1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teased because of hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dakeli27, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dakeli27

Has anyone here been teased because of their hair?
    Every once on a while somebody says I look like a girl. I don't mind being feminine, but I do mind people trying to hurt my feelings by pointing it out.

2. Candace

People have teased me because my hair was too bushy and that it looked like a poofball. I hate when people say that :bang:.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. Many times, until I decided, well, so what? It's my hair, and I'll do as I please with it. Though people can be mean, it's good to not let them get to you. I figure, after all, I'm not in the world to live up to their expectations, and do my best to ignore them, even if it still hurts some.

It's funny, I used to get that girl thing as well, then, when I was about 18 I decided to get a mohawk, and my attitude was more or less, "grrrrrrrrrrrr...see, I don't even care!"

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surprisingly no. The worst that happened was that it was so long, that people would just come up and touch it. I hated it when people touched my hair, and they'd never listen to me when I told them to stop. So I just cut off a foot of it, donated that to charity, and came into school with no fucks to give. Since then I just do what I want with it.

I guess every now and then I get called Miley Cyrus whenever I do mini buns, but that isn't bad at all.

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My family keeps trying to get me to cut it short.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This is hairy sad that people take this seriously.

7. littlemonster11

Yep, I have.

I don't experience it as much now, but I would constantly be told how "poofy" my hair was. I remember one incident in high school, when this jerk was throwing shells of sunflower seeds (that were previously in his freakin' mouth by the way) at my hair when I wasn't paying attention just to be funny. I was so humiliated at the time. I think it had to do with it being the time I started to let my hair down and embrace it.

Even now, just the other day, a customer was just commenting on how my hair was "like a bird's nest". I don't think he was trying to insult me, but that's not necessarily a nice thing to say, I think. I also always have people state the obvious. "You have a lot of hair" is something I get told ALL THE TIME. Like I couldn't tell.. It's not really insulting, it's just annoying.

It sucks how we focus on the few teasing comments over the many compliments.

I'm very self-conscious about my hair, if you couldn't tell.

8. nailbug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yup. i got teased in middle school for having "emo" hair, and then for shaving both sides of my head. now i don't get teased that much for my long hair, but a lot of people say i'd look "so much better" with short hair or a buzz. how about...hmm...nope! :slight_smile:

9. Ryujin

I've been teased about my hair for years. People used to just randomly touch my hair because they knew it annoyed me and for a year or so people have been telling me that my hair looks like a 'mop' or a bowl cut (which it doesn't) and my parents always want me to get my hair cut which makes me look worse.
    It'd be even worse if I had my hair at the length I want it.

10. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Fuck them. Long hair is sexy.

11. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was told it was too long from 6th-9th grade (I cut it after, but because I wanted to donated to locks of love; not because of them). I've never been bullied/teased because of it in regard to my sexuality or gender.
    Honestly though, screw them. Your hair is just that-yours. Do what you want with your own hair. I know this sounds cliche, but when you look back on these years, it's way better to say "wow I can't believe I did that" than "wow I wish I did that." Do you. Be who you are.

12. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was told it was too long from 6th-9th grade (I cut it after, but because I wanted to donated to locks of love; not because of them). I've never been bullied/teased because of it in regard to my sexuality or gender.
    Honestly though, screw them. Your hair is just that-yours. Do what you want with your own hair. I know this sounds cliche, but when you look back on these years, it's way better to say "wow I can't believe I did that" than "wow I wish I did that." Do you. Be who you are.

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My grandmother used to give me crap when I first started to let my hair go natural. I don't recall ever having problems with anyone else. Ignore them.

14. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I put gel in the front to make it look shorter. Some people say I look like Elvis Presley, but honestly, it really does not look like that... People are just jealous because their hair can't work the way mine does.

15. DamiansKat

DamiansKat Guest

I've been teased about too many things, just about anything on my body or what I do to it. So hair? Yes and too many times.

16. LordofNihil

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hair is too amazing for people to tease me about. Any who dare risk not returning to the mortal realm. People do mistake me for a girl because of my hair, but they respect me or will respect me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. DamiansKat

DamiansKat Guest

Right on :grin:.

18. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I get stupid comments for having long hair all the time, But it's my hair and I can do what I want with it. :grin:

19. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, exactly. It bothers me a lot, my hair is not even long (it's like in my avatar) and yet they want it shorter!

20. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hell Yeah! :thumbsup: