1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheStormInside, Sep 30, 2014.

1. TheStormInside

Tomorrow is October 1st, and you know what that means. Halloween season! Who is dressing up? And what will your costumes be?

I love costuming and often make my own costumes every year. This year a small group of friends and I are doing Adventure Time characters, and I'll be dressing as Marceline the Vampire Queen. I also get to help my friend with her costume, and her kid's and dog's :lol: .

Here's Marceline, for those who don't know:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Candace

That's really a neat idea. Do you have any ideas about what your friends will be dressing up as alongside you? :slight_smile:

I'm probably not doing anything. If not, I can just put on my Australia jacket and use an Australian accent as a last minute costume idea :lol:

3. Hexagon

Chances are I won't do anything. If I do get invited to anything, then maybe I'll be a pirate or something.

4. TheStormInside

The idea started when we were brainstorming ideas for my friend's baby, who will be about 1 soon. I suggested he go as Baby Finn, and my friend said that'd be great, so long as her Dachshund can go as Lady Rainicorn :lol:. That friend is going to go as Princess Bubblegum, her husband will likely go as Jake, and then one other friend is going to join in as Fiona.

[YOUTUBE]45vnHPbFv_U[/YOUTUBE]

5. Ryujin

Halloween is October 31st...
    Or maybe I'm just ignorant.

Anyway, when it does come to Halloween, I'll either dress up as Death (from Discworld, obviously) like I have for the past few years, or maybe some sort of anime character, cause it's like the one time in the year when ordinary people cos play and I'm not missing our on that!

6. One Man Army

I'll probably just dress up as myself and stay indoors as I do most years.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrre you sure about that, Hexagon?

I'm sorry. I had to.

As for the OP:

Will you have the awesome guitar-playing skills, too, TheStormInside? Lol.

I haven't dressed up in years... well, seriously that is. Since my last time actually putting on a costume, I've usually just watched various Horror movie marathons, passed out candy to the neighborhood Trick-or-Treaters, or walked around some cemeteries. The past two years, I've gone to an acquaintance's home, where a decent amount of folks gather, for karaoke, dancing, candy, and some memorable/good times... as well as the predictable 'I'm too drunk to function' faction, LOL.

Halloween does begin my favorite period of the year, though, which ends on New Year's Day. I like the color of the leaves, the cooling weather, and the decorations during those holidays. I also like the candy; not gonna lie 'bout that!

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, dear God... I'm in love. And Halloween just means more varieties of Reese's, of course!

But, I suppose, if I did dress up, it'd be something like this:

[​IMG]

8. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm going to be a fairy with dark blue sparkly wings! Handing out candy though I would rather be GETTING the candy!

9. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Once, I got all dressed up as a raccoon for treat-or-tricking.

No one came to our door.

That was the last year I celebrated Halloween, anyway.

10. TheStormInside

Yes, it is. But I like to get excited a bit early :slight_smile: . Sounds fun! And I agree. I've gone to some conventions in the past but none of my current friends are really into that, so I like to take advantage of cosplay opportunities (such as Halloween) when they arise.

Sadly, my artistic talents are limited to the visual arts :lol:. So long as I have time I will make the axe bass as a prop, though!

Those all sound like totally legitimate Halloween plans. I regularly take strolls in a cemetery nearby but I do not have the guts to do it at night on Halloween, so props to you! I imagine I'll be passing out candy at a friend's house and watching Horror movies like we did last year. He has tons of kids in the neighborhood so it was a lot of fun.

And, who the heck is that crazy character? :lol:

Sounds pretty :slight_smile: . And, that is why you get candy *you* like to hand out to the trick-or-treaters, silly.

11. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'm either gonna be
    A wounded murderer (blood stained shirt and knife, facial wounds and Chealsea grin)

Or the grim reaper

12. Ryujin

I need to decide on what I want to dress up as and start working on a costume.

Brainstorming!

13. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ignorant, maybe, if you don't know the difference between Halloween and the Halloween Season! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

keepCalmHalloween.jpg

14. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like that idea! :slight_smile:

I'm a big fan of Halloween and I'll be going to a big party for it, complete with dressing up. Not sure what I'm going to do. Last year I was a cat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: People thought it was cute, but maybe I should do something with more blood this time :wink:

15. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Oh right! One for you... Two for me.... One for you... Four for me! Good plan:slight_smile: I'll post a pic of my wings tomorrow.

16. MisterTinkles

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Halloween!!!!

But I have no reason to decorate or dress up, as I have no friends in the area.
    I used to go to the block parties near downtown, but the past few years, hardly anybody has dressed up.......a ton of lookers and nothing to look at.

Usually, if they do something at work, I will wear something Halloweeny. Other than that.....I really dont do anything anymore.

17. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I LOVE THIS HOLIOIDaY

18. Candace

Cool! I'd like to see that in action. So well thought out and coordinated :grin:.

19. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I LOVE Halloween. But the only thing I will be dressing up for is at the preschool where I work. We do a theme every year. This year's theme for Halloween is the 80's. I'm thinking neon, leggings, and of course the BIG scrunchi.

20. blackandgold

Hm...for this year's Halloween party-- it's a tossup between Don Draper and Linda Belcher.