1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, this is sad...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gfig, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I saw this movie today called G.B.F. (Gay Best Friend). It was stupid, corny, and REALLY stereotypical. But for some reason i wish real life could be similar. I wish that if i came out at school that people would actually like me MORE and most everybody would be cool with it. I also wish there were other LGBTs out at school that i could talk to. I know three, but those three individuals are really not nice people...

2. Gen

Gen

It is very understandable. I've experienced similar feelings when hearing of the support and acceptance other people have received for their orientation. Hell, even for having a positive childhood environment in general; however, there is always something to be said about powering forward and prospering while shouldering all of our burdens independently. Sometimes our obstacles are simply to great and we collapse under the pressure and there is nothing wrong with that. But to be able to persevere through your own strength is something that you will eventually be able to look back on with pride.

It would have been ideal to be born into such a fantasy, but our experiences, especially in our youth, shape who we are and I have no doubt that the experiences of the reality that you anticipate facing will be ones that will shape you into a far stronger person than you would have grown to be otherwise.