1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How could I become the lead vocalist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    See, there's a tribute rock band at school and I want to join them, they sing... let's say.... The Doors (actually they don't sing The Doors, they sing another old-legendary rock band but I won't say it here)

The lead vocalist is such a huge fan of the original band but I want to steal his job! I know I can do it a lot better, the question is... how could I convince the rest of the group that I'm the better option? I don't like "The Doors" so I should start listening to them a lot more and learn the lyrics

When I get away it, maybe I should split the group in two, same instrumentalist different vocals and everyone's happy :lol:

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi. My apartment manager is drummer and leader of a great band. they do originals and rock covers, and their main vocalist is a woman but the bass player does some lead vocals to give the woman a rest - perhaps you could start as a "back up" vocalist to give you a chance to show your stuff? :slight_smile:

Good Luck.

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can audition for them and see if being a back-up vocalist is possible, that is if the rest of the group doesn't want to part ways with the current lead. Or, see if you can both be on lead.

4. White Knight

First of all you need to understand life favors 2 kinds of people: lucky ones and smart ones. Lucky ones find themselves in favorable situations. Smart ones create their own favorable situations.

As everything worth having, your goal needs planning and preparing the conditions for your ultimate success.

Start with showing your talent here and there... out of nowhere. Sing songs in cafeteria, when hanging around with friends and in locker room. Let them hear and bow before your talent.

While doing it examine lives of band members closely. Try to form friendship with their girl/boy friends or family members. More importantly let those people witness your talent.

When you think groundwork is done and you have enough base to lift you to the top, plan how lead singer could have an "accident" before their next, better most important number. Probably finest detail in that stage is erasing your tracks very carefully with the accident... You know if accident could has dire outcomes and they find your relation to the event you might become lead singer of the band in your local prison.

If things go bad and you have a dead body in your hands keep those simple rules in mind:
    - Look very sad on funeral
    - Offer your sympaties by singing a song to the lost friend.
    - Dramaticly vow that you would carry the flag he left and will become lead singer for the band to honor your "good" friend.

If ex-lead singer (yeah, ex... never thing negatively... you will take that position and shine brighter than any star humanity's ever known) survive the accident, take a position for filler lead. Become BFFs with band members fast.

Dig deep into ex-lead's life... family life. Find details... the more dirty and shameful, the better they are. His father having an affair? Out him. Nothing's cripple a teenager's life more than a family falling apart. Hack her sister's facebook account and put inappropiate pictures... preferably with old guys (there are tons of those in the net and this is why God gave people like us Photoshop)... Make her a slut, a graverobber, a graverobber slut? We saved our monies so far but if things come to that, offera junkie or homeless kid some money to make them introduce to neighbourhood as illegimate child of one of the parents... father makes more believable candidate. If you have good savings you can even hire a "mother" to that poor child.

That might seem like lot of work. If you want to be on top always keep your eyes on top. The low lives who would help you carry there are unimportant, disposable critters. They are there for you to use them. They might try to bite back... those ungrateful losers... but remember when you reach the top, no one can hurt you anymore.

Keep us informed. :smilewave