1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a bad person for wanting to date a woman I find physically attractive or hot

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Sep 27, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Today I was talking with a straight guy I came out to I think of him as an acquaintance, months before he showed me a picture of his roommate that's lesbian also . But I did not find her attractive , so at times when I tell him it's hard to meet women ,he would throw in my face well I told you about my friend and you didn't want her .
    So today he told me my problem was I'm picky, and if I continue look for women that are "Hot " ,I will not find anyone and will be alone ; I should only be going on emotion and not who I find attractive .
    For me I would like to be sexually attracted to the person I'm with , because I know if I'm not this relationship ,will not work and it would be like a friendship which is similar to my relationships with men . I want to actually experience being sexually attracted to the person I'm with , I've never felt that in a relationship and I always wondered why don't I want to sleep with my boyfriend .
    He then told me I will never find any women that's hot and I should settle for what I can get .

So am I a bad person for wanting to date someone I find hot or attractive?

2. Blossom85

Re: Am I a bad person for wanting to date a woman I find physically attractive or ho

I wouldn't say you are a bad person because of that.. But what if you think someone is hot but they don't find you hot? And if all people in the world are picky and only want hot people, where does that leave the people who are considered unattractive? Alone and feeling bad for themselves that no one will take a chance on them. Also you might find extremely hot women but find they are not a very nice person inside.. What would you rather? Someone hot but mean and nasty, or someone who might not be as attractive and really smart, caring and nice? I am one of those people who others would look at and see that I am not very attractive.. Well least that's how I feel anyway and I feel sad that people often don't wanna take the time to get to know me cause they don't find me sexually appealing.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: Am I a bad person for wanting to date a woman I find physically attractive or ho

It' s not that I wouldn't take a time to get to know a person I wasn't sexually attracted to but I'm not gonna lie to them and tell them I'm attracted to them when I know I'm not . Why start a relationship with someone your not attracted to for them to find out later you weren't attracted to them . I'd rather be honest that lie to a person or lie to myself :confused: I'm not trying to be mother Teresa . And if a girl was hot and a awful person that would be a turn off .

4. Blossom85

I certainly understand where you are coming from, and I hope you weren't offended by my words cause I do get what you mean, and you are right.. It's probably not a good idea to begin a romantic relationship with someone you don't feel sexually attracted to cause it's not gonna end well for either of you.. But with the girl your friend is talking about.. Perhaps you could get to know her as a friend at least.. Take that time to see if you maybe can connect and then if you feel it's gonna be too much of an issue, or you don't feel you connect, then you just stay as friends.. Being in my shoes though and feeling like the one someone would reject based on no sexual appeal just makes me understand the other side of it, to be the one rejected or not even given a chance based on appearance is hurtful as well. You wonder what is wrong with you.. What does that women over there have that you don't have.. Why doesn't she like me? It brings your self esteem down wether you lie to someone and then they find out later how you really feel or reject or don't give you a chance from the get go.. It doesn't change the hurt and confusion..

But it doesn't make you a bad person for wanting to be with someone whom you feel sexually and physically attracted to, you need to be with someone who is gonna make you feel comfortable and happy to be with, I just think the word 'Hot' doesn't necessarily mean someone who looks like a model to me.

5. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

no, lol that he thinks because u dont want to bone his lesbian friend that you have never met and know nothing about that you're a picky bitch

i bet he doesnt go for the first straight girl available to him everyday

6. Tomboygirl16

That makes so much sence im also like that hard to find someone that is ecually hott and that your sexually attracted to! its hoenstly really hard to find that..

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

so hey i saw this quasimodo looking girl on craigslist lookin for a hook up, i know you're looking for a girlfriend right? WHAT? You dont like her?!?!!?! GOD u picky bitch!!!!!! [only dates HB 9'S]

8. Tomboygirl16

She has a good reason to be picky! i am too lol

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I disagree because you are a pretty young lady. Why settle for anything. I'm positive the right person will come along.

10. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I think you kind of answered your own question.

Because you're exactly right. If you aren't sexually attracted to them, then it's just a friendship.

