1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys - What do you look for in your boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by infinitefriend9, Sep 30, 2014.

1. infinitefriend9

What do you want him to be:

- Looks-wise
    - Dress sense
    - Way he acts
    - His finances
    - What he studies or works at

What activities do you want to do together?

Do you want him to be touchy-feely and warm to you?

How often do you want sex (if any)?

2. Candace

Can get my sense of humor, good hygeine, is not a workaholic, and contacts me and wants to be with me without me asking him to.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

- Looks-wise
    Long hair, feminine pretty face, slim body

- Dress sense
    Androgynous or feminine gothic/alternative

- Way he acts
    Sweet, cute and sensitive

- His finances
    Don't care

Don't care

Spontaneous crazy things. Perhaps I'll take him out for a walk in the moonlight, or to the beach at night. We'll run free and crazy like wild children of the night.

Yes

No bottoming or.. 'frontal' sex for me. But anything else, anytime baby~

4. RAdam

Money money money

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

- Looks-wise - no strong preference, but I prefer short hair and a non-androgynous look. Does not have to be muscular or anything like that.
    - Dress sense - no strong preference, but I hope he doesn't consider sweat pants "dress"!
    - Way he acts - sense of humor, able to listen and respond to what I am saying, fun-loving
    - His finances - does not matter at this point.
    - What he studies or works at - doesn't matter. Most guys I like seem to be all science and health oriented, whereas I'm planning on being a schoolteacher. It's all good with me.

What activities do you want to do together? - I hope he would like biking or being outdoors sometimes, I hope he'd want to go on tours with me, or maybe go on drives too :slight_smile:

Do you want him to be touchy-feely and warm to you? - Yep, because I'm a very touch-feely cuddly warm person :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I want him to hug and hold me :slight_smile:

How often do you want sex (if any)? - I don't have a crazy drive, but whatever we deem reasonable. I also hope he'd understand that I'm pretty much an exclusive top.

6. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found my true soulmate.. :icon_bigg

First of all, I think we should both click really well. Same interests and points of view are quite important, but of course a 100% agreement is not necessary! However, I do think we should both understand each other very well.

Moreover, we should both be able to satisfy one another on many levels. I should be attracted to him, his personality, and he should be to me (and mine personality).

And don't think it's impossible. I used to think that. But I was so wrong, luckily. :icon_bigg

7. Yosia

- Looks-wise
    I would prefer him to be significantly taller than me and to not be overly muscly, i dont really find that attractive. I dont mind sort of short hair, just as long as it isnt a buzz-cut, and long hair is a winner.

- Dress sense
    I would like them to dress in a simillar style to mine, which can be described as what 'scene people' wear. (i hate that term so much)

- Way he acts
    I dont want him to be overly feminine or overly masculine. He has to take me shopping wherever i want.

- His finances
    As long as we can live comfortably with a little bit to spend on me then i dont mind.

Not too fussed, i dont want him to work really long hours everyday though.

Shopping!

Yes definitely.

Not too fussed if it doesnt happen, maybe once a week if it does.

8. Komnenos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a guy, really. I guess I'll answer these anyway:

- Looks-wise

Handsome, slim to a little extra. Not too tall since I'm short.

- Dress sense

Not a slob, but not hellbent on always looking perfect, either.

- Way he acts

Not an attention whore. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Someone sane and well adjusted, with their affairs in order. I already tried fixing someone, and it doesn't work. Has a reasonable resume - not necessarily a doctor, but evidence that they have held a job for a long period of time (shows stability and sanity).

Also important is knowing the proper time and place when to do things and when not to do things. Very important if I plan on him meeting my parents.

- His finances

For the most part, don't care. I have supported someone before, and that's OK because that is what I will do for someone I love if need be. As long as someone is living mostly within their means, I am not concerned what that means is.

If he's working just a job, I would want him to be in school with the intentions of finding a career. I don't really care what that study or career is, as long as he enjoys it.

You're missing an important one so I'll add it here:

- How he treats others

With respect, honesty, and compassion.

9. ChameleonSoul

Looks-wise: I'm not too picky, but I'd prefer someone with shorter hair and a more non-androgynous look like MintberryCrunch said. However, good hygiene is a MUST for me!

Dress sense: As long as they aren't a complete slob, I don't care how they dress.

Way he acts: Whoever I date needs to kind and compassionate and treats others with respect. I'd also like it if they were a bit sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor (at appropriate times, of course).

Finances: Sure, it'd be nice to have a boyfriend with a bit of money on hand, but realistically, as long as we live comfortably and within our means, I'm good.

What he studies or works at: I have no preference. As long as he does what he loves, I'd be happy.

What activities do you want to do together? Hiking or going outdoors, going out on the town, traveling together, etc.

Do you want him to be touchy-feely and warm to you? Yes, I love hugs and cuddling.

How often do you want sex (if any)? I'd be pretty reasonable to whatever we decide to do, but a big deal breaker for me is getting right to the sex. I plan on waiting about 6 months or so (at least) before we "get down to business".

