1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answering machine/voicemail messages

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maddy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just called a friend of mine, and was greeted with the voicemail message (to the tune of "For He's A Jolly Good Fellow"):
    "I just got into the bathtub
    I just got into the bathtub
    So I can't answer your call
    But I will call you right back
    As soon as I've scrubbed my back
    So I can't answer your call"

The message I left basically consists of me killing myself laughing. So, what do you guys have as voicemail or answering messages? Mine is "Hey, this is Maddy, I can't answer the phone right now, so please leave your name, number and credit card details, and I'll get back to you as soon as I've cleared out your account."

2. Ben

Ben

I know someone who says:

"Hallo? Hello! Oh, I can't hear you.... wait.... ugh" and that goes on for a while before he reveals it's a joke. It's funny the first time, but it just gets annoying after a while :slight_smile:

3. ~I'm walking into spiderwebs...leave a message and i'll call you back...~
    Yes, that was the beautiful sound of Spiderwebs by No Doubt, and this is the answering machine for Marie, so if you'd like to leave a message, i'll call you back if you're a nice person, and ignore it if you're not. *beep*

Thats mine XD

4. Davey

"You've Reached David's Voicemail...Congratulations."

lol stole it from One Tree Hill

5. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ha Mine says "Hello youve reached God, Im sorry I missed your call but i will try my best to get back to you, or better yet just send me a prayer" sometimes it offends people but I think the majority laph

6. jazzrawr

"Hey, this is Jazz, and if you haven't noticed...this is my voicemail. I'm probably either not around, or I've lost my phone again...damn. Anywhositswhatsits, leave a message if you want me to call you back...erm, actually, just call me back later, cause you know I don't like phone calls. Love!"

Needless to say, I don't get many voicemail messages unless they say "PICK UP YOUR DAMN PHONE JASMINE!" or "Hey Jazz, I've found your phone...come find me later to get it back." XD

7. EmperorNero

Mine goes "hello?", and everyone falls for it every time. It's kind of amusing. :slight_smile:

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like Carlin's idea: don't say you can't come to the phone, that's obvious. Tell them you ate something really rough and you'll be in and out of the bathroom all day.

9. BeautifulStranger

"Hello, this is Sexy's Pizza. Our special today is Sexarroni... It's like pepparoni, only sexy..... JUST KIDDING!! This is Tyler! You know what to do after the beep!"

No lie, that's mine...

10. littledinosaurs

Mine used to be like that, and i'd change it every so often so people would trust the new one and fall for it again :grin:

11. Beth

yeh i hate the hello ones
    when my mate sams does that i always leave him a message tellin him what a twat he is & to seriously change the damn thing.the amount of times ive started talkin to it!!its a paiiiiin

12. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Darn it darn it darn it all
    I'm not here to take your call
    But please don't fret
    I will call you back I bet

Ok, so that's not what it says, because I've gotta have a professional sounding voicemail for work. But, if I could have whatever I wanted it would be that.

#12 ColbieMarie, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
  13. pwnorton

Good day, the party at this residence is unavailable to accept your call at present. They request that you leave a detailed correspondence involving the nature of your business. They will consider your request, and a response will be afforded at their earliest convenience. Thank you for your kind consideration. Good day

I have a service called Youmail, where you can customize your voicemail, like having a different voicemail greeting for different people. I chose the one above as mine.