1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me, or is no one focusing on LGBT rights in the Middle East?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CongoColorado, Sep 30, 2014.

1. CongoColorado

It feels like no one really cares, there are a ton of closeted gays in the ME in fear that they will be executed if they come out. Someone needs to educate these :***: stupid :***: :***: who can't even think for themselves!

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Middle East is such a hot-bed of problems that LGBT issues tend to be pushed to the back burner. The fact that there is genocide going on there right now is going to take some of the focus away.

3. CongoColorado

There are some countries which are stable, for example, Qatar.

4. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on your politics, if you are liberal you only care about LGBT in the USA, if not you realize how 3rd Reich the Middle East is towards LGBT.

5. SeaSalt

I am very passionate about LGBT rights however I think the middle east should sort out a few of the other problems first, Maybe when IS stop beheading people.

6. Gen

Gen

If the first world can turn to blind eye to human rights violations and global poverty for centuries, I wouldn't expect LGBTQ issues to garner any special attention.

7. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That will take decades and many will die before that happens.

8. SeaSalt

I doubt IS will last much longer, soon enough they will cross a line and they will fade back into the shadows like every other terrorist group.

9. Beware Of You

Well I try to, I am dead against the UK government going on about Human Rights in places while tolerating places like Saudi Arabia just because they have oil.

As a LGBT person and a feminist I find it literally the worst place in the world unless you are a rich straight male.

10. SeaSalt

Agreed.

11. Hexagon

There are bigger human rights problems which need to be solved, for the most part, by the countries in the middle east themselves, before queer people can be successfully integrated and out. Further intervention into other culture's on the part of the west is only going to make things worse.

12. Candace

I just think that, like many people have previously stated, the Middle East has a whole mountain of problems that need to be resolved first. LGBT issues are another kettle of fish and those should be resolved after some things are sorted out.

13. One Man Army

I can't see the problems in the Middle East being sorted out any time soon. When will people put down their weapons and their differences aside, and get on with each other? It looks extremely unlikely.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but that's how it seems.

14. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am I wanna get rid of ignorance nd hate around the middle east . That's why I read the bible ,quran,psalms and Torah

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We already turn blind eyes to human rights violations in the ME all the time, it doesn't surprise me LGBTQ rights are not noticed either.

16. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a country in the Middle East that is very pro-gay, especially compared to it's neighbors.

[​IMG]

Israel has been supporting gay rights for a few decades now, well before most Americans and Europeans.

Even the political right in Israel is more likely to support the LGBT community compared to it's international counterparts:

Feiglin to meet with Likud gay group

"Cohen said the party’s most pro-gay politicians were Education Minister Gideon Sa’ar, Environmental Protection Minister Gilad Erdan, Culture and Sport Minister Limor Livnat, and MK Ophir Akunis."

Non-Jewish partners in gay marriage are now entitled to make aliya

17. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Saudi's have been beheading people in public for decades

18. White Knight

Don't you think Middle East first solve its humanity problems... like wars? Or rights of women, children and animals?

Middle East is mostly Muslim countries. What we know about Muslims (other than me being one of course :grin:), they are lazy bum people who blame everyone but themselves for every problem they face.

They just sat on their arses while western world invented thing after thing, then blame them for emposing their culture... a.k.a. technology... upon their youth and corrupting them. Hence they use medieveal... nope, out right barbaric methods to keep their precious off springs/women as ignorant as possible so they can control them easily.

This male centric view/life style of Islam is one of the biggest reasons why Turks'd chosen it in the past.

So in this picture being a less of a man is betraying a holy cause... much hollier than religion itself.

View of gay people in Turkey very similar to what they say for Vikings. They don't be bothered with having sex with a male but only as active/top position. Bottoming means you are defiling your body. This is why in both cultures, role of passive/bottom partner always reserved for foreigners/slaves... at least on the surface. Also there might be some pederastic relations between two Turks but they expect younger one to get married and be a man when they grow up.

This is my views and opinions depending on my experiences and readings.

19. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

That's ridiculous, I'm green party and I believe in equal rights for all human beings in all countries.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This