1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in Karma?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robotman, Oct 5, 2014.

?

Do you believe in Karma?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2014.
  1. Yes, I do!

17 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. No, I don't.

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Not sure...

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Naa but I think things just happen and you have to just go with it.

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. What is Karma...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Err... Huh... I like chocolate.

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. robotman

So I have always had this belief that no matter what, as long as you are good it will pay off in the long run because of Karma. So I am as nice as I can be to everyone and try to be a good human :slight_smile:lol: that sounds funny) in general. So far, I would say that I get alot of bad Karma but I am hoping that changes for me soon, I am such a misery guts sometimes because nothing good seems to happen to me.

So I am wondering if anyone else believes in Karma? Or do you think bad and good things happen randomly? Or is it something else :confused:?

2. prideful

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally, I believe whole-heartedly in Karma, simply because of how I was raised. My parents always told me if I was a good person, good things would happen to me... Now, whether or not that is the case, is a completely different beast... haha :lol:

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I like the idea a lot and I wish it was true but I don't think I believe in it

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe in it but I'm not sure if it's true .

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

So, your nice in you're favour? Lol

I'm not sure, but I believe if you be positive, you will feel positive, and you will have positive.

6. Blossom85

I do believe in it which is why I always try to be positive in everything I do.

7. robotman

Yeah, I guess I am nice because I want good karma but I would like to think that I am a nice person generally because I am nice and want to be treated with respect and nicely aswell lol.

8. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Don't believe in a magical notion that if you do good/bad you're guaranteed by some cosmic force to have good/bad come back to you. I just think the things you do will provoke predictable reactions and consequences. You screw someone over and it's gonna create some bad feels, help someone out and it'll make good feels, and those feels might lead to more good or bad feels. No guarantee it'll come back around

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

no but whatever it's cool

10. Tardis2020

I don't necessarily believe in Karma, but I do believe that eventually good things pay off, and assholes have bad things happen to them. Maybe not now, maybe not in years from now, but eventually it will happen. Chances are, people who do bad things do it often and at some point they do it to someone who gives it right back.

11. black-cat

I do believe in Karma. I don't think I'm a particularly spiritual person, but this I do believe.

12. Ryujin

Karma is a twisted derivative of 'post hoc ergo propter hoc'. You do good things and then good things happen to you, which makes you think that doing good things caused good things to happen to you. Which I don't believe in, I simply believe it's coincidence.

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe in it. If you are a good and positive person, it will pay off in the end. Those that are filled with negativity and are morally corrupt, will get paid in the end from Karma. This is one reason why I don't try to get even with people. To me, that would be unnecessary and negative. I find this comforting.

14. texas wizzard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i believe that each religion has a type of karma, Christians says what you sew you reap, that is a kind of karma. i think its a rule of life that there is a what comes around goes around principle. i think if your a good person more people return that to you. so i am not sure if its like this energy that floats around but i think you tend to attract the kind of people and actions that you give.

#14 texas wizzard, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  15. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, sorry, I don't feel there's a thing called Karma. I have no reason to believe it's true.

That being said.. If you are a good person, and willing to do things for others, I think it's likely that others appreciate you more (and are thus willing to do more for you). If you never help anyone, I don't think many will help you out of nowhere. Action & reaction.

16. Hexagon

No, I don't. But I try to be good anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, being good for a reward like heaven or good karma is meaningless.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do I believe that nature has a mechanism of justice which haunts us all? No.

Do I believe that our actions have very real consequences which can linger for years, decades, and even centuries? Absolutely. And I believe that humans are very capable of exacting revenge and retaliating as they see fit.

Evil actions can cause resentment in others, but I believe it's purely the actions of sentient beings with a grudge, not the measured hand of divinity.

18. SeaSalt

Karma may or may not be real but the idea is hilarious.
    [​IMG]

19. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

No I don't believe in karma.

20. Hexagon

Additionally, I start wondering if it can really be made to work. After all, if you deserve the bad thing you got because you did a bad thing to someone else, then is the person who did it to you really doing a bad thing, and thus deserving of bad karma?