1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams you had that made you cry for whatever reason

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Harvey Dent, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A rather long title, but a dream I had a couple nights ago prompted me to make this thread. Have you had a dream so great or terrible (depending on it's nature) that when you woke up, you started to well up with tears? I did, due to it being so unbelievably wonderful and perfect. It was like any worry I had or any past wrong I thought I had done was corrected and I was living in a fairy tale. It was one of the most vivid dreams I've had, and it was as follows, though it lasted longer than any description I could give of it:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It must have been a couple years back, because in my dream I was still in high school. I walked into a classroom and I saw this guy who I immediately recognized as someone who gives me butterflies and makes me jittery-nervous, in a good way. I was more confident in the dream than I ever have been in real life, and walked up to him and gently kissed him, and I could feel our lips locked and no one else was in the school but us.

Next thing I notice I'm walking through a computer lab room and notice a former friend of mine sitting there, but as of high school he and I were best friends, though my mind was in it's 2014-state and afraid to see him, because as of last year we stopped being friends altogether because of a fallout we had involving a mutual friend. He said, "Hey!" with a big smile on his face and pat me on the back, and of course I'm wondering why in the world everything is fine and dandy between us.

Later I notice the guy I had kissed earlier and I'm in butterfly-stomach mode again, and he smiles and asks if I want to hang out sometime, and I'm smiling ear to ear and heartily agree. He hugs me and walks away, and shortly after I woke up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had tears within a minute or two of sitting down a little bit after I woke up when I processed the dream. I kissed someone I knew I would be romantically attracted to, and was still friends with someone I felt I wronged a little more than a year ago, as far as my mentality in the dream was concerned. I'm a very happy person, don't get me wrong, I have a best friend again now and she would do anything for me and I for her. I guess it was just the fact that I had such an amazing moment that I want to strive to have such moments in the real world. I'll take it as inspiration to be true to myself and to make things happen that I know will continue to make me happy.

Enough about me, what are some of your dreams that were either so fantastic or disastrous you had to take a moment to shed some tears, either out of sadness or gladness it wasn't real?

#1 Harvey Dent, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had this too. I dreamt that I was in a place with bombs falling down, I saw people die and it was one of the saddest dreams I've ever had. I cried when I woke up, I just couldn't control myself..

More uplifting is when I dreamt about someone I really like. :icon_bigg It was such a beautiful dream! I didn't really cry, but I did have a hard time controlling my emotions.

3. Blossom85

I have had some dreams like that.. Both good and bad.. I can't fully remember them now, but I do remember the dreams being so real that I woke up with tears in my eyes and this immense saddness, that aching feeling in my chest.. I think I remember vaguely one being where someone I loved died (a family member or close friend) and the other was dreaming that my ex girlfriend wanted me back in her life and it just felt so real that when I woke up, I cried because it wasn't real.

4. Rainbow Misfit

I had two just the other night actually...
    In the first one i kept waking up for a minute or two with tears in my eyes and then falling back asleep and having the exact same dream.... it was weird.
    I can't remember much but i do know each time i dreamed i was always different to the self i am now but everyone around me was either very sad about it or very excited ...i'm not really sure what i was teary eyed about .....

In the second i was in a locked room and apprently something was about to start with me, My mother came in twice and asked me how i was and i answered back both times i was in pain and didnt like it ...whatever it was that was happening to me ... the last thing she said in the dream was that '"It will start soon." and i just remember waking and i started to cry my eyes out .... They were sad tears but im not really sure why....

.....I think i should start looking my dreams up or something they sound kind of psychological now that i write them down......:confused:

5. Randomcloud

The only time I remember waking up crying from a dream was when I dreamed that my mother had turned into one of those big orange inflatable lifeboats. Bizarre.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

When I was a small child, I had a dream that I was never ever allowed to eat sweets. Woke up crying from that haha

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few nights ago, I had a really odd dream. I dreamt that I was grinding my teeth, and they were dissolving like sugar. I'm not sure if I'm remembering the whole thing, but recall that I was panicking and waking up with tears. Not exactly crying, but I still had tears down my face and felt pretty unsettled.

And when I was little, I had a dream in which my brother drowned. I actually properly cried at that one.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm jealous of that kissing dream. :wink:

As for me, I got night terrors all the time when I was a small child. But recently, maybe a year ago, I had a dream of me going up the stairs of this old house and a bunch of people crawling out from the tables with blood pouring from their eyes, like Oedipus. Then they started tickling me and scaring me with their faces while they did it. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were stabbed out and filled with dripping blood as well. I don't have a clue why they were tickling me, but the eye thing freaked me out and I woke up crying and was hysterical for the rest of the night.

9. TurtleCat

Dreams I have about my parents make me cry sometimes, and I get them pretty frequently. They make me miss my parents and wish they were still alive.

10. Weekender

I don't remember any particularly sad dreams, but I've cried after one or two wonderful dreams.

A couple years ago, I had a dream that I was in a big marble room, and an unnaturally large pair of those ribbons people use for aerial acrobatics were hanging down from the ceiling. Next thing I knew, I was up in the air, gripping the ribbons and swinging around the room, and it felt like I was quite possibly the happiest I've ever been. It was like I had no problems and no worries. There was just an overwhelming feeling of being free. I cried when I woke up because I hadn't wanted it to end.

11. Candace

Dreams where I see loved ones sick, dying on their deathbed. :frowning2:

12. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seeing my deceased grandmother alive and well again in a dream caused me to wake up teary, but it was sort of in a good way.

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a little kid, I had a dream that me, my mother and grandmother were wondering around this dinosaur museum or something, and for some bizarre, inexplicable reason, this flying stegosaurus (nonsensical) came to life, picked my mother up in its mouth, and flew away, while my and my grandmother hid behind a rock.

I also had a dream that my I woke up to find my dog dead.

Those are the only two examples that I can think of.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

One of the saddest dreams I've ever had, involved me going around, trying to find one person to vouch for me. All they had to do was say, "I want you to stay alive.", but nobody would say it. I saw various members of my family, as well as random folks I knew, all throughout this dream. Eventually, because I could not find a single person to speak for me, I had no choice but to kill myself.

I woke up, very sad, but also very pissed. I did have watery eyes, though, so this would count.

15. Pie

Pie Guest

I dreamt about my crush. In the dream I came out to him ("I'm gay") and he responded something along the lines of "I know, me too!". Then we kissed, held hands annnd... I woke up. I was sooo sad that it wasn't real that I cried. :tears:

16. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would bawl my eyes out if I had that dream, so perfect.

17. shinji

shinji Guest

Remember that movie - "Family Plan", with Zachary Browne (crushed so hard over him) and Trevor Morgan?

So basically, after watching that for the first time... woke up feeling like shit after remembering i was a single child. This was at around age ~10. Some crying followed plus a stupid question to my mother if perhaps i did have some long lost brother somewhere, then again some crying.

18. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well last time I dreamed that my grandfather had died. I woke up crying (happened this year).
    Also, many years ago I had a bizarre dream where my mom said that she was going to the moon and would never come back lol, which made me cry too.

19. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

The last time I cried after waking up from a dream was quite a while back. I don't remember what I dreamt about but the soul-depth feeling of abandonment was the reason.
    It was a terrible, empty feeling even more so because I had no idea what I had lost in the first place.

20. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have nightmares about people committing suicide. Especially if I know someone is struggling. Ever since I stopped a friend in the act of killing herself as a teen. I will have dreams where I couldn't get there in time. Those make me really upset.