10. awesomeness

Looks-wise:
    - Dark eyes
    - Cute face
    - Thin, non-muscular body
    - Narrow shoulders
    - A bit shorter than me

Dress sense:
    A nice sense of style is always a plus.

Way he acts:
    - Slightly feminine
    - A bit shy and sensitive
    - Talkative (with me at least)
    - Positive attitude

His finances:
    I prefer to have the most money in the relationship, so I don't care.

What he studies or works at:
    Don't care at all.

What activities do you want to do together?:
    Going to the movies, travelling, going to concerts etc. The more activities we like doing together, the better.

Do you want him to be touchy-feely and warm to you?:
    Yes, definitely. That's a must.

How often do you want sex (if any)?:
    All the time.

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is for some of us, let's not play around.

12. One Man Army

Looks-wise: Decent looks, not too feminine but not excessively muscly or hairy either. Maybe darkish skin and hair, but that's not a chief concern.

Dress sense: Hopefully better than mine, which isn't saying much.

Way he acts: Independent and not too clingy, but not someone who devotes his whole time to work, or an obsession. Having a sense of humour (i.e. being willing to put up with my jokes) is a must.

His finances: As long as he doesn't live in the woods, I don't give a crap.

What he studies or works at: Anything within reason.

What activities do you want to do together? Going out places, going down the pub, play Xbox, staying in and watching films when it's cold.

Do you want him to be touchy-feely and warm to you? Yeah that would be nice.

How often do you want sex (if any)? 95 times a day*

*Joke detected. I haven't thought about it much, seeing as it's so hypothetical, but as long as we're both satisfied that's all I'm concerned about.

13. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be attracted to them. For them to be going somewhere in life. For them to be into me. Someone who enjoys my company and I enjoy their's.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2014 at 10:51 PM ----------

If you think something is impossible then it will become so. Yes, I know it's hard but life is hard and admitting defeat before the end of the game won't get you very far.

14. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people

- Looks-wise
    He should be clean and neat. Hygiene is EVERYTHING!
    Short hair's the best but if he likes it long, I don't really mind.
    Usually a really nice smile is enough.
    He shouldn't be too skinny or too muscly though.

- Dress sense
    Just as long as he knows how to dress up for certain occasions, I'm basically fine with a guy who likes to be comfortable in shirts and jeans :thumbsup:

- Way he acts
    Mature
    Sensitive
    Funny (A good sense of humour)
    Good (very subjective but the kind of good according to my standards)

- His finances
    I think financial stability is important in a serious relationship and it's one of the things I will consider when dating someone. I don't care if he makes more money than I do or if it's the other way around. As long as he isn't in debt and he's living quite comfortably with his salary then that's okay. I like the relationship to be almost equal when it comes to finances. We share the responsibility of supporting each other.

Whatever he loves to do, it is his business not mine. As long as my sensibilities are not offended then I don't see the point in caring too much about this.

All the activities that are part of growing up and growing old together. Obviously.

Sure. Why not?

I don't see this to be important at the moment. I guess a healthy amount of sex is good. Healthy is very subjective, but whatever.

15. Acm

Acm Guest

Good sense of humour, someone I find attractive, good hygiene.

16. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    - Looks-wise
    Whatever.

- Dress sense
    Whatever.

- Way he acts
    Don't be an asshole.

- His finances
    Whatever.

Whatever.

TL;DR: If you aren't an asshole and I am attracted to you, I will date you.

EDIT: Missed the rest.

I'd love to be able to travel with him, cuddle with him, and just generally have him as a best friend - with benefits. And by benefits, I don't mean sex. Sex isn't really my cup of tea. But hugging and little kisses are nice.

As for being touchy-feely and warm, hell yes. That is the cutest shit ever. I would eat him up.

#16 Nychthemeron, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    - Looks-wise
    If he exudes cleanliness and healthiness, it should be fine. I don't really have that many specific preferences.

- Dress sense
    Look good, know what to wear for different times and events, and wear clean clothes at all times.

- Way he acts
    Mature
    Compassionate
    Intelligent - and as long as he uses it for good reasons; being an intellectual snob is horrible
    Driven - I like to see a glint of motivation and determination in the eyes of my friends. I wouldn't want a boyfriend who's listless.
    Anyone who tries to settle for something easy isn't so interesting to me. I would see problems coming up in the future for that; to be settling for the first thing available, without progress, is not a healthy mindset for me.

- His finances
    At this age, it's obviously not that important, but I do want someone who can decently prop themselves up and won't have to be a drag on me.

Yes, this does matter to me. I want to date someone who intends to study (or studies, when I'm in university) at university for a decent degree. I want to be able to have some sort of interest in the types of friends/classmates/colleagues and academic work they have.

As a student, studying'd probably be good. Exercising, too; I love exercising with friends, and jogging is good for bonding.

Warm? Yes. Touchy-feely, however, makes me think of being clingy and deliberately over-sentimental. I can't bear someone whose idea of a good friendship or relationship is to unproductively sap energy from me by being too sensitive to everything.

As often as he'd like, more or less, provided it didn't force me to change my schedule; I'm not going to avoid study-groups and tutoring for sex.

