1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can having a bad relationship with your mother make you more likely to be lesbian ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Sep 28, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So if can not getting along with your mom make you a lesbian ?
    my mom and I were pretty cool when I was a baby though but she started hating me as a teen . I grew up with my dad for most of my life but moved in with her . I've been a abused by both parents my mom and my biological father who would beat me every day and even beat me when he he caught me kissing a girl so is this the reason i'm a lesbian ? and for most women that are gay ?
    My father and I got along well but sometimes he would just randomly beat me because I had trouble learning at school when i was a kid . He stop after couple of years and then started disciplining me differently

#1 stocking, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. Randomcloud

Re: Can having a bad relationship with your mother make you more likely to be lesbia

No, I don't think the two have anything to do with each other. As far as I know, the only evidence emerging to explain the "cause" of homosexuality is genetics

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Re: Can having a bad relationship with your mother make you more likely to be lesbia

The fuck is up with your parents, yo?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Yes Kaiser they are I love my dad though even though he beat all the time :icon_sad:

5. Weekender

I don't think so. Nothing really "makes" you gay besides genetics, as far as anyone has logically been able to prove. It just happens.

6. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I agree. It's genetics. You are just the way you are. Nothing "makes you gay."
    And to eco Kaiser: wtf?!
    I'm sorry you had to go through all that, honey. :frowning2:

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

(*hug*) thank you

8. Candace

I don't think that that makes you gay. I'm gay and I don't get along with my mom.

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that :/.

9. Blossom85

Awe I am sorry to hear you had to endure so much when you were younger. You sound like a very strong woman though despite of what you have been through. In answer to your question, I don't necessarily think so.. I have a wonderful relationship with both my parents and still am bisexual.

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Nope. I have a great relationship with my mom, aside from her not accepting me that is.

11. Rancid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

No. My mother, though not accepting of my sexuality, is still very close to me.

I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of that.

12. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

I don't think that one has anything to do with the other. Homosexuality is apparently is caused by genetics.

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

neigh

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Nope. I love my Mom to death and she's an avid gay rights supporter and defends me whenever people doubt or talk down about my sexuality. She even cut contact with family members who were super religious and bashed gay people.

And of course some women with bad mothers are straight as well. I think It's mostly genetic

Although I'm sorry to hear your Mom is so terrible -hug-

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Dean Hamar's The Gay Gene, hitting bookshelves near you this fall.......

16. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Despite my argument in the other thread, I'm going to go with no. I don't really think there's any - even speculative - thinking to suggest what you're saying. Now fathers and sons on the other hand... I'm not sure. I wouldn't worry about it though.

17. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

Thanks. I'll take a look into it. :3

18. Hexagon

No, doesn't seem likely. Sorry for what you went through though.

19. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't think so either.

That being said, I feel really sorry for what happened. I hope you're doing much better now! (*hug*)

20. WallWeed

My mom is truly my best friend, I don't think I've ever been closer to anyone my whole life.

I don't think they'll necessarily find "the reason" for being gay, as I think it's often caused by various factors, but if anything does turn out to be a universal answer, one's relationship with their parental unit of either gender surely ain't it.