1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are some of examples of people choosing to be gay or bisexual ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Oct 5, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Besides political lesbians , what are some examples of people who choose to be lesbian gay or bisexual ?
    I heard some people choose to be lgbt so what are some examples of people choosing it ?:confused:

2. Like you said, most people who actively choose to be LGBT are only politically so. I also know some bi people who prefer people of their gender much, much more than they do those of the opposite gender that refer to themselves as "basically gay".

Other than that? I'd say probably people who are seeking attention and think that it's edgy or cool to be LGBT.

3. Doudline

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are none.

Sexual behavior =/= sexual orientation.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

bunch of old fuckers my grandma knows that always say "now i CHOSE to be this way I CHOSE THIS LIFESTYLE" so now my grandparents assume it is always a choice, thanks guys

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess it's possible for bisexuals who for whatever reason are so misogynist/misandrist, they choose to downplay those attractions, but it's probably not very common.

6. Blossom85

No one chooses their sexuality, it chooses them.. However you can decide your sexual conduct on how you are gonna live your life.. For example.. Being born gay, but choosing to live a straight life due to homophobic family etc.. I have never heard of anyone choosing to live a gay lifestyle even though they are actually straight.

7. Randomcloud

This

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There's no such thing. Sexual behavior is not sexual orientation. I choose to stay celibate for my entire life, but I'm not choosing to be asexual, as I still have sexual attraction to women; I just choose to ignore it

9. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly is a "political lesbian"? I keep hearing that term, but have no idea what it is.

10. From what I understand, it's someone who chooses to live as a lesbian in order to fight against misogyny (this isn't the most eloquent explanation, but it'll do). It's usually associated with radical feminism.

I feel like I should add that I don't support political LGBT people, but I recognize them as a reality.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's a woman who isn't attracted to women who chooses to live like a lesbian for example only dating and having sex with other women . To get back against men or stand up to men . Or because of their hatred of men.

Some people still believe and I have ran into many that all lesbians are like political lesbians and we're like that because men treated us badly .

Thanks political lesbians you so helped the lesbian community :dry:

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

This basically. It's usually used by radical and sexist feminists for liberation, which is pretty bullshit because being a lesbian isn't about hating men or being free from them.

I think this just proves that we need to work on more varied standards for heterosexuals as well, since a lot of straight women sadly feel suppressed in their relationships which have more gender roles and sexism than gay ones do.

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep, otherwise I would have listed several types of sex workers. I wouldn't exactly count straight women who do "lesbian" sex scenes, or straight men (or trans women of any orientation) who have little other choice than to prostitute themselves to folk they normally wouldn't as genuine examples.

Orientation is much more than an act.

14. flatlander48

The thing is, I think it would be difficult for a straight woman to be lesbian for political reasons if there wasn't some degree of tendency to begin with. That seems like a tough sell..

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some of them do it very well you would be surprised of their hatred

16. femmesday

Well, I'm attracted to both men and women, but past experience with men has led me to choose women more. That doesn't change my orientation, it's just a choice I make because it makes me happier and safer in some instances. However, I am still bisexual. So that could be a ln example of choosing, perhaps.

17. flatlander48

No, I wouldn't. However, I have a hard time believing that they were completely heterosexual beforehand...

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Aren't they all?

LOL!

19. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not our place to tell someone what they are or aren't feeling, though. You'd think we in the queer community would know better.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wait we're this discussing it on a public forum , we aren't telling someone what they aren't or aren't feeling . I could understand your logic if we were in person talking to a person . To me it seems like the lgbt community is becoming like the church , where they use to tell people they were wrong for questioning things ,or having an opinion .
    I guess it's wrong to have an opinion in the lgbt community, now specially when it doesn't agree with others . Yes we in the queer community should know our place to all be the same and question nothing or don't have an opinion of anything .
    although I agree with your stance and disagree with his shouldn't people have a right to an opinion .

#20 stocking, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014