1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about perfumes...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shinji, Oct 1, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

So basically, what perfumes/colognes/scented water are you using, what are your impressions, etc... Be as detailed as possible, we can make this into a huge ass (am i allowed to say that?) thread with lots of info and stuff and, and... yeah. Okay go!

P.S. - Why is there not a thread about this already?!

2. Ryujin

Ooh. Petrol.

On a more serious note, I, unfortunately, associate perfumes with the idiots in my school who spend time on lesson putting perfume and make up on, maybe if I didn't then I'd be more willing to look into them.
    Also, I can't really get away with it without someone Who would judge me noticing

#2 Ryujin, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. Jenna0780

I wear Escada when I do wear perfume. I'm not one for very flowery smells. I like that Escada is simple and sweet-smelling. I also have a vanilla perfume for fall and winter. Vanilla is one of my favorite scents.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Can Anypony recommend a scent that is feminine but not *too* floral? If you can give me some names to look for, I'd like to go to a sample counter and try them. :slight_smile:

5. AlamoCity

If I wear a cologne at this time it will be Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Red Cologne. Personally, I like to smell like a freshly cut tree, mixed with hints of tobacco and musk.

Black Fleece Red Cologne Splash 3 oz - Brooks Brothers

I was at Neiman Marcus Last Call a week or so ago and I smelled another cologne I really liked by Salvatore Ferragamo.

Growing up, my dad had a collection of almost every single cologne they sold. Many scents are now considered "dated" in my mind, but will always bring me back to the 1990s/early aughts: Cool Water, Fahrenheit, JOOP, Polo (the classic green one, which, I guess is a classic), Acqua Di Gio, Eternity, Obsession, Givenchy's Pi (one of the coolest bottles, I gotta say),

6. Hexagon

I wear deodorant, if that counts. Apart from that, I'm a simple guy.

7. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like subtle, sweet, yet kind of dark scents. One of my favourites has been from Bath and Body Works called Secret Wonderland. It's pretty much just that - it smells like a very mature, somewhat sweet smell. I like to mix it with a little bit of Dark Temptations from Axe (A veeeery small amount because that stuff is strong!) which I got a lot of compliments on - it ends up smelling rich and delicate. That's what I wear.

In the past I've worn:

There's also Candy by Prada. I like that, although it's expensive. It smells a lot like...candy, I suppose, but not sickly sweet, or floral or anything.

And Killer Queen by Katy Perry which smells very similar.

Twilight Woods by Bath and Body works is also pretty good, it has a pleasant, somewhat sweet sort of muskiness.

I really don't like super sweet or floral smells. I find them pungent and unpleasant.

8. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Those sound nice, Kaylen. Thanx. :slight_smile: I bought my Mom Chance Eau Tendre for last XMas, and it's pretty, but too floral for me. I think I'll local store would have Killer Queen and Candy to see if I like them. :slight_smile:

9. awesomeness

Only The Brave by Diesel.

I don't know how to describe it in detail, but it's just a really awesome scent. The bottle is pretty cool as well.

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

My favourite perfume is Britney Spears' Fantasy (pink bottle). I also like her first perfume, Curious, Katy Perry's Meow and Purr, and Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck. There is an older perfume called Wish/Angel that is very pretty too. I'm currently using Taylor's third perfume, simply called Taylor and a no-name with a grapefruit and vanilla scent. I love perfume. I always wear it, otherwise I feel naked.

#10 XenaxGabby, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  11. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Only deodorant

12. Candace

I'm a simple guy too :lol: I got Jovan Musk for my birthday, but I just use regular deodorant. Cologne never really interested me that much, to be honest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

http://www.tokyo-milk.com/products/i-want-candy-no-4-parfum/images/327?sp=true

My absolute FAVOURITE scent I've found, ever. I use it SUPER sparingly (have had the bottle for four years now and am only 1/2 way through it) but I will probably use it more since I found out last year it's available online... found it randomly at Anthropologie one day and it was gone the next time I went so I always thought it was GONE FOREVER. I'm curious about the brands other scents but I'm not a huge $30-risk-taker.

Otherwise I try to use one of these daily (I have the coconut, strawberry, and raspberry (which I guess is discontinued now). Wish they would make a perfume for the peach, it is their BEST scent but they only have it in body spray :| )

Eau de Toilette | The Body Shop ®

Otherwise I have a gift bottle of Eternity sitting around somewhere, which is nice but gives me a huge headache and seems more "mature" than I want. I also have some random scent from Bath and Body Works (Twilight Woods or Cherry Blossom) sitting around but it also gives me a headache.

14. Blossom85

I can't remember all the names for them, but I have several Britney Spears ones, I have a Paris Hilton one, a Rihanna one, Hilary duff, and I have a perfume called Lauren by Ralph Loren cause it is simply put named after me. There is also one called blue grass that my nan used to wear.. I find perfume just to be intoxicating and makes me feel beautiful and good about myself.. I will usually put perfume on after my shower or bath even when I am staying home cause it is just a nice addition and I love when I get compliments that I smell really nice.

I also love perfume on other women and also cologne on men.. I just find it so alluring and again intoxicating in a good way.

15. blackandgold

I wear Violet Blonde, Noir de Noir, Italian Cypress, and Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford...haha, Tom Ford has yet to make a bad blend. They're all very powerful and dark scents and they definitely leave an impression.

16. juliegt6

YSL Opium - Strong oriental spice fragrance. I love it and even though it's really just me and women twice my age who wear it, I love it!

17. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Opium is a lovely scent.

18. Weekender

For regular use, I've got a bottle of Calgon Hawaiian Ginger that I picked up from Wal-Mart about a month ago. It's really more of a body mist than a perfume, though.
    Yes, I'm cheap.

I also absolutely adore the scent of vanilla. There's a lot of sentimental value attached to it for me, being that it's my dad's favorite and that it was my typical scent in the past for certain occasions.

19. White Knight

Too many labels to count as I use deodorants, colognes and perfumes. Most regular ones are:

Angel by Thierry Mugler is my favorite winter cologne for winters. Axe with different flavors is my deo and roll-on label to go.

In general I love spicey scents. Also have big fondness for pine smell.

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2014 at 08:57 AM ----------

I think there were... I remember answering something like that some time ago...

20. thekillingmoon

My favorite is Nina Ricci Premier Jour.