#17 Aussie792, Sep 30, 2014
  18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    - Looks-wise
    As long as he's clean and somewhat healthy, it shouldn't really matter to me.

- Dress-wise
    He dresses appropriately for certain events. Again, not my #1 issue.

- Way he acts
    He's mature, has a decent sense of humor, is caring and compassionate, intelligent, is motivated in life, and is somewhat liberal or apolitical.

- What he studies/works at
    In a dream world, he'd be a political scientist or journalist as well, but if not, nothing is hurt.

Pretty much any activity a couple would do together, really. Going out together is a must :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Warm? Yes. Touchy-feely? Eh, to me it kind of feels like someone who's clingy, but I wouldn't dislike it, as long as he isn't completely attached to me.

When he'd want to. I won't want to miss anything important I'd have to do just so we can have sex, though. It would have to sort of fit in with my schedule.

19. Webman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    - Looks-wise
    I really don't care much about this. As long as I have at least a little bit of a physical attraction to the guy then I should be okay. He doesn't have to be muscular, or super fit, or drop dead gorgeous. In fact, guys who are really muscular actually start to be a turn off for me. The only thing that really matters to me is that I would like it if he wasn't really overweight. I don't care if he has a few extra pounds or a little extra padding. More like 50 or more extra pounds. I'm not much of a looker (I'm exactly "average" on the BMI index) so I don't need a looker. The weight thing is more so for health reasons than anything and I also like to hike a lot so I would want someone who could get outdoors with me and do things like that.

- Dress sense
    I wouldn't want someone who doesn't know how to dress appropriately for an occasion. I would also be more into someone who dressed more professionally. I don't like piercings or tattoos and find them to be a turn off. This stuff doesn't matter a whole lot to me and if a person has a great personality, then most things with dress can be overlooked unless it's inappropriate or attention grabbing to the point where I don't want to go out in public with them much, haha!

- Way he acts
    I don't want someone too needy or clingy. Having at least one day a week where I can be alone and just do the stuff I want to focus on by myself would be nice. However, I also don't want someone who is a loner and needs a huge deal of alone time. What is the point then? Just don't get into a relationship and you'll have 100% alone time! I love to cuddle, a lot, so hopefully my boyfriend would be into cuddling too. I want someone who has a personality similar to mine or that compliments mine and whom I can share hobbies and interest with. Or who I can work on things with.

- His finances
    Not a huge deal to me as long as he's aspiring to something greater than a minimum wage job. Also, I would steer clear of someone with a lot of debt or a bad credit score.

I would much prefer someone in a field of study related to science, technology, or business. Those are all areas I can typically get excited about so it would help inspire many conversations between us so we don't run out of things to talk about and get bored of each other.

I am willing to take on the hobbies and interests which are important to my partner. I love sharing hobbies and interests! It would be nice if my partner would want to take on a few of my hobbies and interests too which are currently related to computers, programming, photography, hiking, kayaking, travel, and so forth.

Well yeah. Gosh, it would be so sad if I ended up with someone who was cold toward me for whatever reason. Talk about major depression waiting to happen! I love to cuddle so I would like someone who was at least a little touchy-feely. I would be happier with someone who was open with their thoughts and feelings rather than a person I would have to pry at a lot to get them to tell me what was really on their mind. Openness is a key factor in the people I look for now. I have had my share of people who were closed off and not open with their feelings and I'm pretty much just fed up with those people.

Just about every day, but that can change depending on my partner's desires. Also, it takes a long time for me to warm up to someone enough to engage in sexual activities.

#19 Webman777, Sep 30, 2014
  20. MisterTinkles

Well, I have my "fantasy" guy I would love to have.........

But then again, I am a realist, and I know that will never happen, because he doesn't exist. So....I think I would like a guy who is a decent human being, someone who keeps me on my toes and doesnt mind arguing with me. I love to argue. he he he

Looks-wise - Well, I dont want my eyes burning in their sockets. But if he's good looking on the inside, then the outside doesnt matter too much.

- Dress sense - Clothes are nice. Dont want a nudist.

- Way he acts - I dont want him to act like anything, I want him to be his honest self.

- His finances - I'm willing to sacrifice my lifestyle for one in a big mansion, with servants, a private jet, and unlimited expense account. Bologna sandwiches and living paycheck to paycheck is what I do best though....sadly. Who cares, as long as he accepts me for the wreck I am.

- What he studies or works at - I love brains, intelligence, and knowing how to use them.
    College professor talk will have me all over him!

What activities do you want to do together? - I am a loner, whether with someone or not. I want to do things that its better with 2, but other than that, I don't need to be crowded. Dinner, dancing, amusement parks, movies, sunday drives, arguing, hugging when I need it........and I need it a lot!

Do you want him to be touchy-feely and warm to you? Not especially. I don't like being touched too much......have an aversion to "touchy feely" people.

How often do you want sex (if any)? - Dont need it. If it happens fine. But I would rather have a decent man and no sex, than some hunk-a-rific guy who people drool over that needs to be sexed up all the freeking time.