1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell Me What You Think About My Short Story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HighintheClouds, Sep 22, 2008.

1. HighintheClouds

Well... Actually, it's not really a short story, more like a short text. But it was written after a sort of argument with my mom which ended in a not-so-good, not-so-bad state... BUT ANYWAYS, here it is:

~~~~~~~~

After the Storm...

The waves slowly break onto the shore. The sky is dark and grey. A cold wind is blowing.

I walk along the beach, I stare out into the gloomy distance. All around me I'm surrounded by an atmosphere of somberness and melancholy solitude. I stop walking along the never-ending line of sand and surf. I lift up my head and look around. To my right is the sea which fades uninterrupted to the horizon.

Nobody is around. I feel drained. Cold. As the wind blows I realise that I'm shivering.

There is nothing here for me. I walk on.

Time passes. For how long I don't know.

Finally I see something on the sand. A disturbance in the ever-repeating pattern of yellow grains. I walk closer to it and bend down. It's a container. I open the dull exterior and inside I see a crumpled piece of paper. I unfold it. I read:

"The rain has stopped. Your journey is hard. Stay strong."

I stand up. I look at the sea once more. Somewhere in the distance, a sunbeam seems to pierce the sky for a moment, and a small patch of the waters somewhere far away is lit up. I stare at it for a few seconds, and the clouds roll back over it again, and the light which was there slowly disappears.

I stand gazing at the spot, then stir myself and proceed with my journey.

I continue walking forward, but there is something different. Something seems to have lifted in me.

I think of the paper. Its message. And the sunbeam.

And though I trod on... Slightly, I smile.

2. Davey

I like it. Its very well written and it really gives me a feeling of hope after my really weird passed few days.

10/10!