1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hysterical Abortion Protesters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ashley2103, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ashley2103

My mom brought the stupidest pamphlet home from work from a group of idiots protesting abortion in the free speech zone (they were handing it out to everyone.)

This is the most hysterical thing I have ever got my hands on.

[​IMG]

2. Ryujin

You know what the ironic thing is? By making women have children they don't want, you are dehumanising then. You would essentially just be turning them into incubators. Funny that, how their own arguments turn against them, you'd think they'd actually think about it.

3. One Man Army

Suppose these people have their way and actually manage to illegalise abortion, it won't be long before will be watching in horror from the sidelines as the rate of unsafe backstreet abortions skyrockets.

Anti-abortion campaigners don't really care about the life of the fetus, or of the child it might develop into, and they certainly don't give a flying toss about the rights of the woman.

4. Hexagon

I've actually read some convincing arguments in favour of permitting abortion whilst allowing that a fetus is morally equivalent to an adult human.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you decide to have sex, you need to be prepared of the consequences. Children in the womb have a heartbeat after just 12 weeks, and they cannot defend themselves. I am strongly pro-life. Abortion is murder and genocide.

6. awesomeness

I've always wondered why America is so obsessed with abortion. Where I live, nobody gives a shit.

7. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the end of the day it's actually irrelevant whether you think it's murder. It is the woman's body and she can chose to do with it what she wants. Is abortion nice, no. But a fetus is essentially a parasite on the women and if she chooses to no longer support that parasite then she can chose to terminate the pregnancy.

The heartbeat is irrelevant anyway. Whats more important is the development of the brain and that does happen in till later in the pregnancy.

Besides having sex is fine as long as you use birth control.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It always amazes me how low the anti-choice movement will stoop; it's even worse when they yell, scream, block and otherwise harass women trying to access clinics.

These loons go well beyond the right to free speech to intimidation, and in some cases, violence and murder. And sadly, the Supreme Court has granted them more ways to block access to clinics...

9. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's exactly my point though. If you have sex, use the birth control. You don't have to worry about a baby.

10. Hexagon

Mistakes are made. Circumstances change. That's far too general a statement to address every individual situation.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's barbaric to force a woman to give up her bodily autonomy for 9 months if she were to get pregnant. In any free society, bodily autonomy is a must.

12. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether you agree with abortion or not (and I do not), I don't think these kinds of pamphlets and ads are effective. I understand the point they are trying to make, but this isn't going to convince anyone that abortion is wrong. But it is awfully easy to dehumanize, especially if that human isn't born yet.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

"Jews are responsible for economic and social problems because they are an inferior race...
    and a parasitic existence... there is only one effective measure: cut them out."

Joseph Goebbels, German Minister of Public Enlightenment, 1940
    Thus began the killing of six million innocent humans in Germany.

Oh heil no!

The moment I read that, after seeing what the title of this thread was, I knew this pamphlet had failed.

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Abortion is not murder nor genocide, it is a normal, routine medical procedure. 1 out of every 3 women will have an abortion in her lifetime. I've never posted this before, but this is an 18-page piece I wrote back in April about the subject. It doesn't have my name or my contact details or anything that's not allowed, but it's much longer than I could put in a single post here on EC.

Attached Files:

#14 AwesomGaytheist, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

That is incredibly shameful for them to co-opt historical tragedies like that. There are a hundred million was they can tell people abortion is bad without doing that.

16. Dakeli27

Not to mention, most likely, for the next two decades or so.
    People should have the right to do what they want with their bodies. Pro-life is not only against the life of the mother, but supports children having to grow up with parents that don't want them.
    I do not necessarily support abortion, I'm more in favor of birth control. However, people need to have freedom to have their own life.

17. Blossom85

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with abortion, I also would never try to stop someone from doing what they felt was right in their own individual circumstance. Generally speaking, we don't know the mother, don't know her feelings, what led her to making that decision and I think for a lot of women.. Even if they decide to abort a baby, it is never an easy decision.. I think it is as heart breaking for them as it is for others around them and I don't think we can judge a mother on what she decides to do with the life that is growing inside her.. I know myself.. I could never do it.. I could never make that choice to abort a baby I was carrying inside me.. But I would never presume to tell someone they should or shouldn't..

There is more to it then just having sex.. If someone willingly has sex, then I do agree they should be doing what they can to protect themselves from not having a baby if they don't wish to have one.. But there are other ways to create life that is not willing.. What is someone falls pregnant due to being raped? You can't imagine the devastating effects that women is already going through and then to find out she could be pregnant due to have being raped.. I don't know if I condone getting rid of the result of being raped, however if can understand why some women might feel it is easier for them.. So I think we need to take judgement away and not pretend to know everything that mother to be is going through when she makes that decision.

In response to the brochure.. It would not sway me one way or the other, so I think it has failed in it's effect to try to get people to be on their sides

18. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Shows you just how desperate they must be if they're having to trot out references to slavery and the Holocaust.

19. CloudyEver

I think, in the debates, it's universally understood that any case involving rape or incest is exempt from any abortion restrictions. Usually, pro-abortionists say, "Abortion, with the exception of rape or incest, is wrong..."

20. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though how exactly that's to be enforced, when rape is difficult to get a conviction for (and a long process before legally concluded), is very doubtable.

None of that passes as acceptable for me; if I'm not lambasted for mass-murder when I masturbate, the argument shouldn't go for pregnant people. Why is it that it's only considered murder when that potential life is held by a woman?*

*Obviously, non-binary people and trans men can get pregnant, but this debate is almost always framed as a matter of "murderous mothers"