1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be weird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Basic, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So a friend of mine wrecked his bike and passed away last Friday night. His wake is tomorrow night. He had a young daughter he found out about last year. He was doing the right thing and spending time with her. (Even though he told me "Hell no" when I asked him if he was going to see her.) So I was wondering would it be weird if I got her like a small stuffed animal?

I ask this because when I was young, my grandfather passed away, it was devastating. From what I remember everyone was so distant kinda mean to me. Of course looking back on it, it's totally understandable.

I'm worried it's kinda inappropriate, I'm sure I'll never see her and the mother again. It's just seems so sad that this man, her father, came into her life and left so quickly. I'd like to, don't know. . .Just be a nice person to her.

I'll probably just pay my respect like everyone else. I don't want make it weird and harder then it already is.

2. Blossom85

It does sound like a really nice idea, and it shows you are a very caring person.. It's up to you if you feel it is right to give her one, I remember that I got a teddy not long after my nan passed and even though it was my mum who brought it for me for a different reason.. And I was in my teens.. I clung to that teddy and cuddled the teddy to sleep every night..

Here is a suggestion.. You can always buy a little one, talk to her mum at the wake and ask that if she is okay with it, you would like to give her daughter this stuffed animal.. I think children can often feel like they are left out at this point because the parents or other adults are busy grieving and taking care of all the details.

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it would be a good idea. I mean she just lost her dad, giving her a stuffed animal could cheer her up a little bit.