1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's got it toughest?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silentsound, Sep 22, 2008.

1. silentsound

There is always a little bit of debate over who has it harder as far as being accepted (boys or girls? gays or bisexuals? etc etc) Personally, I think it depends on the situation you're in. I know for me, it's a lot worse for girls which is different from most of society. I know I sound a little biased, but I see it every day: the few out boys we have are rejected and bullied by the boys but accepted and befriended by the girls. The girls, on the other hand, are alienated by both genders. So I am curious, who has it harder where you live?

2. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I think i'll actually agree with you that girls have it tougher as with guys most girls will take a gay guy as one of their best friends but lesbians tend to be more just eye candy nd fantasy for straight guys and not friends so much, from my experience anyway.

3. littledinosaurs

i think a gay boy could have it harder in the long run cause its generally less accepted. But i do agree it deffinately depends on the situation, at my school there are lesbians everywhere so they don't really have any problems in general.

4. MusicIsLife

I def agree it depends on the situation, but from my perspective, the guys around here have it harder. When i came out, i was totally accepted [and made guy friends xD] but the guys who i know came out as bi, they had a really hard time. One guy i know of, his brother outed him at school, and consistently calls his brother a fag to his friends.

Butttt on the other hand, according to my gay friend Mike, the college near to me, the girls have it harder, so idk.

5. Nugget

I don't know, I always thought transgendered people have it harder, especially transwomen.

6. littledinosaurs

OH good point, mtf probs have it the worst.

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    MTFs have the most trouble with social acceptance, and bisexuals seem to have more trouble being accepted by friends and family (usually because they're seen as faking it for attention, indecisive, gay but trying to hide it, etc).

8. EmperorNero

As far as I've noticed, gay males seem to have it harder. They are, as said, bullied by other (straight) guys, but befriended by girls. Lesbians, on the other hand, seems to be accepted by both genders (from my point of view, that is).

I don't know anything of transgendered people, since haven't heard anything about them here (For the record, I live in a small town with 15 000 citizens (And, for the fun of it, exactly 42 902 cows (In august 2007))).

9. Nixon

Jews trust me we do

But with the question Men do
    "Lesbians are hot as long as there not butch" One of My Friends

10. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm... I'd have to go with bisexuals at my school.

The two bi kids in my class, a girl and a guy, came out at pretty much the same time. Word spread fast, especially about the guy. The guy was a great athlete and once in the gym locker room I heard his friends talking about how he had "turned into a nasty fucking switch hitter" and that "if he likes girls, that's fine, but nobody wants to hear about no faggot shit". Sad.

11. JayC

JayC Guest

well where i live gay girls are accepted and bisexual girls are encouraged by our teenage and college society. however for us guys we are not encouraged and we get the HELL lecture. but we still have friends mostly girls but still have some guy friends.

12. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I think FTMs have it the harder as it seems there is much more MTFs than FTMs but on the other hand it is much harder to spot an FTM than to spot an MTF

13. skwidge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think bi. Because I initially identified as bisexual, and people assumed that I had to be in a relationship with a guy and girl at the same time to be satisfied. So I was instantly thought to be cheating, lying, indecisive... blah blah.

I don't know about gay vs lesbian though... I go to an all guys school and have never met any out lesbians in person before. But I can see what some of you mean when you say gays have it better cos they get befriended by girls.

14. Janvier

I'd say bi, because there's biphobia in the gay community and homophobia coming from straight people.
    Gay vs Lesbian? I think lesbians have it the hardest, finding a gay guy is much easier (for me anyway) than a lesbian and the LGBT community and 'gayborhoods' seem much more focused on gay males.

15. Defender

Defender Guest

I'd say it is all based on location.