1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Want to Die?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

For the past month or two, I've thought a lot about death. No, no worries, I'm not contemplating the idea of suicide. I just like to prepare for that day...

Anyway, when it comes to passing away, is there a preferred way or method for you? Most folks tend to go with the 'die in my sleep', I've noticed.

To add another layer to this. Would you want to die before a certain age, or would you want to live as long as possible?

2. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd like to die in my sleep but I would like to do an Aldous Huxley and receive a good old dose of LSD before so I can trip my way out of existence.

I'd like to live right for as long as I'm mentally aware and can physically move around.

3. Hexagon

Quickly, and for a good cause. I don't want to die yet, of course, but I'm not going to put an age on it. If I get old enough that I no longer enjoy life because of a failing body, then I'd put a stop to things myself.

4. Ryujin

I'd like to die in my sleep as I am essentially terrified beyond reason of death.

I'd like to live as long as possible, though I don't feel a life without sensical thought is worth living for me

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no preference of how I die, but I have a minimum of 93 years old as my preferred age of death. I've had a large number of relatives die at 92, and I will not be satisfied unless I beat their record,

6. Blossom85

I can't say it has been something I have really thought about.. Dying suddenly can leave a lot of unresolved issues for family and friends and a lot of unspoken words, yet a prolonged illness is going to cause both you and your family pain, you pain for whatever illness you are going through and them pain for having to watch you go through it.. So I honestly don't know what I would prefer.. I only know I don't wanna go one moment before it is my time to leave this earth, preferably at a good old age.

7. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Suicide by hanging or something else that would leave my organs safe for donation.

8. Kabuki

I would definitely prefer to die sleeping. I'm super scared of dying! I don't really have an age but, I would definitely like to live for a long time.

If I had to choose another way that's not sleeping, then a quick death would be appreciated. Like getting my head cut off in a single motion or something. Slow deaths are terrifying!.

9. Yosia

Die protecting something/someone i love.

10. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want to die honorably. I want to die either saving someone else or protecting something I truly believe in.

11. MonteGuy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't care how as long as I am not in a lot of pain. I would want to live as long as I am independent and can still do the things I enjoy. I think seeing my body slowly fail would be very depressing to me. So I hope I die before I get to that point.

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I would give up my life to save someone else. I always wanted to.

13. KazTastic

Quick and painful, like going feet first through an industrial grade shredder.

14. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I would like to die well. I'd hope the people that love me could throw a party afterwards, and say - "that girl, I'm going to miss her but she was great to be around".

I think about going out during sex. xD

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'd like to die in my late 90's, preferably while sleeping and not of some disease.

16. RAdam

17. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

"Starfleet died today at the age of 80. She leaves behind a grieving, 23-year old partner. Her last words were - 'oh, I'm going...I'm going'." xD

18. RAdam

I read when...

Anyways I would want to die in my sleep after having lived a long and happy life :grin:

so original much originality

19. black-cat

Whatever age you die, it seems that you won't grow up, good for you! Hahaha.

As for me, quickly and with as little pain as possible. I know of certain instances and situations but I'm not going to share them as to not sound like a total creep! LOL.

20. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can understand why people would like to die in their sleep, but I can honestly say the most painful loss I've ever experienced was that of my Grandfather who just went to bed at night and never woke up. The grief was unbearable and it took me a long time to get over. So for me, I don't want to die that way - I don't want my nearest and dearest (few as they are) to be left with that unprepared feeling of never saying 'goodbye'.

If I must die of a serious illness I would like a good death with excellent palliative care. I don't want to linger and deteriorate for years and please God may I remain aware/alert until my final days. The idea of senility terrifies me.

If I can make 80, I'll be happy, but I really would love to make 100. I doubt it though as my family is not known for longevity.

Guess you're not the only one that's pondered over this Kaiser. :slight_smile: