1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If You Had Supreme Authority for 24 Hours...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

... what would you do with that power?

Anything you do, after the 24 hours, cannot be held against you. People will remember what you did, but legally, nothing can be done about it. You cannot extend your authority, so, no becoming global dictator.

I could plug up other loopholes, but those two are the biggest. The point of this question is to see, if you had the resources to back up your passions, what would you tend to first, or attempt to resolve?

2. Hexagon

Well, I would terminate capitalism and set up a new society not based on the acquisition of wealth that doesn't consume resources in the same way, and thus wouldn't damage the environment. If I had time afterwards, I'd tackle poverty of human rights abuses.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same as Alex except opposite order.

4. glw

glw Guest

Take out intellectual property and introduce a global direct democracy. Then I would attack capitalism along with the troves of bad industries (i.e petroleum, meat, chemical)

5. black-cat

This is going to be a really interesting thread, as for me, I'm not sure, I'll have to think about it and come back. :slight_smile:

6. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Free cheesecake for everyone!!!!

7. twosoups

I would extend the length of an hour to about a decade.

8. NatWheeled

I'd rewrite and enforce the Americans with Disabilities Act, demanding more accessibility. I'd also make disability income not tied to a persons income, so they can work n be a productive member of society And keep their disability check. And last but not least I'd reintroduce hard labor, flogging, and castration for rapists, as punishments for crimes.

9. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

What glw said.....

10. Hexagon

I choose to target the problem before the symptoms.

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

go to the moon, set up base there.

12. SeaSalt

The world would be set on fire with the flames of glorious conquest once again. If I ever get supreme power for god sake assassinate me!

13. Candace

I would end the conflicts going on in the Middle East and Ukraine, along with bringing awareness to end child hunger, poverty, and providing better education.

14. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Normally, I'm not for radical change, but this is a good opportunity to fix things up!

First, I'd make every country free market capitalist. :grin: At the very least, I'd replace all oppressive (mostly communist or fascist) regimes with democracies, republics, meritocracies... whichever the citizens would like the most. I'd allow trans people into the military and abolish DADT.

I'd stock up on videogames, testosterone gel, and comics. I'd also get into a prestigious college.
    The world's greatest doctors/scientists have 24 hours to improve trans medicine. I'd want this day to be a day of innovation.
    You don't want to know what will happen if it doesn't happen. (Nothing, but I'd be pretty disappointed.)

Meanwhile, I would try to improve America's education system, help Hong Kong get autonomy, and use my authority to send armies to defeat IS. I will also send Kim Jong-un and his family into jail/space/etc., where they will never hurt anyone again. I would change all anti-gay laws into "all civil unions legal, no matter what your gender ". I don't think I'd be able to change anyone's attitudes, but it would be a start.

#14 An Gentleman, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  15. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would commission the building of the next Pangea then make myself supreme Emperor and offer citizenship and jobs to those that want them and do my best to build a utopian society

16. Ashley2103

I would rob every billionaire of their wealth and have a massive palace built.

17. Gfig

Gfig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would destroy both Capitalism and Communism and make a law that nobody could make below 50,000 dollars a year, or more than 600,000. Nobody is dirt poor or dirty rich! I would make it so that salaries are based on the job you have and nobody could make more money just because the boss likes them more. Make it illegal to use any non-organic pesticides on crops. Make gay marriage legal in every country. I would give independence to Tibet, Catalonia, Scotland, Bavaria, Crimea (full independence), Chechnya and get a representitve from all the African tribes to TRY and resolve the issue of one tribe is scattered between different countries and no way to unite. Then I would name myself supreme emperor so I could have supreme power tomorrow too!

18. MisterTinkles

You can't offer "Supreme Authority" without also having world domination included in that.

By deleting the world domination aspect.....there is NO "supreme authority" allowed then.

19. edgy

edgy Guest

Kinda like this...

20. 101DeadRoses

Get rid of any and all laws standing in the way of total equality, including anti-abortion laws and anything that allows anyone to impose their beliefs on others.

Find the guy who wants to introduce a generator powered by nothing but magnets and the slightest movement and get him to start making those generators.

Get rid of laws protecting corporations.

Raise taxes on the rich and lower taxes for the impoverished.

Convert as much traditional power to solar and water power as I could.

Legalize gay marriage and adoption in every single country and kick cruel dictators out of office, placing more capable people in office.

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2014 at 01:28 PM ----------

And also make every single place that makes video games make new copies of Bioshock 1 & 2.

And make Kaiser queen of all when my time is up.