1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upsetting/annoying experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by djb, Sep 30, 2014.

1. djb

djb

went in for a pedicure today at a local place that was supposed to be really good. I went in and was directed to a pedicure chair, so i took off my flip flops and i sat in the chair. When the pedicurist came over the noticed that my flips were pink and started teasing me then held them up for everyone else to see. She was saying some stuff to her coworker in a foreign language that i couldn't understand but i was pretty sure she was mocking me. She then asked me if I wanted my toenails painted pink (I do get them painted sometime but I just wanted to be out of there asap so i said no).

As a gay guy i don't feel any need to be "macho" so i wear pink flops and sometimes get my nails done, but i don't need to be mocked about it. I found that to be a very upsetting experience. So idk if i should stop wearing the pink flops or getting my nails painted/

Would be interested in what everyone else thinks?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Use whatever you feel confortable using, and find another pedicure who respects you. That one doesn't deserve your money.

3. Candace

I'm really sorry that that happened to you. You should go to Yelp! and complain about them or at least try to get them in trouble. That's uncalled for :dry:

4. Q-Tip

Wow, is being a sack of shit in there job description?
    Most everyone has already said what needed to be said but I send a digital hug to you!
    [​IMG]

5. ChameleonSoul

Who cares what they think, nobody has the right to choose what flip flops you wear. If you want to wear pink flip flops and get your nails painted, then you go ahead and do that. I would just recommend going someplace where people won't judge you.

6. MisterTinkles

I would have snatched my shoes, walked out the door, and spit on the bitch on my way out.

I dont know what country you live in, but you should report it to several consumer groups and spread the word this place is "intolerant" and doesn't accept people of all cultures....but they sure as hell expect everybody else to accept THEM!

7. djb

djb

Thanks for the support and kind words everyone. I'm thinking I'll paint my toenails pink myself tomorrow and slip on my pink flips and head outside just to show I don't care what others think :slight_smile:

8. MisterTinkles

I see guys in pink all the time, and nobody gives them any shit.

There are two guys at work that wear pink pants to work. They look silly in them, but nobody makes fun of them.

Guuuuurrrrrrllllllll..............

They just JEALOUS cause YOU ROCK PINK!!!!

[​IMG]

9. Blossom85

That is disgusting behavior for a business to be conducting themselves in.. Even if they were speaking in a different language, they still should be professional and treat everyone as equals, I would be getting the word out for other people to not go there and to boycott the place.. That is just wrong and terrible.

10. djb

djb

Update: I did paint my toenails pink and wore my pink flip flops to go out to lunch & shopping with my bf, who to my surprise did the same! (love that guy) :kiss:

We did get some stares but didn't let it bother us, and of course neither of us will get pedicures at that awful place.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people just never even consider that a man can be more important as a customer than a punching bag despite wearing fabulous shoes.

12. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can wear whatever you like. That dude in the suit can DEFINITELY wear what ever he wants...wow.

13. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Dude , srsly ? Why would you not continue do something you like and pay for ? Geezus man, borrow a ball from me ....
    Fuck them ! Go to another place and do yourself pink or wtf-e man.
    Embrace your pink flip flops.

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you might appreciate like this hilarious comedy skit by Anjela Johnson:
    [youtube]SsWrY77o77o[/youtube]