I barely know

10. Candace

Yeah...you're not alone on this. I went to a place called Miette Hot Springs in Alberta (when I was 12) and I had to deal with this same experience. :S

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no problem changing in front of others in change-rooms. If they're friends, then I shouldn't feel uncomfortable. If they're strangers, they won't remember me and there's no need to feel awkward.

12. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know, it does make sense:
    - typically since lockerrooms/public washrooms are divided by gender we grow up and become "programmed" or understand that it's not ok to be exposing certain body parts to people we can potentially be attracted to, even though the official message is simply - boys and girls in separate change rooms, heck years ago even schools were segregated that way (some private schools still are)
    - since you've discovered/accepted you're also attracted to guys, you're breaking that unspoken social rule of not showing certain body parts in front of people you'd be attracted to, hence you get that uncomfortable/awkward feeling in lockerrooms

and that's before adding any issues of being self-conscious of one's own body/comparing to others etc...

of course all of this can vary in different parts of the world where nudity and sexuality (yes they're not the same thing apparently lol) are viewed (pun intended) differently

13. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never changed naked in front of anyone in a locker room. Is that weird? I mean, I never had to do it in school. When we did swimming in P.E., everyone showered off still wearing their bathing suits. Maybe we're just more prude in Denver (where I'm from). -_-

I'll admit that even changing into underwear...I noticed other guys in their boxer-briefs and such and thought it was hot. And I made sure not to really look -_- If I had had to see my friends and crushes naked in the locker room, I don't think I would've been able to handle that >.<

14. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to feel embarrassed about locker room showering or changing when I was younger, but I don't really any more, mostly because I figure that people who are straight don't care about seeing my dong, and people who aren't should get to enjoy the opportunity. LOL

Years ago when I took a swimming class in college, we also showered in the swimsuits in a large shower room, but it was primarily to wash the heavily chlorinated water out of the suits so it wouldn't eat up the fabric and elastic in them. They came off in the locker room. Nobody seemed to care.

15. Gregarity

Also it's a shame l don't like the smell of sweaty, unwashed nethers, else going into a locker room would be all the more tolerable

16. glitterpot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have always hated locker rooms. I've never really felt at peace in one.

17. One Man Army

Communal showers are okay. I was more worried about idiots hiding my underpants or dipping them in water than anything else.

18. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't mind, unless someone would obviously stare at it, then it would be a little awkward I guess. :lol:

19. barbadosslim

Out Status:
    A few people
    I also don't like changing in front of people and never have but I am largely ashamed of almost everything but being naked in front of anyone is the biggest one for sure why would anybody want to see that