1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Your Vices?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Alongside the subject of death, I have been meditating on 'weakness'. As a result, I brooded over my own personal weakness, which includes my vices. This got me thinking about others, in general, and well, I want to pose the question:

What are your vices/weaknesses? If you can answer the following: why are they so strong/difficult?

2. Hexagon

Cheese and laziness.

3. Ryujin

Procrastination. I find it hard to actually get round to being productive if I don't enjoy it, I struggle to think of what to write, where to start etc.

Shyness. I am extremely bad around people I don't know, I can't speak to them well, I mumble and I feel extremely uncomfortable.

Thinking. I think to much, I can never empty my mind or simply focus on one thing. I'm always considering too many things, I have too many aspirations and I also find it hard to discern what I'm actually feeling from what I am making myself feel, if I do that at all or maybe I simply make myself do that in denial, I don't know.

4. Blossom85

My vice would be chocolate for no other reason then I just love the taste.

Weakness would be letting things become personal and get to me more then it should. I have always been a little more emotional and sensitive then other members of my family and It's a character flaw of mine to let something become personal. Like if my friend doesn't message me back I take it personally and think he is ignoring me or I have upset him when it could just be he has a lot on his mind and could be busy and it's something I need to work on.

Also the fact I am shy, it sometimes gets in the way of me wanting to do certain things or feeling like I should do certain things on my own.

I also overanalyze/over think things, go through conversations I have had, should have had, should have said better or different.. Why people don't do what they say they are gonna do, why I let people certain people walk all over me, say to myself I am done and then go back for more.

#4 Blossom85, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  5. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vices? This shall take a while. I'm not sure I can really explain them, I don't really understand why or how they came about.
    I'm very impatient. This is maybe the largest one. I'm awfully, awfully impatient. I can't wait for anything.
    I'm rather selfish. In fact, I'm very selfish.
    I'm easily upset by small things and that is something I hate. I hate being so easily offended.
    I'm actually very violent and hateful in my actions when upset.
    I can be overly dramatic about everything and anything.
    I lie, quite a lot more than I would like. I also over exaggerate most things. I find that hiding things from people is becoming a lot easier for me.
    I find myself very attention seeking.
    I'm quite a jealous person. Okay, I'm an extraordinarily jealous person.
    Again, I'm rather self absorbed. Count the number of "I"s in this post.
    I'm extremely clingy as a person. This I am very ashamed of. I become attached to something easily and then overly obsessive about it.
    I'm very lazy.
    I tend to talk too much. As you can see.
    I find myself fundamentally a boring person.
    I have a very deep rooted fear that everyone hates me and this makes me act very irrationally at times.
    There are many more but I've talked too much again :grin:

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a bit of a cocky bastard when I want to be. I have possibly too much pride.

Ironically, however, I also have a great many insecurities. I love myself as much as I can, but I have physical (body-related), mental illness and personality-related insecurities which can lead to self-defence mechanisms (unexplained prevention of what might cause me to feel bad again, which can be confusing to others). I would rather be able to take care of myself without saying why, at times.

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may sound strange, but my honesty is likely one of them. Sometimes I hurt people because of my honesty. I hate it when that happens.

Also, my relaxed attitude can be a problem, I procrastinate and 'take my time'.

Moreover, I'm don't take words for granted easily, resulting in people saying "why don't you believe me?". It's not personal, it's just that there's evidence lacking.. =\

Those are mine.

8. MisterTinkles

Like Mary Poppins, I am practically purrfect in every way.

LOL

Nah, Im far from purrfect. Vices, lets see......food, sweets, being lazy.
    You know, the regular cat vices......really.

I despise exercise, even though I am supposed to walk some every day.
    I eat sweets (not too much), even though Im not supposed too.
    I eat my veggies, but not every day like I am supposed too.

I eat when I am nervous, upset, or bored.

Mainly, my vices depend on my mood. For quite a while now, my mood has just been boredom.

9. littlemonster11

Resentfulness: Because of past experiences.

Procrastination: Because I'm afraid of failure.

Tetchiness.

Stubbornness:

Anxiety.

Lust.

Rage.

Jealousy: Fear of losing something, or more importantly, someone.

Absent-mindedness.

Self-degradation: There's a lot of reasons.

Chocolate: Because it's delicious!

10. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am very stubborn, confident to the point of arrogance sometimes, I can sometimes be insensitive, and I procrastinate all the time.

Why? I don't know. The problem is that I often do recognize when they come up. I often do not see what I am being stubborn, arrogant, insensitive, or even lazy. It's after the fact that it comes to my attention and that I think is the biggest problem.

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think about death a lot. When I was younger, I would wake up, and the first thing that would pop into my mind was 'I might die today' or 'I might have cancer'. I would literally spend hours mulling over my own death or how I might die or when I will die. It's not as bad these days, but the prospect of death still scares me a lot, and it's hard for me to ignore it. Whenever my mind is unoccupied, I usually think about it.

I also have problems controlling my anger, and it's gotten me into trouble a few times. It's another thing that has lessened over the years but I still find myself getting very angry over the most trivial things.

In both cases, cognitive behavioural therapy helped, and antidepressants to a certain extent.

Sometimes I forget that I'm slightly crazy, even though I pretend like I don't give a shit about anything, but I guess we all have a little bit of crazy inside us.

#11 imnotreallysure, Oct 4, 2014
  12. Candace

Laziness and spending money when I don't need to.

13. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My vices? Drinking for sure. And junk food.
    Weaknesses: Shy person, procrastinator, too sensative sometimes.

14. One Man Army

I am a chronic procrastinator, which then leads to frustration with myself and further procrastination. I wholeheartedly admit that I am too laid-back and passive.

I also overthink things, which can result in me being unnecessarily stressed.

15. ChameleonSoul

I'm a pretty sarcastic and cynical person and I'll say something that'll piss off the wrong from time to time. I also procrastinate a lot and push things until the last minute. There would also be some people in the world that would say that I can be lazy. I prefer the term "energy-efficient".

16. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

food. food food food. the mental hurdles i jump to make excuses about WHY I NEED TO EAT ____________ are incredible, i can refrain from indulging game/book/art/electronics/etc purchases but i absolutely can not be stopped to fill a craving, once i have it. i think it's the only really bad indulgence i dig into, like i can be a lazy crazy drinking shit but i can always shake those things off when needed or at least hide them. but food? get the FUCK OUT OF THE WAY i am going to this chinese buffet and you, mother fucker, will not STOP ME

17. tulipinacup

I procrastinate a lot which lead to a lot negative effects in my everyday life. I think I would have been gone further in my career if I pushed myself harder but I also think that my procrastination stems from my anxiety because when I do nothing there is not stress.

18. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Food mostly. That and buying things when I'm trying to save up my money. I am slowly phasing myself out to a more healthy diet where I don't eat any of the things I'm allergic to no matter how ubiquitous they are. You might wonder why I've been eating them, and that's because it is so hard to eat vegan and gluten free when you have no money.

19. kem

kem

I am overly honest.
    I am vain and a bit self-centred.
    I lack empathy.
    I am always late.
    I have a messy relationship with food. I have binging periods and sometimes I hardly eat anything. It's funny how something as simple as food can be so difficult.

#19 kem, Oct 4, 2014
  20. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Anxiety/fear

Fear of failure

A little to pessimistic

Too little confidence/low self esteem