1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curly/frizzy hair. how do you manage it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anniebunnie, Oct 1, 2014.

1. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

When it's humid my hair just gets awful and frizzy since I have pretty curly hair. I've tried the a few products but they don't work too well :frowning2: I was wondering if anyone here has figured out good ways to keep it under control? Or certain ways to put it up so it's not so noticeable?

2. Blossom85

I usually straighten my hair if I am having an overly frizzy day.. However my hair is shorter now, so it doesn't get as frizzy now even when I don't straighten it, but I don't often use products on my hair apart from hairspray.

3. blackandgold

To smooth my curls, I use the light Veganese conditioner from LUSH. I wash my hair everyday, so the light conditioner is good for my hair.

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hair is atrocious. I take a shower in the morning, shampoo and conditioner. I comb out my hair while the conditioner is still in it, because it's easier to get out the tangles. Then I towel dry my hair, brush it to style, and then just let it air dry. I refuse to touch it with a blow dryer and once it's dry I don't touch it with a brush because that just makes it worse. It's the only thing I've figured out that works short of straightening my hair every day (which takes 30 to 40 minutes to do right).

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The sun doesn't do too much to my hair ,but what I do is during the summer .I wore my hair in a bun because my hair is long and thick and it makes summers hotter but not in a good way .
    I brought an instyler but I have not tried it yet .:dry:

6. Weekender

The only way I can keep my hair from getting out of control with the humidity is to shower at night and sleep with it wet. It'll dry by the time I wake up, so I just stick some leave-in conditioner in it and I'm all set.

Of course, my hair is abnormally fine for being wavy, so I'm not sure how effective that method is on peeps with thick hair.

7. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I'll try this..thanks!

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2014 at 08:27 AM ----------

My hair never wants to straighten it always curls up..ugh:bang:

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hot humid conditions make it almost impossible. Avoid Baltimore, as you'll need a lot of Hairspray. There's a reason the movie came from here!

9. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moroccanoil. It has done wonders for my hair.

10. littlemonster11

As far as managing the frizziness:

-Showering at night is a must, as my hair takes FOREVER to air dry. So after I shower, I spray on, especially on the ends, my conditioner mixed with water (it's basically what leave-in conditioner is) before I apply mousse.

-I've been told that putting your hair in a braid overnight makes the curls look nicer.

-I've also read that sleeping on satin pillowcases prevents your hair from getting any frizzier.

-Oh, and it is recommended you dry your hair with 100% cotton t-shirts instead of a towel after a shower. It's better for your hair as far as preventing frizz.

As far as hairstyles:

This video has been like a lifesaver for me! :lol: I've only tried one of the hairstyles, but I do plan on trying more of them out. I've been doing the double-ponytail when I go to work in case the weather is too hot or humid.

[YOUTUBE]uDe8e5e3s14[/YOUTUBE]

11. TurtleCat

My hair gets hella frizzy sometimes and not in a good way. I hate it because it gets messed up at work and I feel it makes me look unkempt. The ways I have found to deal with it are:

Certain kinds of shampoo -- I buy a kind that is specifically for keeping your hair smooth and free from frizz

Flat iron

Keeping my hair up in a bun

12. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to wash my hair at night - that's a great way of doing it. Never use a hair dryer - although my sister says a de-ioniser works? Now I wash it in the morning and use Got2b Glued - small amouts of "screaming hold" hair gel and it stays nice curls, not too crispy, not too frizzy. I also agree with drying it in a bun or twist, as it keeps it smoother, or a plait can make nice curls, or at least more orderly....doesn't do a lot for me though. Brush it while it's still wet.

I go for just down if it goes okay, or a bun or pony tail if it doesn't, but looks better if it drys naturally. But then, I'm lazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: