1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does this sounds strange to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by markosss, Sep 27, 2014.

1. markosss

I am 17 im not drinking coffee, not drinking alcohol and no smoking. Some people of my age find it weird that I dont do any of that things. What do you thing?

2. Hexagon

A little. Although I really don't recommend smoking. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Different doesn't mean wrong.

3. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    xD I'm 17, I hate coffee, I hate alcohol, I hate cigarettes. It's not strange, and it's probably common.

4. Tokumei

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same here. I'm twenty and I hate all of those things, especially cigarettes. It's more common than you think.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

My brother is 18 and he doesn't do any of that stuff either. Personally I don't think it really matters

6. Yosia

I hate smoking but i cant function without coffee or energy drink and i sometimes drink alcohol xD

7. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not strange at all. Please, never take up smoking. Thre is no upside to smoking. As to alcohol and coffee, you may develop a taste for them. Or not. But it does not matter if others find this weird. Do what you want to do!

Here are 2 sites that present some reasons in favor of coffee and alcohol and also some downsides.

10 Healthy Reasons to Drink Coffee | One Medical Group
    Alcohol And Health

8. Candace

It's not unusual. I drink coffee and drink on occasion, but I never anything like that at your age.

9. Blossom85

It doesn't sound strange to me at all. It sounds like you are wanting to stay healthy.. When I was that age.. I didn't do those things either.. I only drank tea and I am 29 and have never had a cigarette in my mouth and I have never had coffee either and I also only drink alcohol occasionally, so don't feel you need to succumb to peer pressure cause your friends think it is strange or weird.. Be a leader and lead by example.. Do what you wanna do, not what people think is cool. Being your own person is what is really cool.

10. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't do any of those things either. Out of the three, I'd say most people I know are obsessed with coffee, which I don't understand. I don't even like it's smell :lol:

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I didn't start with alcohol until I was 23, and I'm not even a big fan now. Not worth it if it goes too far. And smoking is never worth it

12. C P

C P

Don't feel bad, I didn't fall into the pressure and ya di da of any of that stuff either. It's not weird to me in that sense, but I guess I could see how it might seem a little off to others - only because it's still a fairly common thing for someone at that age.

I tried smoking (a puff of a cigarette was enough) once and didn't like it, and I only tried drinking twice(once when I was younger to see what the big deal was and the other with some family friends because I told them I would celebrate a little on my 21st since I was 'of age' then).

Have no interest in doing either again.

I also don't like coffee.

13. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay me too I hate coffee, dont drink, and wont touch cigarettes. Go healthy people :grin:

14. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i dont hate coffee but i hate everything else i dont smoke (tried it once)
    i dont drink alcohol(never ever!!)
    and im 17 too
    coffee isnt good and i dont always drink it its only for long nights when i need to work on a project or need to stay all night studying or trying to have a good morning with coffee
    other wise i dont like drink it and love it to death
    i love coke though and i bet every teenager does ^_^

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I drink coffee, but I don't smoke or drink alcohol. I don't care if it's not normal for a teen to be teetotal; I'm not risking my health for a social expectation which would give me no pleasure. Fortunately, smoking isn't any longer normal, but I'm still not giving in to drinking at all.

16. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not at all. I started drinking alcohol at 20- But only on special occasions.. Wine, vodka, hard liquor.. I don't drink coffee. I drink tea. It's not strange just different from other people.

17. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I drink coffee every now and then, I love drinking alcohol, and I never smoke. It is what it is. I don't look down on people for not doing those things, but I don't praise them either.

18. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

The only drug I use is caffeine.

19. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

ABSOLUTLY not that's totally ok I don't smoke or drink alcohol :slight_smile: but the coffee…haha I only drink "fake coffee" because my friends say that a frappuccino isn't really coffee haha cx

20. TurtleCat

I don't think it's strange at all. While I do drink coffee and love it, I can't say I really partake of the other two. I've never smoked a cigarette before and don't intend to, and while I did drink in the past, I don't care for it anymore. I just can't deal with being hungover the next day, especially when I have work.