However, I think there is a difference between being sexually attracted to someone and thinking someone is hot. I have been sexually attracted to people that I don't think are hot, people who are more of average looks. However this isn't something that occurs by looking at their picture. It doesn't occur until I actually have a conversation with them. Only then do I realize I want to rip their clothes off. And on the other side of it, there are people that are smoking hot but once I have a conversation with them, I realize they're dumb as a box of rocks and while I may want to look at them, I don't want to sleep with them.

Sexual attraction is different for everyone. I'm less of a visual person. I find I'm attracted to people by whats in their head instead of what their face looks like. Just having a conversation or going out with someone who isn't "hot" doesn't mean you have to marry them. But you may find that you ARE sexually attracted to them if you give them a chance. Just a thought.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I'm not offended , it just made me sad that you felt that way :icon_sad:, for me hot is not only , the super model type there are women who aren't models that are hot . I just want a woman who I find attractive she doesn't have to look like a model . But i'm not that cold where I wouldn't befriend a, woman I didn't find attractive I have straight female friends I'm not attracted to .
    I guess it's just I want to feel what many of my straight friends talked, about like when they said they were having a hard time ;Resisting the urge to have sex with their boyfriends and thinking about being sexual with them .

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 10:36 PM ----------

Yeah it is

12. Blossom85

I guess for me it's just hard cause I don't see myself as a hot person and I just get sad when people pass me over for someone else.. But that is my issue I have to let go of. I think we all can say we wanna be with someone whom we find attractive and can have a bond with as well. I certainly wasn't insulating that you are a cold person who wouldn't befriend someone who you didn't think was attractive, I guess I didn't explain myself very well and might have come across a little defensive perhaps, so I apologize anyway Hun (*hug*)

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

(*hug*) Thanks for the hug :slight_smile:
    But believe it or not even hot women get pass over too .

14. Blossom85

(*hug*) You are welcome :slight_smile:

And yes that is true as well.

15. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

You're not bad but you need to definitely keep an open mind, don't, not give someone a shot because they aren't attractive. You never know right :slight_smile:

16. thekillingmoon

I wouldn't date someone I wasn't physically attracted to either. I wouldn't call myself picky though. It's ok to have standards. However, when your standards are unreasonably high you will most likely struggle to find anyone attractive.

17. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Well there is hot and hot... there is a bit exaggerated outfit, in my opinion...

and there people who have a certain appeal...
    part of that comes from within... when we are just happy with ourselves...
    from your postings you are a very nice person...

well if people do not take the time to have a deeper look at you they are probably not the right ones... the right one will come over time, sometimes its necessary to get a bit more active oneself...

of course we cannot find everyone attractive... and there is a feeling of dislike with some people... but in doubt, if we give someone a chance it might be positive...

@ stocking you might have said that you felt it would not fit with this person... and be grateful for further suggestions...
    On another note, as lesbian she might know other lesbians... so would it be of advantage if you would just get to know her ?

18. SeaSalt

No I dont think it is wrong to try for someone "Hot", As my rather crude brother says "you cant sleep with a personality". To me im looking for a Beautiful person who can back up the looks with a fantastic personality. I would rather someone who I can cuddle up at night and play video games with who can also put up with my raw kinkiness. Then again people are all different and what a glorious thing that is, else what a boring place the world would be. Personally I get turned on by the thought of turning someone else on.

Whatever gets you there!

Its worth pointing out that the less "Attractive" people try harder in bed.

19. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I think you need to be physically attractive to someone to date. And you deserve someone who you find attractive don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm not saying you should only go for a model because tbh with you, people that attractive are usually douches.

20. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Stocking,

I think I know exactly what you mean. It's about you finding them "hot", not about "OMG, I totally want Megan Fox,y'all!". What you are saying is you need to feel the physical attraction, and there is nothing wrong with that, that is kind of the point of dating. :slight_smile:

For me, yeah I see hot people - I wish Everypony could have seen the vocalist that performed at the block party yesterday! - but it's the connection I feel towards someone that makes them hot to me.